Menu
Expat.com

Marriage procedures and documentation required

Last activity 05 May 2024 by Benson Harrison

Bearderick
@Bearderick I didn't got any dm anyway you can go to the main police station of the city you are residing now and ask them that you want to extend your visa and mention the reason of why you want to extend your stay in Morocco they will give you a pink form fill it up and submit you will get your visa extension in a week before make sure that you write three months at the time of applying for extension it's no
-@Mizanurdonia

I went to salé and they randomly said no and I didn't understand them well. I'll go to Rabat now.

Mizanurdonia

@Bearderick you need to go to the main police station or they it Préfecture if you have a visa sticker on your passport they cannot say no for extension but if you have evisa then I think it is not extendable

aamirmansuri

@Mizanurdonia Assalamu alaykum bro.  i have some queries regarding documents for marriage can we chat on wats app .... i have also send a DM can u please reply there

Mizanurdonia

@Aamir Alam yes you can get your birth cum nationality certificate in French from the embassy of india in Rabat it's very easy and normally they give it same day provided if you reach the embassy before 9.30 am

Mizanurdonia

@Aamir Alam you cannot make birth cum nationality certificate in India as it has to be printed on the letterhead of the embassy of india in Rabat please note that you have get a criminal background check certificate or "NÉANT" from the ministry of justice in Rabat and you need to get the birth cum nationality certificate in French stamped by the ministry of external affairs of Morocco in ra

Klmb

How much it takes a capacity of mariage to get it?

ziyaddalwai

Assalamalaikum Mizanur Bhai,

Your threads have been really helpful.

I will be soon going to Morocco for Nikah as I am already engaged.

I have arranged for the Capacity/singlehood certificate and the PCC.

If possible you can provide me with your email, facetime or whatsapp number as I wanted to have a call with you privately and understand  the entire process step by step.

Jazakallah.

Khalid Jaffar

Hi everyone my name is khalid and i am from india i have been to morocco two times and my wife is from morocco if you need help let me know

md sajid mohiuddin

@ziyaddalwai

Hi, its Very complicated process depend on location where your fiancé lives and where you have arranged your documents.

where did you obtain PCC and capacity of marriage? Before going to morocco l, try to get all information, process procedure, all documents requirements and much more.

good luck. if you need any info write all details what you have arranged so far and when planning to go

Mefind187

@Mizanurdonia Asalamwalaikum.  Nerd your assistance as Im planning to get married to Moroccan girl. Can we connect over WhatsApp or telegram.

Mefind187

@Mizanurdonia can you help me with some information about marrying a morrocan girl.

Mefind187

@ziyaddalwai Even im the same situation as you are. Need some more details in case you have gathered. Here's something i could find. https://indiamorocco.com/list-of-docume … n-morocco/

ashmilhabzz

@Mamkchello please share your whatsapp number.i am also in relation with a girl in morocco for clarification of some questions.it would be easy if you share your contact number.

Cheryl

Hello ashmilhabzz,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Please note that contact details should not be shared on the forum.

Feel free to discuss any topic on the forum itself.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

shafikarassery7

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out because I'm excited to share that I'll be marrying my fiancé from Morocco this June 2024, Insha Allah. I'm in need of some guidance regarding the best visa options for this occasion.

Whenever I've approached travel agents here in India, they've only been able to offer a 30-day tourism visa. Unfortunately, this isn't sufficient time to complete all the necessary documentation work.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions you may have regarding visa options that could accommodate our needs. Thank you in advance for your help!

@Mizanurdonia

Khalid Jaffar

@shafikarassery7 apply sticker visa of morocco take 3months of tourist visa also e visa you can apply

Benson Harrison

@Khalid Jaffar

This is wrong brother. Indian passport is allowed only for 30 days in Morocco. After which you have to exit and re-enter morocco on new tourist visa for another 30 days if you wish to re-new.

Benson Harrison

@shafikarassery7

Apply for e-visa from, there is no need for travel agents https://www.acces-maroc.ma/#/

Unfortunately Indian passport with e-visa for tourism is limited to 30 days. If you wish to extend it, you need to leave morocco and re-enter on new 30 days e-visa.

Khalid Jaffar

@Benson Harrison brother i am married to a Moroccan girl and i am indian i have applied for 3 month of tourist visa and i got it …

Benson Harrison

@Khalid Jaffar

Yes applying through moroccan embassy can get you longer visa, even multi-entry visa but e-visa is limited to 30 days brother.

shafikarassery7

@Benson Harrison

I have tried with multiple travel agencies for a 90-day stamp visa in my passport, but nobody is taking that option, can you please advise how you apply for that?

I wish to stay there in Morocco with my wife long-term after marriage. is there any possibility of that? how do I get a visa for that without coming back to India?

shafikarassery7

@Khalid Jaffar

Brother, can you please guide me for this option, please help me when you get this 3-month stamp visa. is there any option to get a family reunification option before marriage? Because I have my engagement photographs as proof

Benson Harrison

@shafikarassery7 Why are you applying through agency? you can do your visa yourself. Download form, fill it and take it to moroccan embassy in India.

You can see information here: https://www.consulat.ma/en/ordinary-visas

The problem here is you will not get the family reunification visa without nikkah because the main proof for that visa is marriage certificate. You said you are engaged and this is not recognised in Moroccan law. You are either married or not married.

You should apply for standard visitor/tourist visa through moroccan embassy for purpose of travel as tourism, and in visa type select long validity, multiple entries. Documents needed are mentioned in website. E-visa only lasts 30 days so I will not advice that to you.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Morocco

• Getting married in Morocco
    Getting married in Morocco

If you want to get married in Morocco, there are different steps and a variety of procedures to follow. These can ...

• Choosing your neighbourhood in Marrakech
    Choosing your neighbourhood in Marrakech

Marrakech comprises five leading neighborhoods, namely Medina, Mellah, Gueliz, Hivernage and Chrifia. Each of them ...

• Casablanca neighbourhoods
    Casablanca neighbourhoods

Stretching over 220 km², Casablanca is more than twice the size of Paris. Like all historical cities and ...

• Opening a bank account in Morocco
    Opening a bank account in Morocco

Opening a bank account in Morocco is relatively easy. The language barrier could be an obstacle if you do not ...

• Making phone calls in Morocco
    Making phone calls in Morocco

During your stay in Morocco, you will certainly wish to keep in touch with friends and family. To do so, you can ...

• Getting around Marrakech
    Getting around Marrakech

In Marrakech, there are many means of traveling inside the city and outside, whether for work or leisure. Each of ...

• Getting around Casablanca
    Getting around Casablanca

Moving around in Casablanca is a day-to-day challenge. However, the city has a fairly developed ...

• Driving in Morocco
    Driving in Morocco

You can drive with an international driver's license in Morocco for a period of one year as from your date of ...

All of Morocco's guide articles