Menu
Expat.com

Re-registering my English car

Last activity 02 September 2019 by caromay

caromay

Hi, has anyone got any advice about re-registering my car, please? I’m concerned about how to alter the headlights. We’ve been using stickers, successfully, as far as we’re aware, for three and a half years, since we’ve been traveling in Europe. Will this suffice? We have a Mazda 5 and I don’t know how I’d get new LHD lights, or even if they exist. Any advice welcome. Thanks, Caroline

dimwolf

Hi Caroline, I had no problem re-registering my Suzuki Grand Vitara from the UK  with headlight stickers, but this was 2 years ago and, I guess, may differ from place to place. Since then I replaced them with European headligts and now I can see much better at night! All sort of car parts can be bought in Internet here.

Dmitrt.

caromay

Hi Dmirt, thank you for your help. We’re in the process of buying new headlights  - searched for 2nd hand but our car seems very rare, here - and the garage man said that it’s only in Vratsa (where we are) that they are strict about proper lights. He said in other areas of Bulgaria it’s possible to get away with the stickers.

keitht

Hi
I recently re-registered my English Honda CRV in Vidin
It was more complicated than I thought it would be and certainly more expensive
I was able to get a local parts dealer to order new LHD headlights and they fitted them as well
I had the stickers but they weren’t acceptable
Good luck with it

dimwolf

I have ordered mine fron autodoc.bg, couldn"t find second hand ones either... * I am not affiliated with this company smile.png

caromay

Yeah, we were taken by surprise that it’s going to cost a whopping лв 720 for the headlights. All in all, an expensive undertaking, when you add in the cost of re-registration.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

• Driving in Bulgaria
    Driving in Bulgaria

Looking forward to drive during your stay in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Giving Birth In Bulgaria
    Giving Birth In Bulgaria

If you find yourself pregnant in Bulgaria, you may be wondering if you will have to head home to have your baby. ...

• Education in Bulgaria
    Education in Bulgaria

Educational Structures and Background:

• Leisure in Bulgaria
    Leisure in Bulgaria

Wondering how to keep yourself busy after work and during week-ends? Here is an overview of leisure activities ...

• Opening a bank account in Bulgaria
    Opening a bank account in Bulgaria

Do you wish to open a bank account in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet
    Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet

Would you like your pet to accompany you during your trip to Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Accommodation in Plovdiv
    Accommodation in Plovdiv

Plovdiv is a very popular city with expatriates, more particularly with students. Find out how to find ...

• Living in Bulgaria
    Living in Bulgaria

After living in Bulgaria for several years, I look back on the decision to move abroad. At first there was a ...

All of Bulgaria's guide articles