Menu
Expat.com

Regarding vaccine before boarding flight

Last activity 25 May 2021 by XTang

ikram1979

My family resident VISA is under process and hopefully it will get stamped by mid of April. I want to know is there any formalities of corona vaccinate before booking flight ticket after 17th May...Because there will be only very few days after stamping if flights get functional from 17th May. Case is from india to ksa. Requesting for your kind support

chillian

As far as I know covid vaccine is not mandatory pre-flight but the RT-PCR within 72hrs prior to flight is a requirement.

XTang

No vaccine.  Only Covid test.  And then quarantine and Covid test on arrival as per the country you are coming from.

ikram1979

Thank you for your information

DaveDaveDave

Has this advice changed for residents?

Luqmanksa

As per recent statement those who are vaccinated can travel with covid insurance
First doze after 14 days
38 countries included with covid protocols
However just wait till 17th and couple of days after opening

Inzamamulhaq

I am currently at ksa. After taking Covid-19 Vaccine, I need to wait for some days so that I board flight to India....?

XTang

That announcement was for citizens.  Expats can and are travelling without vaccine - I crossed into Bahrain from KSA today.

Inzamamulhaq

I am asking about a situational case.

If I put vaccine today, tomorrow I want to travel to India unexpectedly. I can board flight right....? Or I have to wait for some days....?

XTang

If you read what I wrote, I already answered your question.  If you are an expat, this DOES NOT APPLY to you.

You could board a flight anytime since Sep 2020 (if your destination country was open) and can still do now.  Saudi citizens have been stopped from travelling since March 2020 and now, if they want to, they must get the vaccine before they can travel - and if they put the vaccine, after the first dose, they must wait for 14 days before they can board a flight.

mdmujtaba24

Iam stuck in india (came from saudi last month).
Is AstraZeneca (vaccine in saudi) and COVISHIELD (vaccine in india) same ? since saudi is accepting only covishield from india,, iam planning to take atleast 1 dose in order to avoid any obstruction in future for coming to saudi... anyway saudi is accepting 2 dose but if incase 1 dose is made mandatory for travelling to saudi...Any comments on this or news on this

XTang

The recent announcement means, to simplify for you:

1) First of all, you can't travel from India to Saudi to begin with irrespective of vaccination.  You need to quarantine outside of India for 14 days in a country which is not banned by Saudi
2) You can then fly to Saudi.  You will be subject to a quarantine of 7 days, at your own expense unless:

You are shown as immunized in Tawakkalna which means that you have either taken one or two doses of the vaccine or have recovered from the virus - INSIDE SAUDI.

OR

You have taken BOTH doses of an approved vaccine outside Saudi.

So simply, right now, you can even come without vaccine but must quarantine.  The only way you will avoid it is if you take two doses of an approved vaccine.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles