Menu
Expat.com

Explain marriage

Last activity 05 May 2011 by Rob G

adnankiani

Hi everyone, I am new here and want to have some discussion about marriage.

Will you like to explain what is marriage? Why we get marry?

I know its a silly question but wants to have different view points....

lara_q8

Whoa! That's a tricky one:D. Leave it for after the weekend:P

adnankiani

i shell wait for your reply after weekend smile.png
have a nice weekend lara

Armand

Hi and welcome on board adnankiani:)

What a strange question!
Are you intending to get married?

Regards
Armand

adnankiani

Thanks Armand.
It is strange smile.png.
but there are many such question in my mind.
where is your answer?

Armand

I'm single adnankiani so for the time being marriage is just something that i did not experience yet lol.png

Maybe i will be able to give you a true sincere answer when i will be married tongue.png

Armand

ace117

marraige is like a dessert ,one who eats it regrets it(not includes everyone),and one who does not eat this dessert is very courious.

vox1280

it's a Serious & logical Question ... cool.png

for me marriage is setting with my wife on a sofa after a long working day to drink Tea or coffee and discussing our future and our Kids' future ... as a scene par.png

it's very very important to me to have an educated women can understand me and sharing our vision:cheers: ... marriage it's not just a bed relationship it's very deep and a permanent kiss.png

I'm Still single and it's my view point

Regards
Tamer

u.zair83

Explain marriage??

heap of compromises baby !!

scottyq8

Ok guys feeling must reply to this one.

This year is my 25th wedding anniversary!!!! You get less for murder lol.

What is marriage? well marriage is compromise, marriage is togetherness, marriage is hard but marriage is well it just IS.

My wife started as a person I was attracted too, then a person who was a lover, we fell in love,  then a wife and before very long my life, my right hand but more than anything my friend and soul mate.

Yes we live apart as she is still in UK but we speak everyday and we know that we have to work at our togetherness but after so loooooooooonng no matter what we will always care deeply for each other.

Its not easy to descibe, we have 3 wonderful daughters who make us proud every single day but its not a picnin theres forgiveness, anger sometimes understanding others but it is sharing, sharing and enjoying / living every moment good or bad.

With the right person its the right thing

LOL hope that helps

vox1280
scottyq8 wrote:

Ok guys feeling must reply to this one.

This year is my 25th wedding anniversary!!!! You get less for murder lol.

What is marriage? well marriage is compromise, marriage is togetherness, marriage is hard but marriage is well it just IS.

My wife started as a person I was attracted too, then a person who was a lover, we fell in love,  then a wife and before very long my life, my right hand but more than anything my friend and soul mate.

Yes we live apart as she is still in UK but we speak everyday and we know that we have to work at our togetherness but after so loooooooooonng no matter what we will always care deeply for each other.

Its not easy to descibe, we have 3 wonderful daughters who make us proud every single day but its not a picnin theres forgiveness, anger sometimes understanding others but it is sharing, sharing and enjoying / living every moment good or bad.

With the right person its the right thing

LOL hope that helps

I'm really looking for something like that .... this is the real marriage in my view point ... God bless you and your family gloria.png

Moo

Simply we get married to have a baby smile.png

adnankiani

Thanks for your lovely reply @ scottyq8.
Everyone loves to have such married life @ Vox

adnankiani

Just now i received a message on my Watsapp from a contact would like to share with you and wants to get your opinion about it smile.png
When u r wrong and u surrender; u r honest
when u r in doubt and u surrender; u r wise
but
when u r right and still you surrender; then u r a "HUSBAND"

legacy

lol, theres alot of negativity about marriage for some reason, and it appears as tho you are endorsing it adnankiani tongue.png

i walked into a shop the other day and they had a plaque on the wall that read "the great thing about marriage is being with that special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life"

so i dont blame you, i blame the media.

and as some said, marriage is not about babies, coz u dont need a license to do that!

in its essence, marriage is the joyous amalgamation of two people who foreswear all others for each other, you commit to that one person who is the world to you, and you are the world ot them, and you become one.

there is nothing wrong with marriage, some people are ready for it, some people are not, some people seek it, some people do not. in the end, only you will know when you are ready.

i wonder if this is research for a book or something? tongue.png

adnankiani

Thanks legacy for sharing your thoughts and you are absolutely rite.
i added that message as a joke only smile.png

lara_q8

Thank you adnan smile.png. I see you have some lovely answers here, esp scotty, awww, envy your wife:).
Ehhm, moo, you better don't let your wife/gf read your comment yikes.png .

ace117

lolz @ moo.

adnankiani

yes lara, scotty and legacy has explained really well smile.png
but i would like to know your thoughts as well

tough_psycho

Marriage is a physical and mental bonding of two and it all goes hand in hand as long as there is love,understanding, compromises, respect between each other.
Ur Spouse would be someone who is there to share ur happiness, joy, sadness and anything that come across.. and as long as that bonding is there, its always a happy married life..
Kids are the true outputs of such a bonding and i would say that a married life becomes complete with them.

Freaky faisal

HMMMMMM small description of wife.

W I F E

Without
Information
Fighting
Every time

A husband sitting next to his wife is like
a

Palestinian sitting next to Israeli

Note: Husband as Palestinian & wife as Israeli. hhahahahaha

adnankiani

big_smile.png

Moo
tough_psycho wrote:

Marriage is a physical and mental bonding of two and it all goes hand in hand as long as there is love,understanding, compromises, respect between each other.
Ur Spouse would be someone who is there to share ur happiness, joy, sadness and anything that come across.. and as long as that bonding is there, its always a happy married life..
Kids are the true outputs of such a bonding and i would say that a married life becomes complete with them.

This is the explain of my previous reply
" Simply we get married to have a baby "  smile.png

Em03750
legacy wrote:

lol, theres alot of negativity about marriage for some reason, and it appears as tho you are endorsing it adnankiani tongue.png

i walked into a shop the other day and they had a plaque on the wall that read "the great thing about marriage is being with that special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life"

so i dont blame you, i blame the media.

and as some said, marriage is not about babies, coz u dont need a license to do that!

in its essence, marriage is the joyous amalgamation of two people who foreswear all others for each other, you commit to that one person who is the world to you, and you are the world ot them, and you become one.

there is nothing wrong with marriage, some people are ready for it, some people are not, some people seek it, some people do not. in the end, only you will know when you are ready.

i wonder if this is research for a book or something? tongue.png

What a wonderful post Legacy!!!

Marriage is what you make it!! Trust me i have done it twice!!!!
I just love your explanation!

My husband is my lover, my soul mate, my best friend! Someone I can cry with and someone that I can laugh with. Someone that I know will never let me down. We have a beautiful Son together and he is also a wonderful Step-Father to my two other children. Both of us have our faults (who doesnt?), but hopefully our good points make up for it!!

As I wife I strive to be all those things to him also. Is marriage easy? No not always, but the good times outweigh the bad and I am very proud to be his wife!

legacy

I love those last two lines smile.png

make it 6,,

adnankiani

today i received another joke about husband and wife, would like to share with you smile.png
A husband was throwing knives on his wife's photo, while she was out of station. But none of the knives were hitting the photo! Suddenly wife called up, "hi honey, what are you doing?"
Husband replied, " I'm missing you!" smile.png

miles327

I grew up in the country where marriage is a lifelong commitment..Vowed to be together " till death do us part".
Of course all of us here would like to have a successfull marriage life..when we are young we are very idealistic about marriage.When you end up in a bad marriage you dont know how to get out of it..So before you marry, be sure you are ready to be with this person for the rest of your life...

miles327
vox1280 wrote:

it's a Serious & logical Question ... cool.png

for me marriage is setting with my wife on a sofa after a long working day to drink Tea or coffee and discussing our future and our Kids' future ... as a scene par.png

it's very very important to me to have an educated women can understand me and sharing our vision:cheers: ... marriage it's not just a bed relationship it's very deep and a permanent kiss.png

I'm Still single and it's my view point

Regards
Tamer

very well said..i wish there are more men out there like you!

Freaky faisal

Every one will speak from his/her experience of marriage, so impossible to have an answer, which implies the question is rather childish.

Marriage to me is commitment, once you take on the path, you should make all your efforts to make it work.

Cheers

adnankiani
oraclefusions wrote:

Every one will speak from his/her experience of marriage, so impossible to have an answer, which implies the question is rather childish.

Marriage to me is commitment, once you take on the path, you should make all your efforts to make it work.

Cheers

yes you are rite, everyone will speak from oneself experience...not about only marriage but any topic.

a question one asks could be meaningful for him, but for others it could be childish or useless. its about any question someone asks to anyone smile.png

it might be childish for you bro, but its meaningful for me and many others big_smile.png

Rob G

simple.... like everything in life .... you get out what you put in and make it what you want.

I am married, although I never thought I would, don't want kids so that isn't the reason and sometimes mull this over, for some it will give direction, stability, caring and sharing. For others financial gain, two heads are better than one, kids etc.

It is up to you .... your in charge of your life and we're all individuals!

P.s. Scottyq8 i'm thinkin you wrote that when you hadn't been home for a while big_smile.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Kuwait

• Leisure activities in Kuwait
    Leisure activities in Kuwait

People might assume there isn't much to do in Kuwait as the country is so small, but that would be wrong! The ...

• Banking and finances in Kuwait
    Banking and finances in Kuwait

Soon after arriving in Kuwait, you will likely want to open a Kuwaiti bank account. Opening a bank account can be ...

• How to drive in Kuwait
    How to drive in Kuwait

If you are planning to move to Kuwait, obtaining a driver's license should be at the top of your to-do list! While ...

• Find the best location to live in Kuwait
    Find the best location to live in Kuwait

It is important for us to live in a community that we feel comfortable and secured. I wrote this article for ...

• Phones and internet in Kuwait
    Phones and internet in Kuwait

Staying in touch with friends and family both inside and outside of Kuwait couldn't be easier with today's ...

• Accommodation in Kuwait
    Accommodation in Kuwait

One of the first things you will need to take care of when moving to Kuwait is your accommodation. If you're ...

• The tax system in Kuwait
    The tax system in Kuwait

One of the most attractive features of working in Kuwait for expats is its tax-free personal income environment. ...

• Finding jobs in Kuwait
    Finding jobs in Kuwait

I would like to give you some tips on how to market your skills to stand out from the crowd. I've ...

All of Kuwait's guide articles