Menu
Expat.com

Entry to KSA through Bahrain

Last activity 25 May 2021 by XTang

HASHMISON

Hello,
As many of you know about travel restrictions into Saudi Arabia from Pakistan since 4th of February, I have heard from some people about new visa holders entering Saudi Arabia from Bahrain via King Fahad Bridge, is this true? and is it possible?
Kindly assist if any one has information, Thank you.

Luqmanksa

Yes it is possible now
You should complete 14 days quarantine after the date of entry then three covid test and you can cross if you have saudi visa

Proff42

A few of us did this a few days ago.
We flew into Bahrain from Dubai and then to Riyadh after spending +14 days in Bahrain.
Make sure it is absolutely over 14 days - they do check at the airport. Ask for a 30 day visa when you arrive or you will need to pay again to extend your 14 day visit visa. Or get an online visa before landing. 
You will need to complete the required PCR tests in Bahrain (arrival, day 5 and day 10), plus a pre-flight test to KSA.
We flew to Riyadh - not sure what the requirements are to go via causeway.

HASHMISON

Many thanks @Luqmanksa and @Proff42  top.png

XTang

To add, requirements via the causeway are the same.  However, they are only letting Iqama holders and business visit visa holders travel via the causeway.  Any other visit visa e.g. family, they will not let your go via the causeway.  You have to take a flight to Riyadh after 14 days in Bahrain.

davelind

Hi @proff42, can you tell more how the officer count your number of days spent in Bahrain? I am currently having tight schedule in Oman before going to Riyadh. I arrived in Muscat on March 2nd (morning) and will fly to Riyadh on March 16th (evening). Will I be eligible to enter Riyadh?

Andresfpb

Hello! Thanks for the comments. Do you know if Bahrain is issuing ON ARRIVAL visas or is it better to apply for an online visa before arriving to the country?

davelind

Better you apply it online before you fly. If your visa is rejected you save your flight ticket.

Luqmanksa

On arrival visa granted only to iqama holders

XTang

Actually no. They have opened up for on arrival visas for nationalities which were eligible for the same prior to Covid e.g. UK, USA etc.   So if your nationality is eligible for an on-arrival visa (check on evisa.gov.bh), you can get it now.

Correspond1

Hi

How do they check whether you have completed 14 days?  Stamps in your passport?

Do the Bahrani Authorities check or the Saudis?

Look fwd to your response.

Thanks

XTang

Saudi authorities check.  The process has become stringent.

When you enter Saudi and go to the cabin to submit health form, they will direct you to Jawazat officers who are sitting there.  They will then flick through your passport and see the stamps.   And they will specifically ask you if you have been in a particular country e.g. if you are British, they will ask you if you have been in the UK the last 14 days.   Then, once you pass this and enter Saudi, Tawakkalna app now has a separate questionnaire about this when you login to set your location.   And below these questions, they have a clear statement saying "Your responses are legally binding".  This means if you escape detection at the border and lie on Tawakkalna and at some later stage, they find out, you are in big trouble.

davelind

Correspond1, the airline counter will check your eligibility to enter KSA when checking-in. Make sure you stay min. 14 days and 14 nights. This means departure date - arrival date >= 14. I hope it's clear for you.

I just arrived in Riyadh today.

XTang

Yep.  Air is even more strict than causeway as you won't even get a boarding pass - because on causeway, if they refuse to let you enter, you can always turn back.  But by air, the airline has to bring you back and they get fined for letting someone who is not eligible, board.  So they make sure prior to giving you a boarding pass.

Andresfpb

Hi! Do you know if a negative PCR test result is required to travel / enter Bahrain? I understand that all air passengers arriving in the Kingdom of Bahrain must undergo a series of PCR tests but not to perform previous tests. Thanks in advance.

XTang

Depends on airline.  Gulf air doesn't require it, other airlines do.

Bahrain as a country doesn't require it as they test you on arrival.

Umme Hammad

Can i travell to saudia through bahrain with multiple vise with family  after 17 may ??

Umme Hammad

Any one rply plzzz

Luqmanksa

Yes you can travel with Pcr negative   
You will get visa for 3days from boarder
You should make sure the pcr test validity till you return
If you have vaccinated things will be much easier

XTang

After 20th May, you will have to pay for an institutional quarantine at MOH facilities in Saudi for 7 days if you are not vaccinated.

Umme Hammad

How much days i will have to stay in bahrain with my childrens ?? Is there any vise will i have to process for staying  in bahrain ???

XTang

You didn't mention which country you are coming from.  If it's Pakistan, India etc., then you have to stay for 14 days, do 3-4 covid tests before entering Saudi. Easiest way to get a visa is book a hotel and ask them to get for you.

Habib.Sailor

Hi XTang,
I am currently in Saudi on business visit visa (multiple entry). I have residency visa in Oman. Think it's possible to go across to Bahrain through the causeway for a couple of days and come back to Saudi?

XTang

It should be.  Watch out if you are not vaccinated as from 20th May onward, any unvaccinated non citizen who enters has to stay at his own expense in a government chosen quarantine hotel for 7 days.

Habib.Sailor

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated

Habib.Sailor

To add to the complication, I am driving a company car. Someone mentioned I can leave it at some point on the causeway and take a taxi into Bahrain. Does this sound right? What point would I leave it? Also, do I need PCR test? Someone mentioned Tawakalna app being green is enough.

XTang

You must be fully vaccinated to enter Bahrain without test.  Car you can leave before Saudi customs but the parking is now paid and the taxi you will have to arrange from before - they don't stand there.  Better to arrange taxi to take you from home.

Habib.Sailor

Many thanks XTang.

DaveDaveDave

Does this apply to residents who have taken the first dose?

DaveDaveDave

A friend of mine arrived into KSA from Bahrain this morning. He drove across and hasn't been required to enter government quarantine. He only has one dose and is a resident. Strange?

XTang

Not strange.  I did it on Saturday as well.

To keep it simple, the following people can enter KSA via the causeway without quarantine:

1) People who are immunized as per KSA definition i.e. their Tawakkalna status shows immune by one dose, immune by two doses and immune by recovery.  This can only be people who have taken the vaccine or recovered from the virus in KSA
2) People who have taken FULL doses i.e. both doses, of the approved vaccines outside of KSA.  They need to register the vaccination on the muqeem portal and carry the certificate with them

Both categories need a PCR test within 72 hours to enter.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles