What town is best for living in Romenia?

Hi all,

I would like to move to Romenia. I like to live in differend countries and places.
Romenia has lots of BBQed food and the cost of living is good compaired to orther countries in the Europian main land.

I have a online job, so I do not need to have a local job. Its hard to deside what city is the best for me. I need a good internet connection, so I think the big and medium cities are the best for me. I also love the sea. So i was maybe thinking of Constanta. But sea is not a must.

Normally I do not live in the biggest cities because there more expensive overall. I like to try and find a inbetween city. Lots of places for fun en (street) dining. Some bars and places to relax etc. My income is not very high (by dutch standards). So expensive parts of town / country are not for me.

What is the best city for me?
Please help me with this.

Thanx you :)

Hi Vargas hope you are doing great.First of all it's Romania.

I'm living in Bucharest Romania you are correct Bucharest is expensive (big cities etc.)

I would recommend you some cities which are great to live and are not expensive.

1-Timisoara
2-Sibiu
3-Cluj
4-Brasov

In above cities food is also inexpensive than Bucharest and internet  is good too.

Hope this might help you if you need any assistance don't hesitate.

Regards
Deep Singh

Cluj is a big university town.
Brasov is a big tourist town.
I've been to the other 2 mentioned, but don't have an opinion.
I prefer smaller cities, but the night life is minimal here.
Of the 4 mentioned I would put them in my choice order of: Cluj, Sibiu, Timisoara, Brasov

I'd have to go with Sibiu for no reason I can think of.  Actually, outside of Sibiu somewhere.  Close enough to have the benefits of a city, but without having to deal with city life.  My wife would say Brașov, but that's probably just because of cousins there.
Truth be told, I think I'd like living much further north.  I loved Sighișoara and the Mara Mureș area when I vacationed up there. Or even Baia Mare...but there's nothing up there but nice people.  Who made me dress up, hence the profile pic.  :p

Our family lives in Brasov we love it here, it's not as much of a tourist destination as some would make it out to be. The winter months the surrounding areas are filled with tourists (Predeal, Sinia, Poiana) due to the fine skiing and snowboarding but in Brasov it's mostly family oriented lots of parks and shopping
The night life is predominantly in the area of “old town”  internet is everywhere and very inexpensive restaurants and rents are pretty reasonable (depending on your wants and needs) we chose to live in a newly built penthouse so we pay more but even in our building smaller apartments are reasonably priced and come fully furnished with new amenities (we are the very first to live in our place)
We have done a lot of traveling within Romania Sibiu seems to be a smaller version of Brasov Cluj is a city made up of mostly young professionals and students another place you may want to look into is Deva large enough to have something to do small enough to relax and get away from the grind good luck !!

If you looking for a medium city I think the best option for you is Timisoara. In Timisoara you can found everything you need. Airport, big shopping mall, food street, bar and a lot of place were you can have fun. In 2020 Timisoara is gonna be the capital of culture.. the life is less expensive than Bucuresti. You can rent an apartment for 200/250 euros per month.

Thank you for all the imput guys. Its really helpfull! :)

@Vargas2018 timisoara nice city