Regarding Job opportunities

Hello Everyone,  I am kavya from India,recently moved to Hungary. I have dependent -residence permit Visa but they say I can't work in hungary .

Can anyone please suggest me what can be better options for my career. Having 5 years of working experience and sitting at home is so sad.

Kavyapravinsb wrote:

Hello Everyone,  I am kavya from India,recently moved to Hungary. I have dependent -residence permit Visa but they say I can't work in hungary .

Can anyone please suggest me what can be better options for my career. Having 5 years of working experience and sitting at home is so sad.

Is your other half an EU citizen?

No.he works for an IT company in Budapest

Kavyapravinsb wrote:

No.he works for an IT company in Budapest

There's always studying.

Can you please elaborate.. I mean Can I choose for courses of short term. Will that help me?

Kavyapravinsb wrote:

Can you please elaborate.. I mean Can I choose for courses of short term. Will that help me?

How long will you be here?  Studying will fill in the time and it won't be wasteful. We don't know what your educational background is or what you want to do.   

You can easily do distance learning courses for short term to improve your employment chances when you leave here.   Or you can enrol at a university here.

Kavyapravinsb wrote:

With your visa, job options are probably not an option.

I would suggest you look into starting a small business. It does not have to be a business that caters to Hungarians, but one that can have an International clientele. Which you can take with you even if you leave Hungary. Think creative, and think laterally, and you can probably find options that will keep you not only busy, but may be beneficial to your income and résumé.

Contrary to an opinion from some "experts", I would not spend too much time on "education", as I personally think you probably already have enough education and experience. And especially not in Hungary. Especially not online degrees, which can be rather useless and can open you to scams and problems unless fully accredited and Internationally accepted ... which are few and far between all the scams one can find online.

Hope this helps.

radiumpotato wrote:
Kavyapravinsb wrote:

With your visa, job options are probably not an option.

I would suggest you look into starting a small business. It does not have to be a business that caters to Hungarians, but one that can have an International clientele. Which you can take with you even if you leave Hungary. Think creative, and think laterally, and you can probably find options that will keep you not only busy, but may be beneficial to your income and résumé.

Contrary to an opinion from some "experts", I would not spend too much time on "education", as I personally think you probably already have enough education and experience. And especially not in Hungary. Especially not online degrees, which can be rather useless and can open you to scams and problems unless fully accredited and Internationally accepted ... which are few and far between all the scams one can find online.

Hope this helps.

Small business could be an avenue.   

Not being rude but it could also be a time to think about having kids if that's an option or interest for the OP.

Anyways, I know by experience that distance learning degrees from accredited universities are every bit and probably even more taxing than doing the same on a university campus.  They require an extraordinary amount of commitment.   I previously would have said it was "less of a degree" but that would be very disingenuous.  They are just as tough to do, look after family and work all at the same time.   All online courses from proper unis have to meet the national educational inspection criteria.  No Trump University around here.

Nearly all proper universities are offering online degree courses these days.  I mean, having a Masters from a prestigious uni is going to look good on any CV (even if it was done by distance learning).  COVID will normalise this method of study even more.

The "digital nomad" working visa is already being promoted around the region. It's a very attractive option for those in the digital world.  Hungary hasn't caught up with that yet but it will have to in order to maintain competitive in the region.

radiumpotato wrote:

I would suggest you look into starting a small business.

Quoting myself as I forgot to mention: Any business (i.e. any activity that tries to make a profit) you start might need to classify you in a passive role for a "no work" visa. If this turns out to be the case, passive activities often include activities that earn income via dividends, royalties, or similar -- example: usually creating and monetizing content you create and post online for royalties (Youtube, TicTok, etc.) is considered passive. In some cases, minor personal stock trading might be considered passive (and researching stock buys and sells can certainly keep you busy). Hope this helps.

radiumpotato wrote:
radiumpotato wrote:

I would suggest you look into starting a small business.

Quoting myself as I forgot to mention: Any business (i.e. any activity that tries to make a profit) you start might need to classify you in a passive role for a "no work" visa. If this turns out to be the case, passive activities often include activities that earn income via dividends, royalties, or similar -- example: usually creating and monetizing content you create and post online for royalties (Youtube, TicTok, etc.) is considered passive. In some cases, minor personal stock trading might be considered passive (and researching stock buys and sells can certainly keep you busy). Hope this helps.

Stock trading is an interesting one.   Doing stocks from HU to the USA or UK or wherever is going to have some interesting regulatory requirements. Not for the feint of heart. 

And possibly considered gambling so potentially a religious angle to it.   I certainly wouldn't get into Bitcoin.  Not unless one is prepared to lose everything invested - only gamble with what you're prepared to lose. 

Some people are doing online English teaching to make some money.  One of my older kids does it to make a bit of extra cash. 

BTW, in some countries, registering as a student allows you to work part time - in my own country (UK) I believe 20 hours a week is allowed.