Menu
Expat.com

Looking for a job of a Driver

Last activity 18 May 2023 by OsageArcher

katmichael7

What are the most popular jobs in Ecuador?
For the Driver jobs, which are the good employers or companies where the employees can confirtably work?

cccmedia

Dear Katmichael,

Welcome to the Ecuador forums of Expat.com ...

It appears you have not provided enough information to allow us to assist you in pursuing a job as a motor vehicle driver.

If you post again, please answer the following questions...

1.  You are a citizen of Uganda currently residing in Ecuador.  That is what your Expat.com profile indicates.  Is that correct?

2.  What is your status with ANT (motor vehicles department)?  For instance, do you have an Ecuadorian drivers license?

3.  How much Spanish do you speak?

4.  How well do you know the roads and landmarks of your intended city in Ecuador?

5.  Besides English and the language(s) of Uganda, what language(s) do you speak fluently?

cccmedia in Quito

katmichael7

I am a citizen and residing in Uganda, I've  never gone to any outside country. So that is not correct.
I am a male Ugandan Driver holding a Ugandan Driving License, with the experience of 16years Driving commercial Trucks in my country Uganda.
For the foreign languages, I speak English only.

cccmedia

Ecuador is in the early stages of making an economic recovery.

This week an estimated 10,000 workers and their supporters staged demonstrations here in the capital and other major cities of Ecuador.  The events were generally peaceful and turnout was far less than the 50,000 that the organizers would have preferred.  Still, labor leaders are planning for future demonstrations of greater size to protest the current conditions that labor faces. Their thinking is that the pandemic suppressed turnout for this first protest against the new government.

----

As one might expect, native Ecuadorians and fluent Spanish speakers are at an advantage when it comes to obtaining what jobs in the trucking business may become available.

I refer you to the Wikipedia page for Countries and Territories Where English Is An Official Language.

There are scores of such countries and territories where an English-speaker might not be saddled with the disadvantages you might encounter in Ecuador.

The only country in mainland South America where English is considered official is Guyana, whereas there are various such countries on your continent of Africa.

cccmedia in Quito

johnnycash6688

@katmichael7

I live in Minnesota and used to drive coach busses in Phoenix az. Never had any incidents or DWI s. Am looking for part time driving job please let me know.

OsageArcher
@katmichael7
I live in Minnesota and used to drive coach busses in Phoenix az. Never had any incidents or DWI s. Am looking for part time driving job please let me know.
-@johnnycash6688

A foreigner looking for ANY job in Ecuador is not likely to have success unless you have a scarce skill that is in high demand and can speak fluent Spanish.  Driving jobs are pretty much reserved for Ecuadorians, there is a lot of competition for them.  Also you would have to take a written and hands-on driving test for an ordinary or commercial license, all in Spanish.

Here is a site in Spanish talking about the type of licenses needed for various vehicles:

https://simuladorant.net/tipos-de-licen … en-ecuador

Here is a site in English about how to get an ordinary non-commercial drivers license in Ecuador:

https://www.life-in-ecuador.com/drivers … uador.html

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ecuador

• Work in Ecuador
    Work in Ecuador

Ecuador is famous as a retirement haven. But you might not want to wait until retirement age to move there and ...

• Work in Cuenca
    Work in Cuenca

There is no doubt that the Spanish colonial city of Cuenca is a wonderful place to call home, as demonstrated by ...

• Work in Quito
    Work in Quito

‘I quit! Quito here I come!’ How tempting it might be to say those words to your boss and answer the ...

• Work in Guayaquil
    Work in Guayaquil

Here’s a look at the potential professional avenues for an expatriate in the fast-evolving Ecuadorian city ...

• Food in Ecuador
    Food in Ecuador

What kind of food will you find in restaurants, cafes, and private homes in Ecuador? Many restaurants in Ecuador ...

• Family and children in Ecuador
    Family and children in Ecuador

Family is everything to an Ecuadorian. The extended family unit is the most important aspect of life in Ecuador, ...

• Healthcare in Ecuador
    Healthcare in Ecuador

Ecuador, as a fast-developing nation, has laws that are constantly evolving, but one thing is certain: the ongoing ...

All of Ecuador's guide articles