Menu
Expat.com

Rehoming to Belize

Last activity 23 April 2021 by Ali.Gray

bonnieicher

Hello all.my name is Bonni I am a retired seamstress and artist {Teddy Bears and Critters of all sorts if you can imagine it I can create it for you. I am on SSDI and need to move to a warm place. Many of my friends and my mom and dad have stayed in Belize and Corozal. All have loved the country. I realize a single woman with her trusty dog and sewing machines  will be a odd fit but it is my hope that I will make the move. I would like to have a chance to teach art and sewing to interested parties. I also dabble in stocks and would need a good internet connection. If you have any suggestions or info to pass on to me Please do!,

crzyboiz

Bonni, check out Carmelita Gardens. It's a new town in the Cayo District, super safe with a wonderful vision. We have other single women that live there. It is a community that takes care of each other, and it lies between San Ignacio and Spanish Lookout. carmelitagardens.com is the website. We also host live Q & A sessions. Let me know if you'd like to register for the next one.

Nicole

bonnieicher

Thank you . I`m very interested in any advice I can get.           I don`t  have a ton of money but between my stocks and ssdi I shall manage. Thanks again. Any and all info is much appreciated.

Ali.Gray

I moved to Belize, single woman, January 2020, yes, just before quarantine. I live in Santa Elena, Hillview. Nice little local area. I have been welcomed into the neighborhood & feel totally at home. Living expenses are quite reasonable altho’ gasoline is very outrageous. I have chosen to “live local” rather than in an expat community by choice & feel that was a wonderful choice especially during the. pandemic. The neighborhood I live in takes care of one another well. Wherever you choose to live, Belize is an excellent choice.
Ali

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belize

All of Belize's guide articles