Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Tanzania forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Last activity 04 January 2021 by zephania omahe

Julien

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tanzania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tanzania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

gaddydahnum

Hello
I am an IT expert in from Tanzania, and I own an IT firm called Hookit Company Limited which deals with provision of IT solution, digital marketing services and multimedia services.

Guest657863

Hello fellows!
I'm Joseph Mshana. I'm currently a 3rd yr student at Mzumbe university in Morogoro, pursuing bachelor of science in industrial engineering management.
I'm a creative poet, song composer and writer as well as a facilitator and visionary leader. I'm also the Founder & Director of  Jemicit (company) and JEM's Speakers Club.

Alireza dehghan

Mambo (Hello)
I am an Engineer Iranian man
I have been Tanzania about one year ago ( Dar es Salaam, Arusha , Zanzibar) for site visit for surveying business at Tanzania,
Now  I have some Goods ( Jams, Syrups and Sauces ) that are one of the best material in Middle East,
I want investor ,
Regards

George Tanzania

Hi everybody. I'm George living in Dar es salaam. See you soon.

Prabu Ramadoss

Hello Everybody..

This is Prabu from India and working in Tanzania.. Working for a Tour Company who organise Kilimanajro Climbing..

Happy to be here..

Cheers..

Shehzada Shamshar

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am working with Jilanjo Limited in Tanzania as a Technical, Service and Parts Manager, Since 2011, I Manage more than of 50 employees in the Technical Department.

This letter is to introduce myself, to let you know my interest in becoming a part of any company.

The enclosed resume will furnish you with information concerning my overall employment background, training, education and skills. My work abilities are backed up with experiences and knowledge. I assure you that I can successfully fulfill any obligations requiring of any responsibility upon your company.

In my previous job experiences, I have performed my assignments with a high degree of skill and professionalism. My current objective is to obtain a position that will fully utilize my skills and offer an opportunity for continued professional growth.

I believe in excellence and have always dedicated myself, my talents and my creative abilities to assure the successful accomplishment of any company goals. My positive attitude and willingness to give 100% makes me a valuable asset to any organization that would employ me. I am confident that my skills will be an asset and have a favorable impact in your organization.

Sincerely,
Shehzada S. Ali.

Geckomoon

Hi All,

My husband and I are from East London, South Africa. Both working full time and approaching semi-retirement (thoughts pre-COVID).

We had a recce trip planned to Zanzibar for September this year, but under current circumstances this will not be a happening thing, thus in the interim I would really appreciate some feedback from expats currently living in Zanzibar please.  When on holiday we are extremely laid-back and happy with basic accommodation as long as it is; safe, clean, close to the beach and within walking distance to market or local supermarket. However, staying for longer periods at a time, requirements might be different and own transport (scooter?) part of the plan. 
What area in Zanzibar is most recommend for expats? Some insight on cost of living? Rental will be for a one bed one bathroom cottage (as close to the beach as possible), cost of internet, wine, we do love a glass of wine with dinner.  We have been to Pemba and Ibo Island, thus I am aware of the extreme climate, however our stay was for a few days only, how doable is the climate for expiates? Is an aircon a must? (We have been to Thailand on an extended stay, and coped with intense heat and humidity there). We are not hugely social, so a quieter area is preferable, however not so remote as to void the option to go for a quick meal/drink at local pub or restaurant. Are there quality health facilities available on the island? Any feedback and recommendations are welcome.

Thank you for your time.
Stay Safe.

Kind regards,
Geckomoon

Iri27

Hi,

My name is Irina. I am a Russian translator and plan to relocate to Tanzania in September. I want to stay a week in Zanzibar and then go to Dar-Es-Salaam by ferry. Looking for English and Russian speaking friends in Dar smile.png

If you want to friend me on facebook, please also send me a message saying you are from the forum.
Looking forward to meeting you, guys!

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post personal information about you on the forum for safety reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
RastaUhuru

Hi all, missed the introductory  post when first joined:
I Hail from Boston l, originally from St. Kitts  West Indies. Panning  on moving to Tanzania by end of year doing some research on how this will affect my asthma. No feedback so far.. was also wondering after visa stay is up how long to you have to leave before you can return..

Fadhilimohamedi

Injoy friend

Guest657863

Hi RastaUhuru,

Did you get a reply yet? Officially you get 3 months per year in Tanzania on a tourist visa. So if you've had your 3 months already you would have to wait till the next year before getting another. But sometimes they're lenient at the border and will let you back in again on another 3 month tourist visa.

As for your asthma; it's true that asthma is prevalent in Northern Tanzania where the fine volcanic dust in the air tends to worsen asthma. But if you have your inhaler with you, or other medication, you should be fine. (asthma medication is easily available in chemists here too) There are many people here with asthma that get along just fine. If you are enjoying Tanzania and feeling happy and relaxed your asthma might even improve or disappear! : )

Best wishes.

Davido jo56

Hi

I am looking to relocate to Tanzania and would like know of any accommodation that I may look to rent. And/or stay in a air bnb.

I also may need a host to help me adjust to new surroundings.  Also can you tell me how the visas goes.  Can you stay more than 3 Months or do you need to re-enter every 3 month's.

Also do they still give out multiple entry visa's. Thank you

Davido jo56

But can you extend your 3 months visa whilst there.

Maya Glanz

Hello Dar es Salam expat community,
I am Maya from Spain,  Reiki Master therapist living in Dar es Salam.

temeke3

Okay, thanks, how nice to meet with you, also me, i live at dar es salaam city, Tanzania, you are welcome

jubeljane

Hi, Davido, once I get my own house, you could possibly take over my airbnb. Planned for December or January. PM me if you like.

jubeljane

Umm yeah, hi, I'm Crisi from Berlin, Germany. Working and living in Masaki for DKT International. Was planned for 3 months only but I love it here, I won't leave.
Might be looking for a new house in a few weeks, mine is cool but tiny.

temeke3

Okay thanks for your nice message, contact with me to my whatsaap number *** for to know each other, also i live at dar es salaam city, Tanzania

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details only through private messaging. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Tanja69

Hi there, we currently live in Perth, but are originally from P.E. in South Africa. We emigrated 10 years ago and although life is great and we are happy here, we do miss Africa and are for various reasons considering potentially moving back there. While we absolutely would LOVE to live somewhere on the Garden Route, it does not look as if things in S.A. have improved at all since we left and that the reasons for us leaving there in the first place sadly still remain, which is why we are wondering if Tanzania might be a great alternative. We love living by the sea but also love the African wildlife - going on safaris are still one of our favourite things to do when visiting South Africa and obviously Tanzania has both in abundance.

If there were no travel restrictions in place (and by the looks of it they will still remain for a long time), we could just hop on a plane and have a look at Tanzania ourselves, but that's unfortunately not possible. That's why I am here now, hoping to get some idea of what life is like in Tanzania - in general and compared to South Africa, and just have all the many many questions answered that come when one thinks of moving to another country.... e.g. best areas to live if you want to live in a quiet area as close to the beach as possible, safety aspects to consider - is it much safer than South Africa, can you go to the beach on your own without stressing, Climate? Health Care? How easy is it to get visas to move there? And so on and so forth.....

Thanks.    smile.png

Amosmartin

Welcome

Amosmartin

Hello there,.am Amos from Dar es salaam.Looking to make new friends..I speak English & Swahili....😊

zephania omahe

Ok

Julien

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916095

Thanks!

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Tanzania

All of Tanzania's guide articles