Menu
Expat.com

Vaccination on Business Visa

Last activity 09 August 2021 by Tarek Hussein

Möna

I am on a business visa in the KSA, and i tried today to get a vaccine for covid but i was refused. I thought the vaccine was mandatory by 1st August for all, but this appears not to be the case. The vaccine is only for Iqama holders it seems. Can someone confirm this is correct? Moreover, can anyone advise how i might access the vaccine under these circumstances? Thanks!

wraith allaga

Are you on business visa under a company?

LennyOlaya

Hi Mona,
Am in the same boat. I have categorically been refused cos of my visa status. (i.e Business Visa)
I wrote to the ministry of health and the reply I got was that they will be looking into it. But its been well over 2 months and still looking

mailmeksyed
Möna wrote:

I am on a business visa in the KSA, and i tried today to get a vaccine for covid but i was refused. I thought the vaccine was mandatory by 1st August for all, but this appears not to be the case. The vaccine is only for Iqama holders it seems. Can someone confirm this is correct? Moreover, can anyone advise how i might access the vaccine under these circumstances? Thanks!

Yes vaccine is for iqama residents and citizens.
Only if the MOH approves,  visit and business visa holders are  eligible and it may happen.
The only option as of today is from home country.

Möna

ok, thanks for that. much appreciated.

Möna

Thanks for that update. Much appreciated.

Möna

Thanks for all the messages, very helpful. I guess MOH will take time to resolve this question.
A related point is that I have to go to Bahrain shortly to re validate my visit visa for another 90 days.
My question is this:
1. is it sufficient to get the free Sahaity PCR test in Dammam , or do i have to get a proper PCR test done before going? I am not vaccinated.
2. to get back into Saudi from Bahrain on a visit visa, and without vaccination, will Saudis insist on institutional quarantine for those on visas? Bahrain is not a "red list" country, and with an Iqama I know quarantine is not required. However, it may be different with a visit visa and no vaccine. Does anybody know?
Many thanks!

XTang

1) You can do a free Sehatty test, that is not an issue.  But under new rules issued by Bahrain, anyone coming to Bahrain, who is not vaccinated, must show a PCR test on entry and MUST quarantine for 10 days upon arrival and with an exit test done on the last day
2) ANYONE coming from ANYWHERE into Saudi, if not vaccinated, MUST do institutional quarantine.  Secondly, you have to fly into Saudi and book a quarantine package.  You will NOT be allowed to enter into Saudi via the causeway

Möna

XTang, thank you so much for that help. The situation is crystal clear.
Much appreciated.

PALIMPSESTO
XTang wrote:

1) You can do a free Sehatty test, that is not an issue.  But under new rules issued by Bahrain, anyone coming to Bahrain, who is not vaccinated, must show a PCR test on entry and MUST quarantine for 10 days upon arrival and with an exit test done on the last day
2) ANYONE coming from ANYWHERE into Saudi, if not vaccinated, MUST do institutional quarantine.  Secondly, you have to fly into Saudi and book a quarantine package.  You will NOT be allowed to enter into Saudi via the causeway

Hi XTang,
Can  I get in Saudi with a covid19 antibody test, positive?
Thx for your attention.

wraith allaga

@ PALIMPSESTOY

The very reason why they required a PcR test before travel is to make sure that you are not infected with the virus.

Its common sense that if you are positive you will not be allowed to travel and should undergo quarantine.

PALIMPSESTO
wraith allaga wrote:

@ PALIMPSESTOY

The very reason why they required a PcR test before travel is to make sure that you are not infected with the virus.

Its common sense that if you are positive you will not be allowed to travel and should undergo quarantine.

Correct.
I am referring to antibody test nor pcr.
Antibody test positive certified you overcame the virus.
I wonder whether this is enough to avoid vacination for a while, six months as fas as I heard

XTang

They won't rely on antibody test for entry into Saudi.  You will have to quarantine.  Once you have done that, then you can try approaching MOH to upload your recovery status in Tawakkalna using that test.  This may or may not work.

carlos morales68

Hi Mona. I'm in tge same situation as you. Business Visa
My company has been renewing my Visa online so far.
You don't need to get ot of the country at all.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Möna

Yes, thank you for that. I am just renewing it online now.
Thank god for the internet!

LennyOlaya

Hi Carlos. As anybody else clarifying about to exit after 3months, I am on a Business Visa and have been told by Jawazat that i have to leave the Kingdom for 24hrs/48hrs . Twice I have had to renew it here in Khobar, but this time they not accepting this.

My problem as with Mona, I have been refused the Covid-19 vaccination and it is impossible to enter Bahrain without such vaccination. They require at least 1 dose.

I commented yesterday that its coming soon, that people who have not had at least 1 dose of vaccine, would not be allowed to enter Malls, cafes, restaurants or even go to work.

Scary,,, but its coming our way.

Would like to have some honest feedback.

Regards

Len

Möna

Len,
How did you manage to get your business visa re validated in Khobar?
Was this an exception for you, or would they do it for anybody?
Mona

XTang
LennyOlaya wrote:

I commented yesterday that its coming soon, that people who have not had at least 1 dose of vaccine, would not be allowed to enter Malls, cafes, restaurants or even go to work.

Scary,,, but its coming our way.

Would like to have some honest feedback.

Regards

Len

You can enter Bahrain with a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours.  But without being vaccinated, you are required to quarantine for 10 days.

You can go somewhere else but when coming back to Saudi, you have to do institutional quarantine for 7 days after purchasing a package.

As far as what's coming, from August 1, all the things you are mentioning, will take place.  The Government has already announced it.

I think you need to understand a few points as to why it is taking so long for the Government to devise a protocol for people such as yourself:

1) Your visa types do NOT allow you to work in the Kingdom nor are you counted as residents - you are supposed to be coming for business meetings, exhibitions and the like; and when that is finished, leave.  However, companies habitually abuse these visas to bring people in for actual jobs as getting a work visa is a cumbersome process. And the people who are brought in this way, continue in this situation for ages........not being able to get a bank account, health insurance etc etc. The Government is very aware of it and actively discourages this practice through labor crackdowns from time to time.  However, this still continues and at any other time i.e. outside of Covid, it is a preferred situation for individuals as you don't need permission through exit re-entry to leave etc......I was on a similar visa for more than a year prior to actually getting an Iqama.  During Covid, being on these types of visas is a killer.....vaccines, travel restrictions etc.
2) The Government is prioritizing vaccines for citizens and residents i.e. people who live here full time.  Officially, you do not fall under that category.  And while the Government is aware of this practice, this category is pretty much way down on the list of priorities to get a vaccine - no one cares if you can't enter workplaces as you are not supposed to be doing any work on these visa types in the first place (if you wanted to come to Saudi for meetings, you would have gotten vaccinated in your legal place of residence....just like the business consultants who fly into Riyadh every week from Dubai).......see their thinking? smile.png

Eventually it will happen once they have catered to everyone else but don't think that you are a priority i.e. they are worried about you not being able to enter malls and the like.....because they are not.  If anything, it is in their interest to NOT give people like you vaccines so as to encourage employers to get you onto Iqamas (And pay huge fees) or to send you back (opening jobs up for nationals).

I think it is a shame as the bureaucratic process and / or company short cut, for an Iqama leads to people being in this situation.  No fault of the individuals themselves.

There you go, honest feedback........you may not like it though.

LennyOlaya

Hi Mona, yes it was done through the Jawazat office in Khobar. It was sheer luck, maybe the charm of our Public Relations guy.

But this time no chances..

So how are you getting on with the vaccination? Any leads on that??

Rgds
Len

wraith allaga

I'm on Business Visit Visa and got Vaccinated in Dammam.

Now I'm waiting for the vaccine record to appear on my tawakkalna.

Möna

Sir,
I

Möna

Sir,
I have been trying to get vaccinated , i also have a business visa.
Can you tell me where in Dammam you got vaccinated?
I will aprecuste it.
Many thanks,
Möna.

Arsal7
Möna wrote:

Sir,
I will aprecuste it.
Many thanks,
Möna.

If you are unable to make an appointment with government hospitals/vaccination centres then you can go for private hospitals.  It will cost 150 SAR.
Try Saudi German Hospital in Dammam.
And if you really want to get free vaccination just send me a message and i will get you an appointment in Dammam or Riyadh.

Möna

I am extremely grateful.
Much obliged!

wraith allaga
Möna wrote:

Sir,
I will aprecuste it.
Many thanks,
Möna.

We got it at ICC from Dammam, it was arrange by our PRO.

LennyOlaya

Hi Arsal7
Good morning from Al Khobar
Same situation here, on a Business Visa.

Connect with me here please.

Kind Regards

Len

kooolan

Saudi German hospital is not providing vaccination facility. This info is misleading.

LennyOlaya

Xtang thanks for your reply, although you seemed to be very sharp  in your reply.. So you were also in the same boat as me, on a business visa and was transferred to Iqama.. Good to know .

FYI am not gainfully employed by anybody. And I certainly do know what a business visa is all about. But anyway, thanks for your clarification.

And FYI mate, I have been vaccinated. YES,ON A BUSINESS VISA. Thanks for your valuable input for so many others on this platform.

Keep being brilliant , stay safe and well mate

LPR

XTang

I wasn't sharp, sorry if it came across that way.  I was trying to be straightforward.

Good that you got vaccinated.  I was explaining the standard process which doesn't exist for visit visa holders. If you know people or even show up and are able to charm the staff (which didn't work for you), you can get it.

To give an example, I got my second dose today. But I am not going to go out and tell people that second dose is possible today.  In this part of the world, there are always exceptions..... But not everyone can benefit from them.... So better to comment on norms.

Arsal7
kooolan wrote:

Saudi German hospital is not providing vaccination facility. This info is misleading.

Thanks for correction.
I heard they were doing this. Maybe it was wrong information.

asadsayy

Hello guys,

I am on a Family visit visa in Riyadh and have been getting it extended every 90 days even after visa expiration a few months ago due to the COVID situation.
I want to get vaccinated ASAP can someone please share if there is a way to get vaccinated even if it involves paying a premium.

Would really appreciate any support or any leads from anyone.

Thank you so much!

Möna

Does anyone happen to know if an appointment is required to get a business visa extended at the Dammam Passport Office?
It is impossible to get legit information from official sources, even to such basic questions as this...
Thanks!

kumailmohd110

hello this is mohammad kumail my question is I'm working As a Draughtsman in Saudi Arabia my contract finish 20th June 2021 I have opportunity so how can transfer other company without permission current.

mailmeksyed
LennyOlaya wrote:

Xtang thanks for your reply, although you seemed to be very sharp  in your reply.. So you were also in the same boat as me, on a business visa and was transferred to Iqama.. Good to know .

FYI am not gainfully employed by anybody. And I certainly do know what a business visa is all about. But anyway, thanks for your clarification.

And FYI mate, I have been vaccinated. YES,ON A BUSINESS VISA. Thanks for your valuable input for so many others on this platform.

Keep being brilliant , stay safe and well mate

LPR

Hello Lenn,
Were you able to manage vaccinated certificate on business visa one of my friend is struggling to get it, he got first shot during initial days of vaccination.

On tawakalna app it shows vaccinated but he doesn't have valid certification from moh and sehaty app doesn't allow him for registration.
Provide your feedback .

musaddiq82
XTang wrote:

I wasn't sharp, sorry if it came across that way.  I was trying to be straightforward.

Good that you got vaccinated.  I was explaining the standard process which doesn't exist for visit visa holders. If you know people or even show up and are able to charm the staff (which didn't work for you), you can get it.

To give an example, I got my second dose today. But I am not going to go out and tell people that second dose is possible today.  In this part of the world, there are always exceptions..... But not everyone can benefit from them.... So better to comment on norms.

About the second dose, did you have to search for an appointment same as for the first dose; or you got notified for eligibility ? any insights ? I am about to travel but I have only one dose for now; I m hoping to get the second one before I travel so it would be hopefully easy to return.

XTang

I think I was very clear in my response i.e. it is not currently open for the public.   My case is very simple - wasta.  If you have it, get it done.  If you don't, wait for second dose to open for all public.

maxgui

I'm Italian and in the same Mona situation. Very scared.

Möna

I was told that Suliman Habib Hospital in Khobar are vaccinating people irrespective of their visa status.
However, personally I can't verify that.
My situation is still unresolved.
I hope MOH will clarify the policy before 1st August.

tylermatthewsullivan

Any updates?

I’m worried I won’t be let in the Dammam airport to fly home to the US with a PCR test.

The August 1st change is extremely vague.

Möna

Please bear in mind that the vaccine is only mandatory for Iqama holders.
If you are on a visa, as it stands IMO, you have no legal obligation to get vaccinated.
The regulations refer to Iqama holders rather than "people" in general.

I have had no issues accessing public places since 1st August, even thou I remain unvaccinated.
I either don't get challenged, or I say the same as I have said above.

You must be allowed to access the airport. It is a ridiculous situation if the authorities stop you from leaving the country even thou they don't require you to get vaccinated as a visa holder.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles