Menu
Expat.com

Is there any new update on Qiwa ?

Last activity 02 September 2021 by saqayyum2000

George K46

The Qiwa system asks for current employer approval for a job transfer.

I have a paper job contract that ends next week currently I am in the notice period. My iqama expires on Dec first week.

Even if a new employer sends a request in Qiwa after contract expiry, it will ask for the current employer's approval.

According to the latest Saudi laws, after the contract we can directly transfer, but how do I do that ?

My current employer has no will to grant me a transfer.

Sissy Rhodz

You cant just ignore your current employer if you want to transfer specialy they have the power to give you exit visa, but in some cases you can transfer without current employer approval if you dont have valid contrat, expired iqama, red nitaqat.

Even if you are finished contract they have the right to reject your transfer request but you can do something, convince them or let your new employer negogiate with them or go to labour to seek a good advice based on your situation.

Anoop123

Thanks, I heard if new employer have good records in Qiwa the request will be auto approved with 90 days notice period.

Is it also true that after iqama expiry we can direct transfer within 3 days?

Arsal7

Current employer needs to terminate the contract in GOSI.
Otherwise, it will consider valid contract.
But if he had uploaded the contract PDF in GOSI then your contract will be finished on the specified date.

saqayyum2000
George K46 wrote:

The Qiwa system asks for current employer approval for a job transfer.

I have a paper job contract that ends next week currently I am in the notice period. My iqama expires on Dec first week.

Even if a new employer sends a request in Qiwa after contract expiry, it will ask for the current employer's approval.

According to the latest Saudi laws, after the contract we can directly transfer, but how do I do that ?

My current employer has no will to grant me a transfer.

What is the latest Saudi law? have you read it ? pls do read and understand. Current employer is still your boss even if contract is expired, he is your boss untill you iqama is expired for more then 2 month,  one month delay is grace time and one month he can pay penalty to screw you only. and yes if though your contract is finished that doesn't mean you can pack your bags and leave for new company, it requires a proper paper work and NOC that you have completed your contract and you have received complete EOSB.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles