Jobs for Foreign Doctors in Ho Chi Minh City

Hi Every One,

I am planning to move to HCMC and have an offer in my hand.

My wife is a doctor and Holds MBBS degree from China and MD (Pharmacology) from India. She has worked in hospitals for close to 3 years  and is currently working in Pharmaco-vigilance (for about an year now).

I want to know if you guys can help me by telling what are the job opportunities for an Indian doctor in HCMC. Whether in pharmaceutical MNCs or hospitals both will work.

Also, if she want to work in hospital - what will be the licensing/registration process. is there any exam for that?

Awaiting in anticipation! Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Would be really helpful if you can provide any information.

Regards.

I think the problem may be that this is "beyond the pay grade" of everyone here.  A few who comment here may be attorneys, some locally and some in their home countries,  but I don't recall anyone claiming to be a doctor.   I don't think people are stonewalling you, they just don't know.

As THIGV said.

The only foreign doctors I know personally is my niece's SO.  An orthopedic surgeon in Germany, he retired early, followed her to Vietnam 10 years ago.  He opened his own practice in Saigon a couple of years later.  Since then, he has been working 3.5 days a week and spending the other 3.5 days in Vung Tau.

Maverick0910 wrote:

Hi Every One,

I am planning to move to HCMC and have an offer in my hand.

My wife is a doctor and Holds MBBS degree from China and MD (Pharmacology) from India. She has worked in hospitals for close to 3 years  and is currently working in Pharmaco-vigilance (for about an year now).

I want to know if you guys can help me by telling what are the job opportunities for an Indian doctor in HCMC. Whether in pharmaceutical MNCs or hospitals both will work.

Also, if she want to work in hospital - what will be the licensing/registration process. is there any exam for that?

Awaiting in anticipation! Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

I'm not a doctor either.

You don't say if your wife speaks and writes the Vietnamese language...?

That would seem to be either her biggest obstacle or her greatest advantage, depending on her abilities.

I'll assume she doesn't.

My gut tells me she needs a professional headhunter who specializes in professional positions for health care providers.

She shouldn't have to pay for those services, but she may need help in locating the best agency.

A local lawyer with a good reputation can likely contact major health care employers and find out which agencies with whom they prefer dealing.

You'd likely need to pay a reasonable retainer fee for such help from an otherwise disinterested 3rd party.

Consider sending a private message inquiry to this member of the forum (who happens to be my attorney on retainer in Vietnam):

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … mp;lang=en

Another option that comes to mind is for YOUR WIFE to directly contact a healthcare provider that specializes in providing care to English-speaking foreigners.

They might be willing to consult WITH HER (not you) as a professional courtesy.

One such business which comes to mind is "Family Medical Practice", with offices in HCMC, Danang and Hanoi:

https://www.vietnammedicalpractice.com/ … ct-us.html

This also might be an instance where it would be helpful for her to be active on a site such as 'LinkedIn'.

It seems the best you've been able to do for your wife has been to post on this anonymous, unregulated and non-professional forum, and then to post again when you've not received any replies.

It's probably time to pay someone for professional assistance.

There are dozens of kinds of jobs for doctors, and I am sure your wife is aware of them. It is a profession that puts up barriers to entry in every country. When you arrive, she can go around and research and interview. Without fluent Vietnamese and connections, I doubt any vacancies will be found in Vietnamese government clinics, hospitals, universities, pharmacies, drug mfrs. But there are international clinics, hospitals, universities (teach/research), drug mfrs, medical equipment mfrs, resorts, NGOs, outsourcing, as she must be aware, as in every country. Jobs that don't interact with patients won't need Vietnamese language and maybe no licensing. She can start to network in China and India now for businesses that have offices here.

@OP (Maverick0910): It slipped my mind that Gobot's wife is a physician.  You should go to Gobot for information, as I'm sure he'd know more than all of us combined.

@Gobot: See how good I am at volunteering other people?

@THIGV

Much appreciate the warmth of the group. Thanks a lot!

@OceanBeach92107

Thanks a lot for all the directions. I will pursue this opportunity as well. Yes, you guessed it right she does not speak Vietnamese.

Much appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot!

@Ciambella

Thanks, We will explore in this direction as well.

Thanks a ton!

Ciambella wrote:

@OP (Maverick0910): It slipped my mind that Gobot's wife is a physician.  You should go to Gobot for information, as I'm sure he'd know more than all of us combined.

@Gobot: See how good I am at volunteering other people?

Will get in touch with Gobot. Thanks a lot for taking out time to suggest a contact. It helps a lot.

Regards.