Menu
Expat.com

Family visit visa issue due to coronavirus

Last activity 06 October 2020 by QueenG

Riaan Megh

Hello,

My visit visa expires on 28th of March and I have booked my ticket to India on 25th of Mar. Today morning, it was updated by Saudi government that multiple countries have been banned from and to travel Saudi Arabia and the flights are halted starting from today. Please help me whether I need to book a ticket immediately and to travel by today or to wait for further notice.

azifnajeeb

Hi brother,
I also have same issue with my wife and son visa. It will expire on March 31 and I have booked tickets on March 20. Today my friend also had a same issue in which his wife visit visa expiry is today. He visited jawazat and spoke to them. They have given a form. He filled the same with help of the agents there. Attached his iqama copy, his wife passport and Visa page copy along with passport size photos. After 2 hours they asked to come again. He got the same renewed after paying 100 SR fees.

Riaan Megh

Hi Brother,

Thank you so much for the update.

Just wanted to know whether he got the visa renewal for 1year multiple entries or for 6months single entry?

azifnajeeb

His Visa was for single entry 6 months. They have renewed it for 30 days only.

azifnajeeb

I suggest you to visit Jawazat office on Sunday itself. Don't delay further.

Munawar Khaleel

azifnajeeb, can we visit jawazat for extension before 7days to expiry or during 7days period to expire? My family is on multiple visit and will be expiring by march25 (180days)

azifnajeeb

Hi Munawer,
You can visit Jawazat even before 7 days from the expiry of visit visa. You should visit with your iqama, passport size photos of your dependents who require extension along with copies of their passports with the visa pages. They will give you a form to fill. It should be filled in arabic along with the documents mentioned above. U can seek assistance of agents sitting there by paying 10-25 SR for filling the same. Also u need to pay SR.100/passport via sadad channels to get it extended. Once u submit the form & payment, they will give u time after few hours or next day to go and collect the documents. Probably the same day or the next day. After the same these extended details will be reflecting in your Absher.

( Procedure explained as per followed by my colleague to extend his wife's visit visa beyond 180 days via Dammam jawazat)

azifnajeeb

Before all please make sure the there is no flights service from KSA to your home country. Else Jawazat reserves the right to not accept your request for extension.

Munawar Khaleel

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Riaan Megh

Hello,

My wife and son's visit visa got expired in the month of March after 6 months of duration and then it got extended due to covid. And when I am trying to extend again now through online, it ended with an error stating that the visa cannot be extended further. Did anyone of you facing such issues. Do I need to contact Indian embassy for flight schedule to return my family or will it get extend? Please help me with your replies if anyone came across such situations.

Munawar Khaleel

Hi friends,
My family visa has been renewed after 270 days, means currently total allowed stay is 360 days.. my visa duration also will be expiring by that time.

Below are the steps I followed and send message in absher and they renewed. Not visited jawazat

Pay insurance and visa renewal fee,
Try to renew from absher, if any error occurring do below from absher website (not from app)

From Absher website
General services
Massage and doucments
General Dectorte of passport
Muskilat Tasheera (in Arabic)
Subject visit visa extension problem
Detail : mention the issues and attach the screen shot of error, mention number of members to be renewed, mention insurance and visa payment has been done.

It got renewed in a day,
Suggest to do the request during weekdays and early morning.
I have a contact of agent if requested any assistance.
Will post his number separately if anyone requires.

Munawar Khaleel

Sabir ***

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security
QueenG

Thank you so much for this update....I am in a similar situation..........can you plz inbox me the agent details, in case it is not done online

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles