Moving

I plan on making the move to Mx in 11/18.  I know that I need a 6 mo. visa & can then decide (eventually) on permanent resident or citizen route.  I planned on driving my SUV down with my belongings until I decided upon & found where I want to be; then most likely, driving to the US &
& selling it.  My Vt driver's License is good for 2 yrs & the inspection I'll get in Nov. good for 1 yr.
That plan just left a few odds & ends to take care of prior to leaving, most notably $ & banking.  I thought I'd had this solved by adding a Schwab acct. into which I can have certain funds & SS electronically deposited & just use ATM's in Mx with a Schwab card, at least untilI find something more suitable.

I spoke with Schwab yesterday & discovered that G-d does laugh at man's plans (No offense to women).
I was told that I must have a US address listed as one of my addresses (PO boxes won't do) & not having one would make me an 'international' investor.  This in turn would change the type of investment accts. I could have & the investments I could make.
I'm also concerned that it'd open me up for state taxes which I was hoping to rid myself especially since I'll no longer live there.  So I've got a follow up meeting with Schwab & have got to call the accountant.

Any suggestions from those of you who have been battle-tested & have gone through this without a US residence listing.

Another question, any advice on finding a mail service that works and copies & emails you the letters, bills & whatever?

Thanks,
Dukie

Okay, the answer is . You need to have an address in a tax free state. Nv,Texas,Oregon etc. Get a mailing address there.Don't go to the post office. There are businesses that provide you an address where your mail will arrive. Now as far as forwarding mail you will need to speak to the folks that run the business where your address will be to see if they offer that service. I seen one mentioned somewhere. If I can find it again I'll send it to you.

Thank you.  Do need to obtain a TX registration & driver's lic.?  Also, Do you know if the financial institutions accept the addresses given by these 'storefront' mailbox services?

what you need to do is go to a border town and tell them you need an address that is not a PO box. they will give you the address. You do not need a Tx license. Your passport will do fine.

OK.  I guess I'll do it in eastern Tx. where Im crossing the border. 

Thank you