Going Rate for live in Caretaker

I have a property in Belize on the hummingbird Highway I supply a one bedroom semi furnished Cement house with appliances and pay the Electricity and the butane. I was wondering what a fair rate per week for cutting the grass etc. would be. Any input appreciated
Mike

I can't really give you specifics for your situation, and I assume you mean by "caretaker", that  you are referring to property, and not an individual caring for a person.
A pretty good salary for that position would probably be around $(BZ)35-40/day. It would depend on the specifics, but that is about what I pay my caretaker, also on Hummingbird.

HI Mike,
I am Ralph Porter. Did you get your caretaker issues resolved? My wife and I are currently in the US, but are considering Moving back to Belize. We lived there in 2015 for abt 9 months, but had to return to the States to resolve some issues.  We have found the necessary solutions. If you are looking for a caretaker, please reply to ralphp652@yahoo.com with information. I have done building and grounds maintenance. WE will be looking for a place to live while we look for a home to purchase (at least 6 months). 

Thanks,
Ralph Porter

Ralph you cannot take any paid employment ( even in payment in kind as per free accomodation) as an expat in Belize without a legal residency permit or a work permit, unlikely to be given for such a position. I do not think Mike was  actively looking for a caretaker ,more finding out the rate of pay for a Belize caretaker.

@Hood63 I am looking for a job exactly like this with housing for free. I don't think you have to pay anything really and if you want landscaping and everything taken care of or in the house taken care of I'm really looking to do that. I am 57 years old I live in nebraska, but I really wanted to move to believe I'm very kind and honest person so you or anybody else knows of any positions just like this even if you maybe have people that rent it out and you want somebody there to cook breakfast or wash the linens or anything like that that's what I'm really looking forward to do do ****

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sorry I have had a guy for couple years now and he is working out fine

Mike

Closed