Menu
Expat.com

Expatriate Holidays in Mexico

Last activity 22 June 2020 by Mreid51

Loïc

Hello everyone,

You might be getting more and more eager for vacation, whether in Mexico, or elsewhere.
It's the perfect time to rest and rebuild your strength, or on the contrary, spend some energy doing things you love, while taking the time to enjoy your loved ones!

With the turmoil of the last few months, the next holidays will feel extra special this year, that's why we would like to know a little about your plans.

Do you have any plans for this year's holidays?

Do you have some visibility on the borders opening of your host country?

Will you stay in Mexico or go abroad?

If you stay in Mexico, what would you like to visit there? If you go abroad, where will you go?

Finally, what made you decide to go? If not, where else would you go?

Thanking you in advance for your contribution!
Have a nice day,

Loïc
Expat.com Team

travellight
Loïc wrote:

Hello everyone,

You might be getting more and more eager for vacation, whether in Mexico, or elsewhere.
It's the perfect time to rest and rebuild your strength, or on the contrary, spend some energy doing things you love, while taking the time to enjoy your loved ones!

With the turmoil of the last few months, the next holidays will feel extra special this year, that's why we would like to know a little about your plans.

Do you have any plans for this year's holidays?

Do you have some visibility on the borders opening of your host country?

Will you stay in Mexico or go abroad?

If you stay in Mexico, what would you like to visit there? If you go abroad, where will you go?

Finally, what made you decide to go? If not, where else would you go?

Thanking you in advance for your contribution!
Have a nice day,

Loïc
Expat.com Team

Well, Loic,
That is a loaded question. As things are now everything is restricted. My idea of a vacation doesn't include lots of plastic and masks or facial recognition and contact tracing. So given that that is the agenda. I would have to talk about my usual vacation.

My normal vacation would include new people, new stores, and new places. I would go to a beach area like Cancun, and possibly also visit Bacalar. I might also go to visit family in the U.S.

Mreid51

Until the pandemic is under control we will not be taking ant trips. By undef control I mean that prominent epidemiologists have said that it is safe to do so for at risk individuals. Our only trips out now are to run essential errands to get food and other supplies. We avoid busy times at the market and other stores. We do not go across the border into the U.S. unless we need to see the doctor and have not visited family in person since March.

In short, we are believers in science. Until the scientists say it is safe for those of us who are 70+, and with higher risk medical conditions, to go out and about we will stay put. After that we will resume traveling abroad, in the US and in our adopted country Mexico.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mexico

All of Mexico's guide articles