Shooting Clubs

Hello. I have been searching for a Hunting Club to contact and join, but can not seem to find one.
It is my understanding that expats can legally own a rifle if they are a member of a hunting club, or a short-barrel weapon if a member of a sports shooting club. I have not been able to find either. I am more interested in joining a hunting club.
Please correct me if I am wrong and you have the appropriate knowledge; My female partner would like to go hiking in the mountains but is fearful of wild animals. We tried going last weekend but cut the trip short because she was insanely scares after I identified wolf footprints that she thought were from a bear. She would feel a lot safer if I would be able to carry a weapon while we go on a hiking trip. I'm not so sure that would be completely legal though, outside of a hunting season. I have experience with weapons, as I was in the U.S. military. I just want to keep it legal. These are things that I would like to talk about to a hunting or sports shooting club.
I also considered a crossbow, but I can not find any laws at all for crossbows in Romania.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Carrying a weapon while hiking for self-defense is overkill, just get a bear spray. Only bears can be an issue in RO.

Ah yes, I have thought of that as well. Though, I am under the impression that is also illegal to own. Bear spray is a gas projectile and the law stats that only law enforcement or military is allowed to carry gas projectiles.

Reach out to the Hunters' Club in Sibiu (Region of Transylvania): https://clubulvanatorilor.ro/