Iqama Medical Question // Blood Pressure and Protein in Urine

Dear friends,

I have been granted my work visa to move to Saudi Arabia, but I'm a little worried about the Iqama medical once I arrive.  I have high blood pressure (which does cause some protein to leak into my urine). My doctor in the USA signed me off as "fit to work" and the visa issued (in spite of a slight amount of protein in my urine that showed up in the test). I know I have to take the medical exam again in Jubail once I arrive and I'm having nightmares that the doctor in KSA won't be as understanding as my doctor in the USA and will reject my Iqama! Does anyone else have any experience with this type of issue? Any experience with imperfect medicals and getting the iqama?

Did you get your IQAMA even with your high blood pressure?

Yes. With my medication it brought me to my BP to a reasonable range and I was able to pass in spite of that and the protein issue. I think they're just looking out for something really, really bad. Good luck!

They really only care about incurable (i.e. those, for whom, your tests remain positive for life) infectious diseases e.g. TB, Hepatitis, HIV etc.

@FedericoSassi hi

will bp medicine alter other test results

Hi

will bp medicine chemcial  will create any issue  in blood test

@Changestar:  if you mean that whether a BP medicine will cause your HIV, Hep B or Hep C tests to turn positive, then no.  If you bothered to read above what I had said before..........these kind of infectious diseases are what they really care about.  Generally everything else is fine.

Thanks