COVID-19 and expatriation in Hungary

That's a shame about ,"Cynic's" daughter packing up and moving .
I'm sure they will be missed.
It will be strange for them to return home, things change.
I wonder how many people will decide to "go home" because of the lockdowns in a strange country?
I know in the old days no one was going anywhere outside the country limits unless they had permission to visit elsewhere.
When my husband's 4 relations visited us over 3 different visits in the old commie days ,they had to show they would not stay in the west.
Had to leave something important behind, like family.
My husband traveled alot but only inside the iron curtain.
Knew a few dudes in Ca. who did leave their families behind and started a new life in the US but guess they were not feeling it back home and probably were going to divorce anyways.
My BIL traveled all the time all over Europe in those days as a big rig truck driver. He had a home and family in Hungary and I guess he was cleared to leave without fear he wouldn't return.
Even knew a couple of guys in S.Ca that asked to return to Hungary after a couple years of living in the west. Wasn't for them.
I suppose we could of registered for a vax here but I'm not interested in the Sputnik shot.
Not sure  which jab will be good for international travel but once I know then I'll keep it in mind for when it's needed.

My family in the US has basically all had their vax shots and so far are fine and going about life .
I keep getting asked by them if we have gotten a jab yet. Hard to make them understand I don't want a shot that isn't good for anything like traveling.
Why put posion in your arm for nada?
Read 1.5 million doses of Pfizer is being sent to Hungary.
I doubt that will be available anytime soon with Taj. more like a private clinic?

I guess it woould be interesting to know why your daughter and given up on Hungary.
Of course it might be for private reasons.
My sister lived in the UK and had a decent job at a tv station in Londlon but came back to the US becuase of the weather and the price for tomatoes.
At least that was her reasning at the time. Now she lives in Minn. so the weather thing wasn't an issue after all.
Our son quit his decent job 2 years ago and just chucked everything and moved to Japan. He likes it over there very much.
He is too young to retire but open to change.
The health care in Japan seems good. He pays a tiny bit when he ever sees the dentist, like $10. a visit.
His wife is a citizen s he is covered in their national health.
One has to feel comfortable where they live with health care.
My sister just got some skin cream for her hands in the US. 2 tubes at $200. with old age health coverage! Without that it would of been $200. for each tube. Must be some magic skin cream!
The Taj dentist will see me next week, not so crazy after all. We just called at the wrong times.
The scary thing about living in a ,"strange" country is one never knows if and when they may have a slip and fall or trip and fall and find themselves in a situation they never dreamed would happen.
It isn't so scary here in the hospitals, been in them 2 times here myself.
You can always find somene who speaks English if not then you might be able to hire someone to help out in a pinch.
My friend in the US seemed just fine and was working , felt ill and was dead within a week.Never know what can happen anywhere.
Her husband we thought was ready to go any day but a year on and he fine.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My sister just got some skin cream for her hands in the US. 2 tubes at $200. with old age health coverage! Without that it would of been $200. for each tube. Must be some magic skin cream!
The Taj dentist will see me next week, not so crazy after all. We just called at the wrong times.
The scary thing about living in a ,"strange" country is one never knows if and when they may have a slip and fall or trip and fall and find themselves in a situation they never dreamed would happen.
It isn't so scary here in the hospitals, been in them 2 times here myself.
You can always find somene who speaks English if not then you might be able to hire someone to help out in a pinch.
My friend in the US seemed just fine and was working , felt ill and was dead within a week.Never know what can happen anywhere.
Her husband we thought was ready to go any day but a year on and he fine.

Hungary has a list of approved medicines that can be prescribed on the TAJ card.  I think it's on the Health Fund web site. 

If your medicine is not on there, then you can only have it at full price.   

Makes you wonder what happens to people who do not have the money to pay for this stuff.  Perhaps they just die.

There's an article here about healthcare gaps in the EU if you become unemployed in the pandemic - click here.

A shorter clip with our very own  Prince Charles :(

Prince Charles is now selling his 'eco-fascist fantasy of the Great Reset'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYtv1uYy2M

I am thinking of returning to the UK.  Not because I want to, but because the  lockdowns mean my business project is not currently viable in Hungary.  There is also talk by the World Economic Forum and UN that lockdowns will continue to tackle climate change!  I don't like the sound of that one bit. 

The global 'Reset' that is being undemocratically imposed on all nations by UN and World Economic Forum is also very worrying. If you are not aware of the Great Reset, I would urge you to do some research and visit the website of the World Economic Forum to help inform any decisions. It is not being covered by msm.

All in all, quite difficult to know what to do for the best. 

No 'secret agenda' about The Great Reset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL1HuTYcoC4&t=321s

1966Katya wrote:

I am thinking of returning to the UK.  Not because I want to, but because the  lockdowns mean my business project is not currently viable in Hungary.  There is also talk by the World Economic Forum and UN that lockdowns will continue to tackle climate change! ...

Got a link? I don't believe the lockdown will continue. It'll cripple the world economy and throw many millions out of work.  Governments aren't going to pick the tab for that as no-one else will cough up.  I am more concerned about a low level but globally involved conflict in Asia around the Spratly Islands.   

I think many people will think of leaving and going back to the mothership.  People will be reevaluating the meaning in their lives for sure. Been a very weird period.

1966Katya wrote:

I am thinking of returning to the UK.  Not because I want to, but because the  lockdowns mean my business project is not currently viable in Hungary.  There is also talk by the World Economic Forum and UN that lockdowns will continue to tackle climate change!  I don't like the sound of that one bit.

Do you think the UK is really better? COVID vaccinations aside which admittedly were good at, but the prices of food and more are increasing.

SimCityAT wrote:

....Do you think the UK is really better? COVID vaccinations aside which admittedly were good at, but the prices of food and more are increasing.

I've been thinking of the issues of healthcare here and I was wondering why the UK had done well on the vaccine rollout. 

I'm thinking right now that having the NHS and Army were part of that success.   NHS has well over 1M personnel and the Army are world class experts on delivery/logistics.  And of course the UK is a rich country with financial resources.

I am not entirely sure but I don't think any other country in the EU has that kind of healthcare organisation available for the population. It seems much more fragmented elsewhere with barriers to delivery.  Sure the NHS isn't perfect by any means but when there's a national emergency, they were able to  pull it off.

I expect in the EU countries there to be a lot of healthcare reorganisation and rethinking going on when the pandemic is more under control.

I don't follow the media much but do get bits and pieces of news online.
All I can say, sadly is I'm glad I'm old and don't have to deal with the future for too long.
Not being a pesimist but reality seems to bite right now.
Oh, made a mistake , my sisters skin cream did cost her "only" $200" with medicare, the gov. health care for US seniors. She said without the coverage, it would of been ,$700!!!
What ?
She is allergic to something and her hands hurt and peal, 2 days of the cream and she is 75% better but why do they charge so much?
Yes it is a global reset and we little folks are going to be paying the price for it. Agenda 21, 25 and 30 . Probably won't be around for the agenda 2050 which it the goal date.
This C-19 is a great cover story for whatever is going on behind our backs between the magic hours of the curfews.
Not really overly prepping like many people I know are doing, why bother, who wants to stick around when it becomes a real hunger game, dog eat dog world?
In the mean time life is great, the weather is lovely and we have to live in the now.

fluffy2560 wrote:
1966Katya wrote:

I am thinking of returning to the UK.  Not because I want to, but because the  lockdowns mean my business project is not currently viable in Hungary.  There is also talk by the World Economic Forum and UN that lockdowns will continue to tackle climate change! ...

Got a link? I don't believe the lockdown will continue. It'll cripple the world economy and throw many millions out of work.  Governments aren't going to pick the tab for that as no-one else will cough up.  I am more concerned about a low level but globally involved conflict in Asia around the Spratly Islands.   

I think many people will think of leaving and going back to the mothership.  People will be reevaluating the meaning in their lives for sure. Been a very weird period.

The fact is that the named bodies have no executive power anywhere in the world; in fact, most of the time things of importance just get ignored; hardly the basis of any world-wide coup.  Which is pretty much what happened with their predecessors (The League of Nations).

My daughter is leaving the EU, not because she didn't like it there, but because and put simply, when it mattered (Covid19), they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery and are unaccountable, which has directly threatened her and her family.  National governments should be held responsible for their own conduct and not be able to pass the blame up the line or to non-member states.

Cynic wrote:

My daughter is leaving the EU, not because she didn't like it there, but because and put simply, when it mattered (Covid19), they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery and are unaccountable, which has directly threatened her and her family.  National governments should be held responsible for their own conduct and not be able to pass the blame up the line or to non-member states.

Not just COVID issues.  It's fairly obvious a club with X awkward members looking for consensus isn't going to be as agile as a single member doing its own thing.   

I was reading this morning on the BBC that exports from the UK to the EU have dropped 40%.  Something is very wrong with the system if it's that inflexible.  Needs real reform.  It seems like just vindictiveness by the EU.  So much for free trade.  I noted people are setting up warehouses in Belgium and Netherlands - anywhere but the UK.   One of my relatives is importing stuff from Italy to the UK and is having lots of problems.  Boris and Co are sweeping a lot under the carpet.

I don't get how I can buy car parts in say, the USA, and they are delivered here within a relatively short period - maybe a week to ten days.  Yet others report months for UK to EU stuck in EU Customs.   Transport costs are high from the USA but the parts are unavailable here.   The real killer are the the taxes and import duties.  They are insanely high.  They should be working to remove these barriers, not increase them.

Just to let the readers know, just got a call from my GP for an appointment of the first jab (Sputnik), I am below 60 but cholesterol challenges (on me asking the wife was included as well).
Admittedly I have a TAJ card (and so does my wife)

Lets see if we will actually get the jab and it is not a 1 April joke, but I feel comfortable.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Not just COVID issues.  It's fairly obvious a club with X awkward members looking for consensus isn't going to be as agile as a single member doing its own thing.   

I was reading this morning on the BBC that exports from the UK to the EU have dropped 40%.  Something is very wrong with the system if it's that inflexible.  Needs real reform.  It seems like just vindictiveness by the EU.  So much for free trade.  I noted people are setting up warehouses in Belgium and Netherlands - anywhere but the UK.   One of my relatives is importing stuff from Italy to the UK and is having lots of problems.  Boris and Co are sweeping a lot under the carpet.

I don't get how I can buy car parts in say, the USA, and they are delivered here within a relatively short period - maybe a week to ten days.  Yet others report months for UK to EU stuck in EU Customs.   Transport costs are high from the USA but the parts are unavailable here.   The real killer are the the taxes and import duties.  They are insanely high.  They should be working to remove these barriers, not increase them.

Thats Brexit for you.

cdw057 wrote:

Just to let the readers know, just got a call from my GP for an appointment of the first jab (Sputnik), I am below 60 but cholesterol challenges (on me asking the wife was included as well).

Lets see if we will actually get the jab and it is not a 1 April joke, but I feel comfortable.

You are the first non-HU person with a TAJ card who has posted here that they got an invitation.

But if they called you after 12, then the April 1st  joke is reversed.

If you get the  Sputnik maybe you'll be as tough as Laika, start drinking  vodka, eating borscht and calling people comrade.  A bit different to the BIll Gates version.

Please let us know what happens and good luck!

fluffy2560 wrote:

..... Not just COVID issues.  It's fairly obvious a club with X awkward members looking for consensus isn't going to be as agile as a single member doing its own thing.   

Would have been surprised if the trade figures had done anything else but what the BBC described; the UK can't expect to leave the EU without there being costs in some way/shape/form.

The car parts thing is strange as the UK and US are now in the same box as far as trade with the EU goes.  So 1 of 2 things (or maybe both); Brits aren't up to speed with it yet, or for the US being fudged around by the EU is normal, somewhere in there is the reason.  If someone offers me enough, I may come out of retirement and set them up an import/export business like I set up in the 70's; never had any of these problems.

Do not worry about me, I get my vodka intake on a regular basis, just not calling all my comrade :)

Cynic wrote:

Would have been surprised if the trade figures had done anything else but what the BBC described; the UK can't expect to leave the EU without there being costs in some way/shape/form.

The car parts thing is strange as the UK and US are now in the same box as far as trade with the EU goes.  So 1 of 2 things (or maybe both); Brits aren't up to speed with it yet, or for the US being fudged around by the EU is normal, somewhere in there is the reason.  If someone offers me enough, I may come out of retirement and set them up an import/export business like I set up in the 70's; never had any of these problems.

I think it's because the system is so antiquated and so inflexible, they cannot cope or they simply want to stick the boot in.   It's obvious (to me anyway) that a widget on the 31st December 2020 is the same widget on the 1st January 2021.

Looks to me like trade or jobsworth EU policy barriers.  They can smooth it out if there's a will but on the EU side, there doesn't seem to be one.

I can order low end parts from China and they arrive relatively quickly.  Higher end parts for commercial business get a real clobbering.   This is what MPL (Hungarian Post Office) says about postal imports: click here.

Between EUR 0 and 22            duty free/not subject to customs clearance
Between EUR 22.1 and 150    duty free but subject to 27% VAT
Between EUR 150.1 and 700    subject to commercial customs tariff* + 27% VAT
over EUR 700.1                            subject to commercial customs tariff* + 27% VAT

That's plus all the handling BS/agents fees as well. One can see how painful it is. 

I want to buy some bits for my hobby Yank Tank (American car) and it's going to cost me a bundle - I could buy them in the USA for the list price - no VAT there or Sales Tax either - but here, it's horrible. 

Maybe I can find someone who will bring them to me as a gift from the USA in their luggage or I could ship them to the UK, then collect them (UK is EUR ~540 is tax free individual personal import to EU per trip via the airport).  I would have  done it myself but COVID has messed it all up!

cdw057 wrote:

Do not worry about me, I get my vodka intake on a regular basis, just not calling all my comrade :)

I once called a Russian speaking guy Tovarish (товарищ - comrade) during a virtual meeting and he was not amused. He was insulted actually and told me off. I had to take it all back at high speed.  I thought I was being friendly and showing camaraderie but apparently it's not liked by many. Perhaps an anti-communist thing since the wall came down.   

After a bit of vodka, everyone is a comrade surely?

fluffy2560 wrote:

....I think it's because the system is so antiquated and so inflexible, they cannot cope or they simply want to stick the boot in.   It's obvious (to me anyway) that a widget on the 31st December 2020 is the same widget on the 1st January 2021.

Looks to me like trade or jobsworth EU policy barriers.  They can smooth it out if there's a will but on the EU side, there doesn't seem to be one.

I can order low end parts from China and they arrive relatively quickly.  Higher end parts for commercial business get a real clobbering.   This is what MPL (Hungarian Post Office) says about postal imports: click here.

Between EUR 0 and 22            duty free/not subject to customs clearance
Between EUR 22.1 and 150    duty free but subject to 27% VAT
Between EUR 150.1 and 700    subject to commercial customs tariff* + 27% VAT
over EUR 700.1                            subject to commercial customs tariff* + 27% VAT

That's plus all the handling BS/agents fees as well. One can see how painful it is. 

I want to buy some bits for my hobby Yank Tank (American car) and it's going to cost me a bundle - I could buy them in the USA for the list price - no VAT there or Sales Tax either - but here, it's horrible. 

Maybe I can find someone who will bring them to me as a gift from the USA in their luggage or I could ship them to the UK, then collect them (UK is EUR ~540 is tax free individual personal import to EU per trip via the airport).  I would have  done it myself but COVID has messed it all up!

Country of origin was always the elephant in the room, particularly as widgets became a multi-national item where different components were made/manufactured in different countries to become a different "thing".  Bloody suppliers thought they were very clever saving 0.000001 euro on an item, but when people start to take apart what they did, it's no longer such a good idea.

I have no plans to travel anywhere further than Pontefract Market, so can't help out I'm afraid. :)

Cynic wrote:

I have no plans to travel anywhere further than Pontefract Market, so can't help out I'm afraid. :)

I've got contacts in the USA but they are all stuck there too.

I don't know anyone in Pontefract but when Yorkshire gains independence (Yexit) then I can get my passport as my Mum was from up that way.

Hungary has had a bad day for COVID deaths (31 March 2021):

Euronews report

Not to make light of it all,  people here can be really sarcastic - apparently O1G is having arguments with doctors who unlike O1G face death each day.  The argument was  over the amount of sleep required - O1G says "I only needs a few hours sleep a day and I'm OK in the bedroom too".  Some comedians posted back saying "Does your wife know about it?".   

O1G is such an object of derision, maybe the pandemic will be his end.  There are rumours that he's becoming more of a liability to Fidesz than an asset.

fluffy2560 wrote:
cdw057 wrote:

You are the first non-HU person with a TAJ card who has posted here that they got an invitation.

But if they called you after 12, then the April 1st  joke is reversed.

If you get the  Sputnik maybe you'll be as tough as Laika, start drinking  vodka, eating borscht and calling people comrade.  A bit different to the BIll Gates version.

Please let us know what happens and good luck!

Funny enough. I loved being a real pain in the you know what in Vegas. Worked with a zillion former Soviet block co-workers and I always refered to them as my ,"Comrades". Lucky for me they knew I was joking about. We all got on very well.
I make homemade borscht so often even my husband says I'm in Love with root veggies. The Vodaka thing is not for me, too old to play that game.
I'm waiting still to find out which vax is going to be good enough to travel with.
Not sure the Sputnik is excepted in the US or not.
I really am not wishing to get a vax but I know we all must make a choice sooner or later to get one or to be a total outcast from society. Could it be the ,"mark of the beast"?
Just want to make certain I do not have to double up on some vax because one is excepted and another not.
Today we went to the great market hall.
Not too busy but a tiny bit busier then laely due to the upcoming long weekend.
Was asked for my ID 3 times.
One agent mentioned the year I was born and said not old, he said he was born in 1968. I told him he was a baby.

My husband<( Poor dude) was not asked even once.
Every stop on the underground had several ticket agents checking ID's. Just a few weeks ago no one was checking anything.
One young man today didn't act like he believed my age , I bent down and showed him my grey roots! I am sure I was one of a very few females to expose themselves that way, ever.
I told my husband it is about time to file my HU citizenship papers as I can tell things are about to get real,not sure how but something big is on the horizen.
Was very nice outdoors today, got a few rays near the Danbue before the wind picked up.

Well I am on my 3rd hard lockdown from today for nearly 2 weeks  :sosad:

SimCityAT wrote:

Well I am on my 3rd hard lockdown from today for nearly 2 weeks  :sosad:

I heard from someone in AT that it was until the 11th April.   We're in less severe lockdown but the death toll is rocketing.   We were out dog walking in the forests and it was busy with no-one wearing masks.  To be fair everyone was at least 2m apart. No jostling or queueing on the paths unlike on Everest:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/7625/production/_111254203_8d8f9dd1-cecb-4acd-a4d9-9455dffd652d.jpg

and as for France, that is going on a hard lockdown from Saturday.

SimCityAT wrote:

and, apparently, all the fault of the Brits ......................  :o

Cynic wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Apparently Macron is going loopy over it.   He's becoming very unpopular at home. 

I am rather surprised as on first glance he seems rather switched on, young dynamic and eloquent.  Now he's thrashing around like a mad robot. Blaming everyone except himself for his lack of action earlier on.   Perhaps he's going to do a Gallic cover version of  that Trump/Bolsonaro hit track "I did it my way (badly)".   Makes you wonder how these people manage to get elected. 

And all this on this Easter weekend too.   It's just bad news all around. 

What's could be next? Black hole?  Alien invasion?  Civil war in Myanmar (oh no, that already happened, my bad).  US and China clash militarily around the Spratly Islands.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Cynic wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Apparently Macron is going loopy over it.   He's becoming very unpopular at home. 

I am rather surprised as on first glance he seems rather switched on, young dynamic and eloquent.  Now he's thrashing around like a mad robot. Blaming everyone except himself for his lack of action earlier on.   Perhaps he's going to do a Gallic cover version of  that Trump/Bolsonaro hit track "I did it my way (badly)".   Makes you wonder how these people manage to get elected. 

And all this on this Easter weekend too.   It's just bad news all around. 

What's could be next? Black hole?  Alien invasion?  Civil war in Myanmar (oh no, that already happened, my bad).  US and China clash militarily around the Spratly Islands.

I get the politics; Kier Starmer and Wee Nipple up in Scotland find themselves in a similar situation as Macron, nothing they do sticks to Borris.  They all want Brexit to crash and burn; the problem is that every time any of them open their mouths, Borris's popularity gets higher and higher - he's now 10 points ahead in popularity; these are unheard of in British politics.  The "Rejoiners" (new name for the Remoaners) are gutted to find that Brexit today is even more popular than when it was voted for.  Todays story in the press that Spain and Germany are deporting Brits is mana from heaven for Brexiteers; all we appear to do is provide life-boat services for boatloads of illegal refugees - who's the bad guys here?.  If it takes an extra 4 hours to inspect a truck in Belfast (it's the men from Ag making themselves important like they always used to) - nobody cares ..... yet.  Actually, I know who cares, it was on the news here tonight; Paddy cares, watch the space over there.  Paddy will put the final nail in the Brexit coffin.

Cynic wrote:

.....I get the politics; Kier Starmer and Wee Nipple up in Scotland find themselves in a similar situation as Macron, nothing they do sticks to Borris.  They all want Brexit to crash and burn; the problem is that every time any of them open their mouths, Boris's popularity gets higher and higher - he's now 10 points ahead in popularity; these are unheard of in British politics.  The "Rejoiners" (new name for the Remoaners) are gutted to find that Brexit today is even more popular than when it was voted for.  Todays story in the press that Spain and Germany are deporting Brits is mana from heaven for Brexiteers; all we appear to do is provide life-boat services for boatloads of illegal refugees - who's the bad guys here?.  If it takes an extra 4 hours to inspect a truck in Belfast (it's the men from Ag making themselves important like they always used to) - nobody cares ..... yet.  Actually, I know who cares, it was on the news here tonight; Paddy cares, watch the space over there.  Paddy will put the final nail in the Brexit coffin.

I Googled that idea Spain and Germany are deporting people but it doesn't seem to be true.  The key driver of the story is that 90 days has passed since full on Brexit.  But it seems the Spanish (at least) are working through a backlog of residence permit applications and no-one is being marched down to the airport (yet).  Tabloid press nonsense. 

Nicola Sturgeon has been referred to as the poison dwarf not because of her height but after Lucy Ewing in Dallas (thanks to Terry Wogan for the moniker).  I find it quite weird that people think she's even a good candidate for UK PM - like she'd be promoted into being the head of a country she's intent on destroying.  How messed up would that be?!  Boris keeps slapping it down and even if the SNP and Alba (or whatever) win a majority, he's going to just say, it makes no difference, elections are not just about independence - the referendum has been already held on the independence question and it's been answered.  Not in anyone up there's lifetime.

If Scotland had been independent and in the EU, presumably England and Wales would have been bailing them out due to COVID.  And an EU border North of Carlisle?  In your dreams lassie.

I don't see that Northern Ireland border lasting.  I reckon it's just a waste of time and the EU needs to get real on reform of itself.

Here's a link from Sky Australia.  MSM in UK don't really cover it. 

You will own nothing, and you will be happy': Warnings of ‘Orwellian' Great Reset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcAO4-o_4Ug

fluffy2560 wrote:

..... I Googled that idea Spain and Germany are deporting people but it doesn't seem to be true.  The key driver of the story is that 90 days has passed since full on Brexit.  But it seems the Spanish (at least) are working through a backlog of residence permit applications and no-one is being marched down to the airport (yet).  Tabloid press nonsense.

It was in the Spanish Expat press yesterday (link); I have no idea if they are tabloid or not.  They also interviewed on UK television a group (I hope the same group) who had been denied entry and returned to Manchester yesterday, so not nonsense, but perhaps not a big issue ....... yet.  I suspect if 40 people were returned to the EU, there would have been lawyers and uproar.

Cynic wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

..... I Googled that idea Spain and Germany are deporting people but it doesn't seem to be true.  The key driver of the story is that 90 days has passed since full on Brexit.  But it seems the Spanish (at least) are working through a backlog of residence permit applications and no-one is being marched down to the airport (yet).  Tabloid press nonsense.

It was in the Spanish Expat press yesterday (link); I have no idea if they are tabloid or not.  They also interviewed on UK television a group (I hope the same group) who had been denied entry and returned to Manchester yesterday, so not nonsense, but perhaps not a big issue ....... yet.  I suspect if 40 people were returned to the EU, there would have been lawyers and uproar.

It's the same for Austria, unless you are an Austrian resident or citizen or a business traveller then you are not allowed in.

As for the UK, I thought they had banned foreign holidays?

1966Katya wrote:

Here's a link from Sky Australia.  MSM in UK don't really cover it. 

You will own nothing, and you will be happy': Warnings of ‘Orwellian' Great Reset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcAO4-o_4Ug

Apart from  a good idea of better climate controls, who the hell cares what Charlie's opinion is.  It all sounds like a Rupert Murdoch  inspired manifesto.  There's a bloke you wouldn't want to invite to a Halloween dinner party.

Australia is one of the worst world polluters due to its reliance on coal for electricity generation.  You'd think solar would have been very popular given the large land area and sunshine etc. It won't make any difference to climate until the worst polluters are under control and that also means places like India, the USA and specifically China.

Anyways, people don't want to be reset no matter how great it is.   Maybe it should be called just "reform".

SimCityAT wrote:

.... It's the same for Austria, unless you are an Austrian resident or citizen or a business traveller then you are not allowed in.

As for the UK, I thought they had banned foreign holidays?

They have; in this instance, the 40 who were returned were allegedly already resident in Spain and were going back because they had received a letter from whoever deals with it in Spain to come and collect their residence cards.

Our daughter returned to the UK this morning, they asked if she was on holiday, she said no, that she was coming back to take up her new job in the UK, they were waved through.

Cynic wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Spanish experience is a consequence of Brexit and COVID19 it would seem plus unnecessarily heavy handed policing.   Perhaps they will reverse their position when their government gets things right - they did this before and then reversed position. Might even be connected with Gibraltar. 

Might happen here in HU to those of us with only HU based EEA registration cards - these have to be replaced with HU national residence permits by end of 2021.  Another Boris mess.

Didn't people get deported in the past from certain countries, like in 1939 or there about's?
Worlds gone insane,can't really make long term plans when events are changing so fast and not for the good of all.
This is exactly the reason why back in 1989 we never invested heavy in Hungary.
People told us to buy property back then but we felt something was going to happen at any moment.
Surprised it's been a rather smooth run for the past 32 years.
The US isn't in much better shape either.
We rode the subway, underground yesterday.
Tons of agents checking tickets all over at every stop.
They checked coming and going  on the same ride.
For the longest time there was no checks anywhere.
Last Sat. we rde the bus to a distant farmers market.
They checked tickets on the bus too.
Hasn't happened in forever but for some reason they are going full blast on checking.
Perhaps to many people were dodging buying tickets and BKK was lsing money or they are out looking for certain people?
I was asked 3 times for my ID yesterday, my husband they just waved on through, lucky him?
No matter we have to either step up as people or make peace with it.
Saw they used water cannons on protesters in Brussles recently.
I'm fine no matter what happens, made peace with life ages ago, not under our control whatever goes down.
I would however love to see people stand up against the chemical spraying of our skies. We all must have fresh air no matter what political side you're on.
Makes me sort of think about tales my Ruysn grandfather told. He was drafted into the Czars Army as a US citizen visiting eastern Europe. They didn't care where he was born only that hs nationality was Rus.
He was forced to cut down protests with swords while riding on horseback. It's amazing how people can be forced to do things they never thought they would or could.

fluffy2560 wrote:

.... Spanish experience is a consequence of Brexit and COVID19 it would seem plus unnecessarily heavy handed policing.   Perhaps they will reverse their position when their government gets things right - they did this before and then reversed position. Might even be connected with Gibraltar. 

Might happen here in HU to those of us with only HU based EEA registration cards - these have to be replaced with HU national residence permits by end of 2021.  Another Boris mess.

New cards weren't necessary; they could have done what the UK did and use their existing passport; they just had to register using their passport, that's all my wife had to do to get permanent residence.

Cynic wrote:

New cards weren't necessary; they could have done what the UK did and use their existing passport; they just had to register using their passport, that's all my wife had to do to get permanent residence.

Unfortunately Hungary is one of those mad ID card countries and it's used at every transaction from healthcare to car registration.  They ask for it at every turn.  It was like that even before Brexit.  Also you have to carry your  passport around with you - at least that's the theory. I usually carry a copy but it's not really enough as it doesn't show your immigration status.  But no-one's ever actually stopped me for that except when driving (and then maybe only once or twice in 25+ years).  I take the risk as these days I never go further than the shops and woods.

The EEA cards were a stop gap measure for Brexit people.  But now it's all over, we're required to have the normal national residence permit for 3rd country nationals.  After 5 years, we can have the EU residence permit.   All that time I was here before counts for nothing. Personally I feel stabbed in the back by the UK and EU over my rights here - we don't really have any rights anymore.

EEA cards in HU are really simple, with a little info and no photo.   I couldn't find a workable image for it.

National residence permits are more sophisticated and require finger print capture. In HU they look a bit like this below (and they look the same all over the EU - all common standard).

https://goldeneraeducation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Hungary-Residence-Permit.jpg

Presumably there will be some COVID19 or health status inserted into this system at some point.

I thought about registering my Missus in the UK but she's never worked there and doesn't have an NI number or anything like that and we live here in HU.  I could try it on.  Be useful if she had it, if only to make it easier through the passport control.  On the other hand, it could easily expire if one hardly goes to the UK (like us).

New cards are issued in Austria, Germany, France as well.

My old HU resident card, the 5 year one was a nice size, could fit inside a wallet.
My newer 10 year perm. resident permit is too large to fit in a wallet.
Not sure why they made it such an odd sized card.
I have forms here that still need to be filled in, only half way finished to try to apply for HU citizenship.
Just would be nice to have in case I ever leave HU and wish to return someday without going through all the immigratin hassles all over again.
Now that I know my grandmother was born in Hungarian lands, something I didn't know when I first applied here, it might of been a longer , harder to prove claim to citizenship but could of been worth the hassle of collecting all the paperwork from what is now Poland.
Traced that side of the family to the same area for over 300 years.
I know exactly the house number where she was born and still have relations there who possibly could of helped me find all her records and those of my father.
Too late now, will just go the old route and see if they excpet me or not on my own merit.
My husband is so lack in filling out these forms though.
With everything close down there isn't a rush t d them. Takes about 6 t 9 months anyways to get an answer, the President of Hungary decides on this, only he alone.