Menu
Expat.com

Open restaurant

Last activity 10 June 2019 by Fred

Nashrty

I plan to open restaurant in Jakarta , I need help from experienced people in this field , I want to know from where can I buy tools and I am also looking for restaurant manager and staff so if anyone can help please message me.

Regards

Fred

I see you're an expat in Indonesia so the first thing you MUST do is make sure you cover the legal issues for expats regarding work permits, opening a PT PMA, and visas. The dangers of not doing so are extreme as other local businesses are more than likely to report you to immigration if they perceive you as taking their trade. That means deportation and a 100% loss on your investment.

IF it's in an Indonesian family member's name, maybe you're married to an Indonesian, AND you aren't going to work openly in the restaurant, those worries disappear.

Assuming all is well there, just google "restaurant equipment jakarta" and you'll get a wide choice to look through.
Just had a look for you, and there's a wide selection.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Jakarta

•  Working in Jakarta
    Working in Jakarta

As Indonesia's major financial and commercial hub, the capital city has a wealth of ...

• The work culture in Jakarta
    The work culture in Jakarta

As an expat, adapting to a new working environment in a new city can be challenging. In Jakarta, there are some ...

• Jakarta's labour market
    Jakarta's labour market

Jakarta, home to more than 9 million people, is a bustling city full of opportunities. As Indonesia's ...

• Working in Indonesia
    Working in Indonesia

As one of the major regional economic powerhouses in Southeast Asia, Indonesia attracts foreign ...

• Starting a business in Indonesia
    Starting a business in Indonesia

Thanks to the country's large population, affordable labor force, and abundant natural resources, ...

• Internships in Indonesia
    Internships in Indonesia

Do you wish to acquire hands-on experience, gain new professional skills and expand your international ...

• Working in Indonesia as a digital nomad
    Working in Indonesia as a digital nomad

Indonesia straddles the equator, between the Indian and Pacific Oceans, and has an immense diversity with ...

• Buying property in Jakarta
    Buying property in Jakarta

When planning a move abroad, housing is a priority issue. If you expect to be away for a very long time, ...

All of Jakarta's guide articles