Regarding medical fitness test for bahrain

Hi everyone
I want to move from uae to bahrain. I have valid visa of UAE.
I want to know that for gcc residents also mandatory to do medical fitness test or no.
And what's the test the need please guide me

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear,

You have not mentioned what kind of visa you are going to apply for. If you are going to apply for a Visit visa - A medical test is not required. If you are going for an employment or Investor visa (LMRA) when you are outside Bahrain. You need a medical test in UAE and a medical test after you enter Bahrain as well.

If you are going for an employment or Investor visa (LMRA) when you are inside Bahrain. You need a medical test in Bahrain only.

If you are applying for a self-sponsored Visa - Property/Investment. You will not be required any kind of medical test.

One company give me offer letter and they submit my d9c through LMRA.
Now I have to do medical fitness test here in Dubai also or only thare in Bahrain.
Which kind of test will be required there

There are two medical tests you will need to do, one is pre-arrival and the second is upon arrival.  It doesn't matter whether you are a GCC resident or not.

Can you explain please what does mean two test.

What kind of test will be in pre arrival and before arrival just need your help.
And another thing if for hcv PCR negative and total antibody is positive then the test will be consider fail or pass if you know please guide me

All you need to know is here:

https://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/203

You will do the test in the UAE as per the above guidelines from a private clinic (As no GAMCA there - go to the link which says Non GAMCA check up form which needs to be filled out by the hospital and stamped. I did it from Welcare Knowledge village when I was moving) and send the report to your employer.  When you arrive, you will have to do practically the same tests again. If marked as UNFIT, you won't be able to work here and would need to leave.

As a rule of thumb, if you have any infectious disease like Hep B and Hep C, the only country in the GCC, where you have a chance, is the UAE.  They stopped banning (and even testing for most professions) for Hep C and for Hep B, you can get a visa if you are not in 6 profession categories.  For the rest of GCC, it is a big no no.   So my advice to you, if you have Hep C, is to stay in the UAE and do not come to Bahrain. PCR test does not matter, only antibody test counts.

See extract from LMRA guidelines (it is in the link I pasted):

Rules for considering unfit for work:
The following condition are considered unfit for work for new expatriates with new work visa, Bahraini worker and domestic work:

A –Infectious
HCV positive

Ok thanks for information.
But you know the PCR is more accurate test.
I did vaccination and did treatment for hcv also.
Infectious is finished but body already produced antibody which will be forever.
I want to talk to you if you can share ur what's up number please.

I know PCR is more accurate. What you are not understanding is that the rules and regulations of most gcc countries ask for an antibody test. This, in your case, will always be positive.  They are looking for evidence of infection and not current viral load. And that is enough for them to deny you a visa.  I suggest you disclose your status to your employer and see what they say.

Generally, there are no exceptions to the rule. And I have only come across 1 or 2 (for past TB, not Hep) for some very senior people and the process involved a whole lot of wasta and close working with MOIC/MOH as well as immigration.

You can ask me your questions in private message. My advice to you, would be to forget Bahrain.

Lastly, medically speaking, there is no current vaccine for Hep C.  I think you are confusing it with Hep B or A vaccine.

I did vaccination for B.
Can you tell me the 6 profession where can get if positive also. I have offer from pharmaceutical industry.
Can you share your what's up number please

1) You can ask your questions in private message. I don't share my number on the forums
2) The 6 professions I mentioned are for the UAE ONLY and relate to Hep B.  There is no such thing for Bahrain.... For either Hep B or Hep C

Kindly read what I have already stated and don't confuse yourself between the countries.   As I already said, being Hep C positive, your only real chance to work is in UAE, not in Bahrain.

Ok
Send me message from there I already share my number with you plz

@Xtang can you please help me with this:

I am from a countries with no Certified medical center, (non GAMCA certified center), I have done my medical checkup and stamped from the Hospital , but I was wondering if I must certify the document at the Ministry of Health of my country or the Bahraini Embassy  before sending it? Or should I just send it with the Hospital stamp and it is fine?

Just send it with the hospital stamp i.e. scan to your employer.  It should work.  But keep originals with you in case they do ask for attestation.

Hi My sponsor In Bahrain Requesting  to do medical check up from Government hospital in Dubai and send me form to fill it by the hospital please let me know what is hospital can do it !

@XTang what was the charges for all the tests in welcare ?

I don't remember.   Maybe 1000 AED in total back then.   In any case, my employer reimbursed me.
1000 aed in Zia medical Centre

Is it possible to do a medical test while in Bahrain on a visit visa and then exit the country in order to apply for a investor permit and visa using this test (in order to avoid double testing)?

No. You come on a visit visa, do the test, DO NOT EXIT the country, apply for changing visit visa to investor visa.

You exit after doing this test and without changing status, you will have to do the test AGAIN when you enter on investor visa.

@XTang Yesterday I'm complete my pre employment medical in Bahrain. I have too much blood in urine. Im afraid of unfit in the test. If I'm unfit what will be the next step...can i try again

Just follow the process and see.  Don't waste time overthinking.