Menu
Expat.com

SABB personal loan payback

Last activity 27 May 2021 by mrdr21

Basheer Ahmed56

I had come to India in January due to death of my relatives and could not get back to Saudi Arabia. I also lost my job hence decided not to return back. I planned to pay the balance money and close the loan I had from SABB for which I tried calling SABB direct (customer support) and SABB collection centre but neither could tell me the process of closing the loan while I'm out of the kingdom. Sent mails to both but didn't get any response from either.

If somebody has knowledge on how to deal with the situation, pleas let me know.

mailmeksyed
Basheer Ahmed56 wrote:

I had come to India in January due to death of my relatives and could not get back to Saudi Arabia. I also lost my job hence decided not to return back. I planned to pay the balance money and close the loan I had from SABB for which I tried calling SABB direct (customer support) and SABB collection centre but neither could tell me the process of closing the loan while I'm out of the kingdom. Sent mails to both but didn't get any response from either.

If somebody has knowledge on how to deal with the situation, pleas let me know.

Send someone on your behalf to the bank with your details you need to keep sufficient credit in bank account to close it.

Basheer Ahmed56

I tried to contact the bank customer support and the collection centre. Both informed me that I'll have to personally go to the SABB branch to clear the loan.

My friends tried at the SABB branch in which I have my account but they asked them to visit the head office. At the SABB head office, they asked them to visit the collection centre.

As of now, I don't seem to have any solution left.

mailmeksyed
Basheer Ahmed56 wrote:

I tried to contact the bank customer support and the collection centre. Both informed me that I'll have to personally go to the SABB branch to clear the loan.

My friends tried at the SABB branch in which I have my account but they asked them to visit the head office. At the SABB head office, they asked them to visit the collection centre.

As of now, I don't seem to have any solution left.

Ok visit the collection center with the required details.
Create Power of attorney on your friend name , sign it across and get it translated into Arabic to look the request as authentic.
You need to keep patience as the things don't move faster.
But you need to close the loan officially to avoid troubles in future  in case of employment your credit history will be shared with emigration if the loan is not cleared.
Bank will also issues NOC once it is closed, request for that to have a record.

This is my suggestion.

Basheer Ahmed56

I'm trying my best to contact the bank and the collection department and clear the loan. Currently I'm in contact with the relationship manager of my account, seeking his help to pay the loan back.

The issue being, I have only 25 days left for expiry of my exit re entry visa and my company has denied for any further extensions as they've closed the contract with me.

If there is no progress on next 25 days, I'll have my visa expired and I'll not be able to operate my bank online which contains my end of service benefit money.

What is best for me to do, if someone can advise.

Just for my information, may Allah forbid, if the bank does not respond within next 25 days and if I transfer all the money to my Indian bank account, with the intention of paying the loan money back if the bank approaches me in the future, what would the consequences be other than me facing issue when return back to the kingdom in the future?

Will the bank at present report my case to police?

Will the police in India come looking for me?

mrdr21

Hi!Why don't you just leave the money that will cover your loan? That's what actually  the  bank did for my EOB they hold the amount so even if I did not go there personally they will just deduct the the loan amount to my benefits.

Basheer Ahmed56

Hi
The reason why I'm not leaving the money in my bank so that it gets deducted and clear the loan as I'll need the clearance certificate once the loan is cleared. Also the total amount shown  online on my bank account is the sum I need to pay over the next 1 and half year. Now that I'll be clearing the loan earlier, I need to know the amount I'll have to pay after reductions in the profit percents etc.

mrdr21

I understand your reason, mine on the other hand was deducted already as soon as the benefits was deposited to my bank account and I am no longer in Riyadh so I am just praying that they will clear my dues regardless if I dif not go there personally to close my account. I am not coming back to Riyadh and my conscience is clear and paid my dues from
my benefit. I do pray you will resolve your problem.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles