Residency in Serbia

Hi everyone,

Could someone clarify whether in order to keep (i.e. keep renewing) the temporary residency in Serbia one needs to have spent a specific amount of time in Serbia during the preceding 12 months? I'd like to get residency via property purchase, but would at present only spend a month or two in Serbia each year. Could I still renew the temporary residency each year? Or would a renewal be denied because I have not spent a significant time in Serbia? (I'm an EU citizen.)

Thanks!

CC

Information can be found HERE

There is nothing on that website (the link you've provided) that addresses the question I've asked about.

In order to maintain temporary residency, you do need to spend more than a month...but you do have property. Check this out with a lawyer. My experience has been that there is more than one way to accomplish these matters here in Serbia.

Your temporary residency will need to be renewed each time once it as expired.

Given your intentions to only reside in Serbia for a month or two at a time, why are you considering a temporary residents visa when a simple visitors visa will suffice for 90 days at a time?

Property purchase will take about 4 weeks to be on the books. After you can apply for a visa based on the property. However, regardless of that if you are out of country longer than 6 months the visa expires. As stated in a previous post the simple tourist visa (so called white card) is valid for 90 days. If you are only here for a month or so at a time that is the way. Takes a few minutes online for someone to register you and download the card.

I am in the process of obtaining a permanent visa and have had a one-year renewable temporary visa for 2 years. You have to live in Serbia for 9 months out of 12 to receive the temporary visa - one or two months is not enough.

@Khami25 how to apply a job in Serbia?pls assist.

Thank you,

Manod

@CC2020 hi sir or Madam

How can get serbia residency?

Please help me..