Menu
Expat.com

Unpaid Credit Card in Saudi

Last activity 16 March 2024 by danasudheer

KpSaun

hi. I would like some advice. I worked in KSA, Jeddah before and left in 2014 with outstanding credt card  balance with NCB (not sure how much when I left). 6 years later, today, a lady on facebook messaged me regarding an unpaid balance of 4000 SR on my account. She said a case was filed about it and if I don't pay in 5 days I could go to prison. I've been living in Europe now for 5 years and have not received any emails or messages from the bank since I left Saudi in 2014. I have not used the credit card since leaving Saudi but unfortunately wasn't able to pay the credit card due bills. Will I get in trouble for this? It could just be a scam as I exited formally, handing my Iqama to them. Any help advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

amadtradest

Hello friend,

No bank ever contact thru facebook, either they shall contact your home country or the company where have you worked earlier ,  it could be someone who is very near and dear to you , aware of this subject trying for money.

amjedmnh

yes they can blacklisted you

sherief Ismaiel

Dear
you must have your documents when you left the company in saudi ( clearance form ) all your indemnity money or last salary amounts should have been transferred to the bank by the company if not they will be blamed for that

shandgk

Easy Bro Bank Can,t Contact you from facebook also company Engineer same situation balance upto 6000 and he left from saudi since near 1 year go now if bank wants money back the bank must be contact your previous company or contact your home land so will be fine....

shandgk

Bank Name please

KpSaun

Thank you everyone.  It was 6 years ago now. The bank has never contacted me or my old company or my home address. I'm also sure it wasn't 4000 SR. Probably  less than 1000. I have consulted an expert here and has advised that it was a scam as it was through Facebook.

Jaypeea

That's a SPAM. There are worse cases than yours in our company - SR25T, SR30T++. When you leave KSA, the bank ignores your bank balances unless it is maybe SR1M worth.

gnehl06

Hi, I left saudi arabia last 2018 for vacation and did not come back, I have unpaid credicard in NCB, Now I have a job offer in Kuwait? will I get arrested in Kuwait for this?

Tiara Y26

Hi could anyone answer me, i have credit card in ncb bank saudi Arabia, unfortunately i couldn't pay my credit card since march 2020,  because due to pandemic reasons my company in saudi arabia has suspended my contact without basic salary. I have been contacted the bank and they mamaged to stop my credit card since i provide the letter about my contracted suspension. But my suspended contract has been extended till December 2021. Will the bank waited for that long? Because some of my friend that had loan in alrajhi bank, got their case taken to ministry of justice. When i asked the bank loan and credit card is different cases so i dont need to be worried abou legal actions. Is it true? And why is different case between loan and credit card? Thank you

Tiara Y26

And 1 more thing, my position right now since the suspended is outside the kingdom of Saudi Arabia

saqayyum2000
KpSaun wrote:

Thank you everyone.  It was 6 years ago now. The bank has never contacted me or my old company or my home address. I'm also sure it wasn't 4000 SR. Probably  less than 1000. I have consulted an expert here and has advised that it was a scam as it was through Facebook.

it is not scam , remember me they find you on facebook and later they will find you also, i have friend who face the same provblem , recovery team cost and expenses will be put on you cost and sur charges and percentage of intrest will keep going high and penalties for over each month will be added , as you said it was 1000 in six year for sure by all cost it will be more  then 100 thousand.

einocarl

Hi!!
Please advice what to do, i have unpaid credit card its already 10 years ago.  Now i have job offer to saudi arabia, you think it will trace me to the immigration? What will happen? Am i going to jail? What best thing to do. Thank you.. please i need quick response.

Arsal7
einocarl wrote:

Hi!!
Please advice what to do, i have unpaid credit card its already 10 years ago.  Now i have job offer to saudi arabia, you think it will trace me to the immigration? What will happen? Am i going to jail? What best thing to do. Thank you.. please i need quick response.

How much is the amount of that credit?

einocarl

As i remembered, 4500 riyals

Arsal7
einocarl wrote:

As i remembered, 4500 riyals

Then, they will get to you but i don't know exactly what will they do to you.

Arsal7

Try to contact that bank and get assistance from them.

Wann2009

Hi..i need opinion..i will go for eoc soon but i has credit card balance in alrajhi bank..they as me for clerance bank for last salary payment and also benifit.now a day they will pay by moda from riyard direct to acc bank..i need eoc letter bcoz i got offer from another country..what should i do..can i do final exit

Mohammed Shab

@einocarl

Hi. Your unpaid loan issue solved?

Ngitladala

@einocarl

hi, any from collecting agency messaging you with in that 10 years? Just asking cause i have some issue like you. I left ksa  2018 and have bal in my inactive cc of 3000sr. Due to financial problems and health issue i wasn’t able to work or go back to ksa. But im planning to settle through installment snce i am jobless but dont know how or to whom i will going to negotiate. Can someone help me give some advise, please.

jdc13

Hi!

Any update regarding unpaid credit card experiences in Saudi Arabia.Where you able to enter and exit the country?

Didel ORtega

@jdc13 yes can be, exit reentry can be ,, but exit can not be, need to be paid the full amount was used in your credit card

darcymlik

Do not believe the advise of people here telling you that you will be imprisoned you can not be imprisoned because of unpaid credit card. In Saudi, after 10 years those upaid debts are paid off / write off by the king. The money that will be collected from you will be paid to the collectors, the banks does not really care since the money is INSURED.

darcymlik

@Ngitladala

Do not believe those collectors, if you feel you are being harassed, tell them that you will file a police report / restraining order against them for harassment. The money loaned to you are insured.

danasudheer

Hi Team,

One of my friend left Saudi Arabia in final exit in 2016 with due credit card balance amount of 7000 SAR, now he wants to go to Saudi Arabia back.

Any issue he will face in Airport ,please tell how to check he is black listed from entry ? Do we have any website where we can check with passport number if bank file any case against him ?

Fred

@Ngitladala
Do not believe those collectors, if you feel you are being harassed, tell them that you will file a police report / restraining order against them for harassment. The money loaned to you are insured.

-@darcymlik

Typical talk from a thief

Yes, you are a thief because you took money and didn't return it.

From a lot of earlier posts from those in the know, if the bank has a complaint against a thief, they will be arrested on arrival.

danasudheer

@Fred    :- What if company terminated him due to company financial setback.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles