Menu
Expat.com

Relocation to Belize

Last activity 03 April 2022 by Rado74

VoyagerSirene

Good evening everyone,

I hope all would be well.  Looking at options to move coastal in Belize.  Housing, vacant land to build upon.  Perfer to be close to the ocean as I would be a waterbug love of the sea and nature.  All help would be truly appreciated, looking to take a trip down hopefully in November and would love information on safe area's that would be coastal, housing prices for these area.  If you would have a direct sight for crime in these regions would be appreciated.  Stay safe and healthy  cheers.png

Ray4s1

Safe coastal areas in Belize from north to south are: Mayan Seaside community, Consejo Shores, Corozal town, Cerros Sands, Orchid Bay development, Sartenaja Village, Hopkins Village, Maya Beach and Placencia. In each of these location you will be able to find both empty lots to build on as well as already built homes for sale. There is a wide range of prices with the major factor being how close to the water the property is.

I avail myself for any specific questions you may have.

Best regards,

Ray4s1

Diane Doninger

Hello out there!  I am from Chicago area and wanting to relocate somewhere near Consejo Shores area.  Lover of nature and water.  I am thinking of a permanent place to retire in 4 years but interested in possible purchase before a full time move.  Any insights would be appreciated!  I am a very active person (golf, tennis, scuba, biking, hiking) - is there enough to keep me active and busy but at a much slower pace lol?  Thank you in advance!

Rado74

Ahoj, jsem ze střední Evropy. Jsem pedagog a s rodinou uvažujeme o přestěhování do Belize. Manželka je zdravotní sestra. Oba milujeme přírodu a klid. z důvodu neznalosti anglického jazyka se chceme zaměřit na zemědělství.

We are thinking about buying a plot of land with a farm. I also admit the possibility of buying land and I will build the house myself. Is it necessary to build a timber house permit from the office? Too much bureaucracy? I wonder if it is realistic to live in the conditions of Belize from one's own agricultural activities. Do you need a permit to sell your own product or product on the market or directly from the court? We are not planning a large farm, just for our own consumption and maybe some product for sale. Any forum member from Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland? Thank you.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Belize

• Relocating to Belize
    Relocating to Belize

Moving is always a big project, but an international move requires special considerations. If you have decided to ...

• Moving with your pet to Belize
    Moving with your pet to Belize

If you have pets and are planning to move to Belize or make an extended visit, you will almost certainly want to ...

• Using phones in Belize
    Using phones in Belize

Belize has a national telecommunications company, Belize Telemedia, Limited, and several mobile phone companies ...

• Connecting to the internet in Belize
    Connecting to the internet in Belize

Belize enjoys decent internet coverage. Unfortunately it is slow and expensive. The country has many internet ...

• How to drive in Belize
    How to drive in Belize

In Belize, you can drive with an international driver's license, and you can often drive with a license from ...

• Where's the Beef?
    Where's the Beef?

Before visiting Belize to determine if it was a country we could permanently relocate to, we did an awful lot of ...

• Sports in Belize
    Sports in Belize

Sport has always been a part of Belizean life. Although the country does not have a lot in terms of professional ...

• Banking in Belize
    Banking in Belize

Belize was once known to be a real banking haven, a place where banking secrecy was guaranteed. The situation ...

All of Belize's guide articles