Working in Dammam-How good is the place?:)

Hi,

I got an offer to work in Dammam as a teacher in a certain company. They will pay me 2200 SR plus free accommodation, monthly food allowance, paid leave, free airfare and other insurances. I will travel alone.

I am 21 years old and from one of the country in South East Asia. This would be my first time to travel out of our country and am hoping you can give me advices.

Thank you.

Hi gmjusa and welcome on board!

I hope other members will be able to help you ;)

Regards
Armand

Don't do it, there's no life out here, I get 4800 and it's still not enough!!

mababa yang offer na yan.

Hi tessky,

Could you please post in English in this anglophone forum so that members can understand. Thank you. :)

borntobemild wrote:

Don't do it, there's no life out here, I get 4800 and it's still not enough!!

It is not enough ?  What's the problem?  High on the _og?

and my salary here in jeddah is worst, 1,300 rials only! =( i thought it's enough because in philippines 1,300 rials is enough that's why i signed the contract.

at christine: tessky means, the salary offered is low. =)

it is good at begining once you prove your self in work you will be give merit increase. beside you will be given ticket and commudation and midecal. i thin this is good and eough for you. thx

I am from dammam. i was working @ dammam for 2000 riyals for last 2 year. and there was no accomodation, food or transportation but i think i was able to save money. now i changed the job and i am getting a very good salary . but in my point of view the offer you got is not bad

No, that is offer is way too low.

Saudi Arabia is the only country in the World, where you can save your money and you can save your self from bad things.

You can pray on time and visit weekly or montly to Makkah/Madinah.

not bad

Hi quezo,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I just want to let you know that this thread is outdated, I invite you to create a new thread or even to participate in the recent one on the Dammam Forum :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

It's safe  and nice

Welcome

That is okay for a starter. Just be frugal.