Menu
Expat.com

Lawyer for will

Last activity 22 December 2020 by Mick2206

MKeil52

Looking for a lawyer in Jontiem to do last will and testament. Any suggestions

blackjack2010

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Bill HERON

Not in Jomtien: but know one in Bangkok...Bill

livinginphuket

You don't need one. Write out your own, translate in Thai and submit both versions to the townhall for registration. No need to waste money on so called lawyers.

blackjack2010

not good advice
I do probate work every day and there are 66 laws on making a Will, Probate and acting as the Executor = if its not done correctly and challenged then it could end up in court for a few years = this is not what you want to do to save a few baht - its a legal document and the last one you will use and so make sure its done the correct way

Bill HERON

BlackJack is "on the money here". For a start: who is going to translate it into Thai? Can you trust it to be an accurate translation?...regards Bill

Tuenchai

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Tuenchai

It is correct that you can register a Will at your local Amphur. It would however be prudent to ensure that the Will has been made correctly, and that the translation was done by a translator that is approved for their translations to be used in court. Not all translation offices have that status. This will help to avoid the risk of challenges being made against the content and/or validity of the Will.

blackjack2010

yes I can guarantee the translation as its all done in house and NONE of our Wills have been challenged by the courts when making application for a grant of Probate and court order.

Its a small price to pay to get it done properly and to save problems in the future - I have had several hand written Wills challenged and overturned in Court - it takes more time and money and stress by ignoring the proper way to do things just to save a few bahts.

If the Will is done properly then it "may" become part of the legal process in another country where you have assets. You dont need to have any issues in a foreign court fighting for assets for the family.

Every Will has jurisdiction, meaning where it was made and where the person lived at the time of writing the Will, so stating where the Will has legal jurisdiction is important as sometimes there are tax issue that you dont need  - Some cases go on for years as it was written the wrong way =

MKeil52

Thanks all for the help.

Mick2206

Bill / blackjack2010
Can you give me a contact email or the details to last will and testament lawyers.
Would like to get this sorted.
Cheers
Mick

Bill HERON

to Mick2206:

I can recommend the following:

Siam Legal International at Sukhumvit. Ring the principal lawyer- Khun Meng@ 0897875775- tell him Bill from Australia referred you....yes he does speak English. Reliable and reasonably  priced...cheers

Mick2206

Thanks Bill...Good to get a suggestion from a fellow Aussie. All the best for X-mas and 2021.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles