NEW WAR IN LEBANON ?

hEllo falks,

I am planning to move to Lebanon. I got really great job opportunities there, but as I can read on internet, there is a big chance for new war in Lebanon, first of all because of possibility of civil war in Syria which could influence on new civil war in Lebanon. Anyone has a real information about it? Because I would really want to move there. I consider Lebanon as beautiful country with huge cultural and biodiversity, but also..I would not like to live in war (which I consider as normal..hmm:)

Please let me know all info that you have!!
Thank you in advance!

Hi mayai!

I hope other members will be able to tell you more about it soon ;)

Regards
Armand

I live in Lebanon, I have been here for almost a year. I love it. Unfortunately no one can answer your question though. Lebanon is so beautiful but is definitely unstable. There could be a war at anytime due to the corruption of politics. I pray there isnt but again, no one knows.

thank you for answering..

hello mayaI ,
i wanted to answer but kimberly said the same thing i wanted tosay.beautiful country but unstable,,,
i lived here all my life,if u wana take a risk i think the rewarda can be bigger if u come
no risks..no rewards :)
it's all upto you

Hi Mayai,
First u must know that anywhere to live is a risk in one category or another...lebanon (middle east) has always had little outbreaks.
I lived in lebanon 10years ago with my family for a few years and it had its tiny ups and downs but i would say the possibilities are always less than what the media portrays...

Take a leap of faith and take on the opportunities you have, you never know untill your there....it is surely a second paris...the people are nice, foods amazing, easy access to places, night life is off the roof!lol...

I hope you make a decision that makes you comfortable...and wish you all the best!!

Dear Mayai

I am from Germany and I live here 2 years I own a business here and I am not afraid of any war. Lebanon is great place people are very, very ,very nice does not mather if they are christians or moslems I just think that the poor Lebanese people are just victoms of the Syrian rgime

I am worried about the safety as well. May be moving to Lebanon in a few years, and not sure what to expect. I hear so many things all the time.... But otherwise a beautiful country

amazing country i hope peace for lebanon forever in order not to destroy the beauty for the nature plus i guess citizens are done from the old civil war already :)

Mayai,
I have to agree mostly with MRC,there are actually risks wherever you go in the world especially here in the middle east.To be honest with you,I doubt there will be a civil war in Lebanon.The government in Lebanon may not be done with sectarianism but the people are.Lebanon is built by the people for the people and the government is too busy stealing from the people.There could be something that could break out between Israel and Hezbollah but that would be more concentrated to a particular area and not throughout Lebanon.Furthermore,I think Hezbollah now are more keen on building themselves as more of a political power than starting another war with Israel and to a certain extent that would bring more stability to Lebanon.This country is built mostly off of private investments so that tells you that the people are now in control of the country so no matter the rhetoric from the government,the people of Lebanon have the upper hand and have the say in most matters.

Hezbollah does not start wars with Israel, they defend Lebanese and Palestinians against Israel. They protect the innocent and defend their country and all people, Muslims and Christians alike.

Hi Everyone,
I am looking for some honest advice if anyone can help i would be very grateful - my fiance has been offered a good job in Lebanon but i am quite concerned about outbreaks of violence? Also what is everyday life there like for a female - i am afraid of sticking out like a sore thumb i am very petite with red hair - are british well accepted ? If anyone can give me an idea of life in Lebanon i would be so grateful -Debbie xx

Dinkydebz,You have nothing to worry about,Lebanon is a very safe place.I could walk on the streets of Beirut alone at 4am,but in the US i couldn't do that on the streets of NYC without getting robbed or mugged.Lebanon has risks and rewards just like any other country but the rewards outweigh the risks by a ton.There are many  expats here so dont worry about sticking out..I'm 6 foot 2 and i dont stick out so u definitely wont:-)
Also,there are many women here so I havent heard of women being mistreated(You would be surprised that once you come here,it is alot safer than where u live now).

Hi Robc1,

Thank you so much for your reply - i can't wait to visit for myself.
Nothing is decided yet but any honest answers are definitely helping

Thank you so much - i appreciate all advice

;-)

for now there isnt anything bad going on..and probably there wouldnt be any surprises..things here dnt just go boom

Lebanon is the greatest country ever. this is all what i would say :)