Resigning remotely

Last activity 16 September 2021 by GuestPoster310707

Pulasta109

Hi All,

I am resigning remotely. Can anyone guide me how to
1. Cancel my current EP
2. Complete Tax clearance
3. Return Laptop

As I won't be able to travel back, can I complete the above activities remotely?

Thanks

GuestPoster310707

Hi Pulasta,

Were you able to get an answer on this? Is it possible to resign remotely? can the tax clearance be processed by agent? And how long is the process? Thanks

Cheryllau

Dear Pulasta,  your employer can help you to shorten the pass without having your passport with them . This is one of the 2options for cancellation of employment pass. I can only guide for this pass as my expertise is with Immigration-related matters

GuestPoster310707

Hi Cherry, just want to confirm so there is no need to send physical passport back to malaysia to cancel the stamped EP right? It can be done online thru the system? Or can be done in the malaysia embassy in home country? Thanks in advance for ur answer.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Malaysia

• Expat death in Malaysia
    Expat death in Malaysia

The loss of a loved one is always a painful ordeal, but also often complicated for those left behind, especially ...

• Traveling to Malaysia
    Traveling to Malaysia

Malaysia is a popular commercial and holiday hub in Southeast Asia. The country attracts tourists and expatriates ...

• Driving in Malaysia
    Driving in Malaysia

You are moving to Malaysia and want to drive for work or travel there? Follow our guide!

• Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods
    Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods

Kuala Lumpur is a real megalopolis, surrounded by suburbs and neighborhoods so different from each other that they ...

• Internships in Malaysia
    Internships in Malaysia

Are you a student or recent graduate who wishes to develop your expertise while experiencing a work environment ...

• Buying property in Kuala Lumpur
    Buying property in Kuala Lumpur

When you plan to move to another country or another city, your first concern is undoubtedly where you are going to ...

• The Malaysian lifestyle
    The Malaysian lifestyle

Malaysia is such a melting pot of geographical, cultural and social diversity that there is something for ...

• Phones and Internet in Malaysia
    Phones and Internet in Malaysia

Malaysians are known to be social media addicts, so there's no shame if internet access is one of your main ...

All of Malaysia's guide articles