Evaluating job offer and salary

Hello everyone,
I have search the forum for similar questions, but the posts I found have been several years old. My question is simple: for a married couple, is a 2300 OMR/month salary enough?
Put in a different way: how much of that will go into day to day living each month: 50%, 75%, almost all?
I have been unable to find a good calculator because largely they do not include the place where I am located currently in the Caribbean.
Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,
In my view 2300/- rial is really a good deal ,even if you are prefers to live a luxorious life the overall expense (Food, accommodation,other any expenses) will not surpass 800-1000 rial.
Ensure  that your company will provide the medical insurance, otherwise you have to spend a lot for medical .

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post. I have also read some articles stating that gasoline is cheap, but cars are unusually expensive but you still need to have one (no public transportation). Is this true?

Hi ,
Good day..
The info you get through the article is correct.
Initially you have to spend quitely higher for getting driving licence and buy a car. But still considering your salary , it's not going to impact largerly on your public transport is available in Oman,but most of people rely on personal cars only.

Hi,

The fact whether the amount is sufficient or not depends on your life style and your needs. Generally, the amount seems to me sufficient to lead a comfortable life style in Oman.

However, I would suggest you to get all the agreed terms and conditions in the employment agreement in full detail to avoid any discrepancy or disagreement in future. Details as to basic salary, HRA and other allowances as well as other terms will certainly help you get entitlements in future.

Hi
in my view 2300 is very good salary , and you can buy a good used car starting from 2000 rial depending on the car ..you may get cheaper but old one .Accommodation depends on the place for example Quram , Madina sultan Qaboos and The wave is expensive . Alkhuwair , Gubara , Azaiba is reasonable .. i prefer Alkhuwair . Mawaleh , khoudh ..ect cheaper. Public transportation is available almost everywhere .
To conclude, Oman is cheaper among the Gulf countries .