Menu
Expat.com

Bahrain visa query

Last activity 01 March 2021 by MitchP

Cucamelon

Hello,

I have a job offer and am intending to move to Bahrain next month from UK. Only problem is that I am not married, so my employer told me my partner will need to leave Bahrain after 90 days. My employer is paying for our flights to Bahrain. They said they could book a return flight for partner now or leave it to my partner to pay for a single flight back. They said my partner can book a single flight back to UK nearer the time. However, do you think its safer if he organises a return flight back now?

Our plan is to get married in the summer back in the UK, as currently no weddings are allowed.

XTang

Don't get your question.  What do you mean by "safer"?   

If they are paying for a return flight, book it.  You can always change your dates.

Cucamelon

Hi I mean in terms of partner being allowed into country as tourist if he only has a single ticket. I know some countries prefer to see return travel arrangements.

Cucamelon

They would ask us for money for the return leg of the journey as only agreeing to pay for our flights to Bahrain.

MitchP

Get the return flight. Airlines especially Gulf Air are now allowing unlimited date changes. Check with airline first.

In addition. Your partner could simply leave Bahrain and go to Dubai..say for a weekend  then re enter... for another 90 days. Check it out.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Manama

• Visas for Bahrain
    Visas for Bahrain

Almost all travellers to Bahrain require a visa, with the exception of passport holders from the GCC (Gulf ...

• Accommodation in Manama
    Accommodation in Manama

Accommodation in Bahrain can range from cheap apartments to incredibly expensive villas. Most expats will aim for ...

• Working in Manama
    Working in Manama

The opportunities for employment in Bahrain are wide-ranging, although, in recent years, there have been changes ...

• Getting married in Bahrain
    Getting married in Bahrain

Bahrain allows anyone who resides in the country to get married, irrespective of nationality or religion. The ...

• Driving in Bahrain
    Driving in Bahrain

Expats love the freedom and convenience of driving, and many choose to purchase or rent their own car. But, ...

• Opening a bank account in Bahrain
    Opening a bank account in Bahrain

Opening a local bank account is essential for receiving your salary. The Wage Protection System (WPS) is designed ...

• Relocating with your pets to Bahrain
    Relocating with your pets to Bahrain

One of the decisions to make when relocating to a foreign country is what to do about pets. For many expats, there ...

• Starting a business in Bahrain
    Starting a business in Bahrain

According to the World Bank Group report for 2019, Bahrain lies 3rd out of 20 nations, for ease of doing business ...

All of Manama's guide articles