Cohabitation/marriage visa or family reunion visa 2020 process time

Anyone here in the forum applied for the cohabitation/marriage visa or the family reunion visa in the year of 2020?

I would like to know:
Have you received your visa already?
How long does it take to receive a decision from the Immigration office after your application?

Thanks.

So no one applied any of these two types visa last year?

I'm going to apply next month. Following thread

Amber2021 wrote:

So no one applied any of these two types visa last year?

Be patient, you can't expect replies in 30 minutes of your first post.

applied family reunion visa on 7th Dec, no update on DOFI website yet. Following thread...

Dear,

My cohabitant applied in Julie 2019 and got the reply "decision" in Jan 2020.
The waiting period can be up to 6 months if all documents are submitted completely.
It can differ from one case to another.

PS: we have made it in Belgium through the Municipality

Hi,

I exceeded my 90 days visa, do you think I can do the same procedure?

I'm not really sure TBH, but make a phone call with the municipality to ask if there is a way to prolong your stay.
I wonder how can you stay in Belgium if you exceeded 90 days, however, if there is a legal reason, then maybe that helps.

Hi Abduluna, that's around six months, quite long. glad that you received the visa in the end.

You went to Belgium with what type of visa for 90 days?

I came with my tourist visa, due to covid I couldn't leave the country. So my partner and I decided is better if we live together. Do you have any info that can help me without criticize my decision to overstay (saying this because a lot of people have said very hurtful things avout it and I'm done with that)

December24th wrote:

I came with my tourist visa, due to covid I couldn't leave the country. So my partner and I decided is better if we live together. Do you have any info that can help me without criticize my decision to overstay (saying this because a lot of people have said very hurtful things avout it and I'm done with that)

Well, let be straight here. I guess you go to an expat forum to ask for an advice to your situation, not for a comfort.

People give you info based on their own experience even though it may not fit your emotional expectation. What's wrong with that?

Do you think it'll help if we all just say to you "It's all fine, everything will be ok".

So no info, and yes, it doesn't hurt to say "everything will be fine" 🥰

Hi you have a legit reason to stay in Belgium because of the covid-19. I think many cities halls have information on what you should do when you could not leave Belgium because of the pandemic. For example the city hall I used to live, Gent, has information on this, they suggest you to bring some documents to prove it, then it will be fine.

It will be smart to write them an email (probably a long one) and explain your situation and bring some documents to prove that you can't leave and see how it goes...

We (here) can only give advice. We are not legal advisers. I and others will back me up on this that you contact the authorities that are dealing with your casework.

If you are in the system, then you have to be patient and wait. Currently, Europe is pretty much on lockdown (as is the world), government offices are closed and working with a skeleton workforce. So things are taking time, much longer than normal.

https://www.agii.be/thema/vreemdelingen … nburgering
On this website, you probably can find some information about free legal consulting.

Hi Amber, I have applied for family reunion in december. They have sent the applications to BE a month later. Can't see anything on the dofi website. Still waiting...

Lola1011 wrote:

Hi Amber, I have applied for family reunion in december. They have sent the applications to BE a month later. Can't see anything on the dofi website. Still waiting...

OMG, doesn't anyone read anymore?

What do you mean?

Lola1011 wrote:

Hi Lola, Thanks for your response. family reunion normally takes up to 3-6 months, there are also cases that take around 2 months. Wish your the best luck.   :happy:

Hello, sharing our timeline for family reunification art10: applied on 18 Nov 2020 and got the approval on 22 Jan. Good luck to other applicants!

Congratulations !! May I know when u saw the status updated first time on dofi website ? I have applied on 7th Dec but still no status on dofi :(

Status only started showing up in dofi on 12 Jan. It was more than a month from date of application maybe due to the Christmas holidays.

I applied for family reuninification in Nov in the city hall in Flanders via email. I got a response stating it's been filed and I can reach out to the city hall after 6 months (they mentioned a date 6 months out) to know status of application. Since I was on single permit, they didn't need to change the category of my stay.

A police officer had come to check the house when I first moved to Belgium and I believe they used that visit as proof for reunification as well.

Hi Amber, just an update on my case.

I can now see the status on dofi - which says: ‘In behandeling'.

Good luck everyone.

Dear, I hold CARD A till 2023 and living in Belgium since 3.5 years.
I am planning to bring my spouse and child on Tourist VISA and then apply for a dependent VISA directly in Belgium.
Is it possible if so could you please direct me to the correct website where I can find the info.

https://www.commissioner.brussels/i-am- … nification

The translation on this website is correct.

B case:

You hold a temporary Belgian residence permit (A Card)
    You hold a valid residence permit issued by a member state of the European Union.
    You are exempted from a C visa for a short stay click here to have access to the list of third countries whose nationals are subjected to a visa procedure.
    You came with a C Visa in order to get married or to make a legal partnership in Belgium and you married or entered your legal cohabitation contract before the expiration of your visa.

You're not eligible to do a family reunion from Belgium.
They'll need to do a visa request from her home country.

Did you receive the visa?

Hi,
I'll apply for me as study visa and my family as family reunion visa this month. I want to ask you if you applied for the same visa type, what kind of temporary accommodation is acceptable for family reunion?

Hello I'm from Philippines, I applied the visa for family reunification last November 2020 and got the result or answer in February this year 2021. And now I'm in Belgium.

Hi. I just wanna ask if family reunification visa only applies for family or relatives by blood. Can you also apply it if you wanna be with your belgian boyfriend or girlfriend? Thank you and stay safe

Yes,  if your and your partner fall under the conditions mentioned.

Proof that partners have lived together for at least 1 year prior to application
If the partners have known each other for at least 2 years, proof that they have had regular contact by phone or (e)mail, that they have met in person at least 3 times in the past 2 years, and that those meetings represented a minimum of 45 days.

And you will have to provide documentation proving you both aren't married etc.

Good morning,
I applied for marriage visa on 18 January 2021 and I have not received any advice till now

Did you check on the IBZ website?

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … ssing.aspx

Yes I did ... in processing
Do u know what is the expected time to take the decision?

What about u?

In processing

@Reeeemo hi, did you recieve your visa? And  how long did you wait for the results?