Fire bricks or pizza stone

Hello, does anyone know where in Costa Rica or more specifically Guanacaste I could find fire bricks to make a rustic pizza oven or at the very least a large pizza stone?

Sorry, can't help with the larger scale model but my Gozney Roccbox, well, rocks! I make pizzas now that are better than I can buy locally. And being gas powered it can get to 900 degrees faster than a wood burner (though they do have that option also).

I purchased a pizza stone a few years ago from the 'Do It Center'  in Liberia, It promptly broke  during use when used on our BBQ, and never bothered to try another.  A friend built an oven alongside his Tico worker and has had no problems using in his very popular AIRbnb where he has used it for many years.

Have you tried using a non glazed/terra cotta  tile?

kohlerias wrote:

It promptly broke  during use when used on our BBQ, and never bothered to try another.

We put our Himalayan Salt block on the stove as there were reports of being able to cook on them.

It promptly blew up, sending salt everywhere. Good times...

You can find them in San Jose, it is called Ladrillera la Uruca or in Guanacaste at La Cantera (a bit more expensive).
I am building an oven for myself near Samara

Awesome, thank you

@leolazar

How did your pizza oven build go?  Would love to learn more.

@leolazar

Hello,  would like to fi d out how your build went. Looking to build my own.