Menu
Expat.com

SABB Account blocked due to expiry of Iqama

Last activity 02 November 2023 by XTang

MIRTAHER1968

Hi,
I got the message from SABB last week that my account is blocked due to non-renewal of my Iqama. I am stuck in India since March due to COVID-19 lockdown and Airport closure. I can access my account through internet banking and can see the details with message at the top - please update your Iqama details on Absher. My question is whether I can transfer the money from my SABB account to any other Saudi or Indian Account through internet banking?
Thanks.

akmdks1012

Dear Mirtaher,

I experienced the same issue with my Iqama a few months ago (June) and I did transfer money from the blocked account to my friend's account and then sent it to India through STC pay.

This is my experince and other people's experience may vary accordingly.

saudi2020

why you did not check that either you can transfer or not.this is simple.
if account is not active how you can make transaction.fist of all renew iqama then update your bank account then you can only do any transaction.

saudi2020

its not possible to any transaction with blocked account.please do not give wrong information

abin_siddique

Yeah Saudi2020 is right. You can’t do any transactions after your Bank account blocked

akmdks1012

Dear Saudi2020,

We are not jobless ,sitting online and giving wrong information. I put the experience I faced with Riyad bank in June.

If I was to give wrong information, I wouldn't have replied to his question in the first place.

He clearly states in his question that he can check his account and check all the details with the message informing him to renew his Iqama.

saudi2020

blocked means transaction blocked not login blocked.you can login you can see all  your menu as before but when you try for transaction it will not happen.

NaeemBhatti

@MIRTAHER1968

Anybody has recent experience of expired Iqama with SABB account.  For SFB ,I got message that account will be blocked 3 months after expiry. Is it same for SABB ?

mohammad imran alam

@NaeemBhatti  I am also waiting for this to be answered by someone.

XTang

If you don't update the iqama, they freeze the account.  This means that you can login as normal but cannot do any transaction.  If you don't update iqama then the block they are referring to is, you can't access it altogether.

expectmark2sap

can we use ATM or debit card in such case?

XTang

No as the cards are linked to the frozen account.

neemabwiru175

@XTang can one still use mobile wallet to send money

XTang

I don't know which wallet you are referring to.  To keep it simple, anything that touches the account in any way, won't work.  It is like not having an account to begin with.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles