Menu
Expat.com

Coming to kuwait!!!

Last activity 09 July 2011 by Bareta

Zizo87

I'll be arriving in kuwait at the end of the week and I am very excited and worried at the same time. I have been reading that q8 is very boring with very little to do, but as I will be working most of the time this fact does not bother me much. however, I am worried that my wife will struggle to adapt to life in q8, especially as we are newly weds and never lived away from our parents (typical arab up bringing). I would like to know if these ladies meet up actually happen or it is wishful thinking. also I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me where I can play football (soccer)  in kuwait

bhaas

Hi Zizo,

Welcome to Q8! You should keep an eye on this forum for activities as well as on Facebook. You will find that there are many alike yourself, and with an open mind you will eventually have a good social life. There are many places to play football, depending on where you will live. Often, you'll find a colleague or two whom you work with play football, and you can join them!

Just don't sit at home and wait!

Good luck!

ace117

there is a british Ladies society,they have morning coffees and breakfast,attending these might open wider social circles from your origin.

Zizo87

thanks for your help guys. I just arrived in kuwait today and lets just say I was surprised, despite not having any expectations. I hope that I work with interesting people, otherwise my stay in kuwait is going to be boring.

ace117

yeah,you will find some interesting people.if you can join Kuwait expat group on facebook.they arrange various gatherings.like a picnic,or go for bowling and like these kind of.

lilymbula

Wow!!!!!!

Dont worry keep an open mind and you will enjoy Kuwait

Zizo87

wow?

thanks guys for your helpful suggestions, especially ace117 for all your help in all my posts.

After a few days here I have decided mangaf is not the place for me. I decided that I will try and find an apartment in salmiya, in block 3. I was told that most of what I want to do will be available in salmiya from football to MMA or atleast wrestling. Does anyone have a clue about the cost of one or 2 bedroom apartments in that area not furnished as I would like to by my own furniture

lilymbula

Salmiya is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zizo87

Do you live there?

ace117

you will find many unfurnished apartments,its good to have unfurnished as it is an advantage for both the owner and the tenant.finding an apartment online doesn't seems reliable,it will be better if checked the available apartments in that area.if i find any i will let you know.by the way which area are you staying in temporarily.

ace117

i found some
http://asasrealestatekw.com/search.php? … 0Specified

Zizo87
ace117 wrote:

you will find many unfurnished apartments,its good to have unfurnished as it is an advantage for both the owner and the tenant.finding an apartment online doesn't seems reliable,it will be better if checked the available apartments in that area.if i find any i will let you know.by the way which area are you staying in temporarily.

I am currently in mangaf and I was advised to find accommodation in salmiya, in block 3, as it has a large population of arab expats. I visited salmiya yesterday and I really liked it, it is much better than mangaf.

ace117

definitely you will like it,its way much better than other areas, at the same time some areas are expensive compared to the other areas in Kuwait.
i found some more on-line ,on your next trip to salmiya check this one out.
sublet.com/spider/supplydetails.asp-supplyid=1026094

Bareta

Hey guys. I'm thinking of moving to Kuwait for business with my wife.  I have never travelled there just read up on the culture and all that. Did you guys find it hard to adapt? How's the social life there? I hear there are slot of foreigners there.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Kuwait

• Leisure activities in Kuwait
    Leisure activities in Kuwait

People might assume there isn't much to do in Kuwait as the country is so small, but that would be wrong! The ...

• Banking and finances in Kuwait
    Banking and finances in Kuwait

Soon after arriving in Kuwait, you will likely want to open a Kuwaiti bank account. Opening a bank account can be ...

• How to drive in Kuwait
    How to drive in Kuwait

If you are planning to move to Kuwait, obtaining a driver's license should be at the top of your to-do list! While ...

• Find the best location to live in Kuwait
    Find the best location to live in Kuwait

It is important for us to live in a community that we feel comfortable and secured. I wrote this article for ...

• Phones and internet in Kuwait
    Phones and internet in Kuwait

Staying in touch with friends and family both inside and outside of Kuwait couldn't be easier with today's ...

• Accommodation in Kuwait
    Accommodation in Kuwait

One of the first things you will need to take care of when moving to Kuwait is your accommodation. If you're ...

• The tax system in Kuwait
    The tax system in Kuwait

One of the most attractive features of working in Kuwait for expats is its tax-free personal income environment. ...

• Finding jobs in Kuwait
    Finding jobs in Kuwait

I would like to give you some tips on how to market your skills to stand out from the crowd. I've ...

All of Kuwait's guide articles