Self Sponsorship Indicative Timing for Approval

Hi All, this post is just to provide information to the group that are interested in self sponsorship and were wondering about the length of time for approval.

I applied for a self sponsorship on Feb 22nd using a property that I own in Bahrain.
Just heard from NPRA today April 19th that it was approved.  A hair less than 2 months wait time. At least a month sooner than I anticipated.

Thanks for the update.   Yes that is fast.  Mine, pre-covid, took around 2.5 months but then again, there were Eid holidays in the middle.

Hi all,

I am planning to move to Bahrain by self sponsorship thru property purchase. Thank you for posting information in this group where I can get some clues how to proceed.

I am currently living in Hong Kong. Can anyone advise how should I start this exciting journey ? Should I buy a property and do the transaction in Hong Kong and then come to Bahrain and apply for the residency permit ? Alternatively is it much better to come to Bahrain on tourist visa to buy the property and then apply for the residency permit ? I am not sure the whole process, so if anyone can give some advice, that will be wonderful.

Also I am confused about the Good Conduct Certificate. Do I need have any police clearance or good conduct cert issued by authority in Hong Kong first or it is all done in Bahrain ?

Thank you for sharing any information and your experience with me. I really appreciate it.
Cecily

Suggest to come here and look at properties.   Secondly, there is security clearance to buy properties that takes time.  This is done in Bahrain.

Read the process here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=750635

You will need police clearance from your country of residence.  Bahrain police clearance is only needed if you are already living or have lived here.

HI XTang,

Thank you so much for the reply and the information. That is very helpful.

So my understanding is that :
1. you need security clearance to complete the purchase of property and that is done in Bahrain.
2. after the property purchase is completed and title deed is transferred to me, I will be able to apply for 10 year residence permit. One of the documents required for applying residence permit is Good Conduct Certificate and this should be your police clearance or No Criminal Conduct Record issued by your original country.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks
Cecily

Correct

Thanks.... but can I ask if I can apply for Good Conduct Certificate in Bahrain after I buy the property there instead of applying it from Hong Kong ?

I mean if I can do Good Conduct Certificate  in Bahrain, what exactly is the procedure ?

No you can't.   A good conduct certificate requires you to be either a citizen or resident.  Buying property doesn't make you a resident - you only become a resident when you get the visa.   And on top of that, you have to be a resident for more than 6 months before they will entertain your application for a good conduct certificate.

Lastly, your residence process requires a good conduct certificate.   So this must be from the place where you are CURRENTLY resident.   And that is not Bahrain.

Dear brother

i owned property in bahrain in 2011, i got 2 year visa from bahrain passport office which was expired in 2014, i got my cpr card which was expired in 2018, now i want to come bahrain to renew my cpr, EWA bill is on my name also

please advise is any supporting documents required for cpr renewal thanks

Latest EWA bill is enough.

Thank you,

i submitted character certificate & health insurance while i got my reaidency visa in 2012, should i have i have to submit these again ?

i have applied for self sponsorship in the end days of january 2023, still in process, its been seven months why are they delaying so much what must be the reason please XTang any idea sir.

Does anyone else have any idea

i submitted character certificate & health insurance while i got my reaidency visa in 2012, should i have i have to submit these again ?

-@kamranbajwa

If you remained a resident, then you don't need character certificate again.  If you didn't, then it is a fresh application.

Insurance is mandatory for every renewal and it is a requirement.

Does anyone else have any idea

-@OTHMANOTHMAN

No one can tell you the reason.  Sometimes it takes a long time.  But if it goes beyond a year or so, then it is likely that you will not get it.

@XTang

sir,

why wouldn't they approve I have purchased a property and submitted all required documents according to their requirements… will they mention reason for rejection on their website… I don't think their would be any reason because I have fulfilled all their requirements. Plz advice, i have submitted through a Bahraini agent and he has submitted via website. Does an agent make a difference.

Agent doesn't make any difference whatsoever. You can do it yourself.

They can always reject. It is not about requirements but whether they want you in the country or not.  It could be a security issue or immigration issue. For example, I know many Yemenis and Syrians who are almost always rejected for self sponsorship visas despite fulfilling the requirements.

Hello, i am going to apply for evisa visit visa, i am going to stay in my apartment(property owner), is it necessary to provide hotel booking at the time if application or should i provide my flat address lease copy or EWA bill copy ?

Add your title deed and EWA

Hi,

sharing my experience  with you'll with good news that after long wait of 11 months for self sponsorship i received the approval today.

I would like to know that what are the requirements for spouse and children will i get their cpr same time i get my cpr or else. i will be grateful if someone guide me accurately.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=750635 please read

I say thanks to give  me appotinite

Hi,
sharing my experience  with you'll with good news that after long wait of 11 months for self sponsorship i received the approval today.

-@imachine

Congrats.  Hope that other people who are worrying will read what you wrote and realize that it CAN take this long.

@XTang

should i email self sponsorship for the exact information about the procedure of how to apply and which website to apply for spouse and children as you know that my self sponsorship is approved and i received my WP and CPR, do you have any idea about this? please advice i will be obliged…

They changed application to evisa.gov.bh.  It's a bit difficult to find.   But ask them anyway.

How to update renewed passport number

Npra website. Under residence permits, update passport information.

@XTang

There is a machine in npra through that only possible.

@imachines:  Also you can do it online as I detailed above.  I did it via the online link last month.

@XTang

can you plz guide me step by step…

Just go here:

https://www.npra.gov.bh/en/services/vis … ls-update/

Read requirement and then click on service request at the top. It's straightforward.