Good Motorcycle Insurance?

Plan to move to the PH and retire in a month or so, and I was wondering if there were any motorcycle insurance similar to what we have in the States?

What I mean is more coverage to protect you and the bike since the blame/cause is usually placed on the foreigner.

I have searched online, and the coverage is pretty low and I don't know how reliable/good the company is.

If you know a good company, please let me know.

BTW, I have over 55+years riding and all license requirements.

I use an insurance broker to obtain coverage for my vehicles in the Philippines, for the reasons you state - to get reasonably adequate limits, although you cannot go nearly as high as in the States. I think max liability is $25 or $50K. I also do it to ensure that if I hit someone they will get enough to cover reasonable medical costs and other expenses, and it would be easy to do with people walking across the roads and crazy drivers.

We have full coverage/highest limits on our car, for about 15K/year ($300) and when I had a 650cc bike a few years ago that was another 5 or 10K (I forget). They usually use Standard Insurance (a reputable company), but it varies because they shop for the best rate.  Side note -  if your US company finds out you're living in the Philippines they will cancel your US umbrella policy, DAMHIK..

My GF has had a couple of minor incidents and the company always paid in full, no issues. The broker is a small family firm but the owners are extremely knowledgeable and well-respected in Cebu, and one is an attorney who has given us excellent advice when we had some title issues with a used car purchase. It always pays to use professionals in my opinion, especially in the Philippines. They have been very helpful and even handle our registration for us, saving the hassle.

They are located in Cebu City - if you're headed here, feel free to PM me if you want contact info. Otherwise you have an idea what to look for.

I just purchased a new moped yesterday and would like to know the same... shopping now for insurance.

Dipolog/ipil, Mindanao

@pnwcyclist i to am interested in his contact info....thanks

A little like one of the workers here that was killed while riding home on his bike and a jeepney pulled out in front of him, left a young wife and 2 kids, no payouts and now his family struggles with no income, sure the guy never had insurance but the jeepney drive in the wrong never had either and is hiding in the bowels of the jungle apparently, Aside? Testing insurance companies here for the pittance they offer over the fees? You can see why none here have insurance, we have on the car but bike insurance is more than the car.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl "You can see why none here have insurance, we have on the car but bike insurance is more than the car.

Cheers, Steve. "

-@bigpearl

As a car driver, I can see why mc insurance is higher. Here in Dumaguete it appears that most mc drivers are suicidal. They come out of nowhere into the middle of traffic and pass you on the right just as you are making a right turn. They try to guess where the car is going to go next but sometimes the guess wrong, thus we have the jeepney tragedy you mentioned. Coming home today a mc driver almost slammed into the right side if our car because he thought my wife would change lanes to let him in but she didn't...she is a woman driver that cannot be intimidated.

Not suicidal Dan, ignorant and car drivers can be just as bad.

Cheers, Steve.

Not suicidal Dan, ignorant and car drivers can be just as bad.
Cheers, Steve.
-@bigpearl

Hmmm....no, I still say suicidal. They pull out in front of traffic and hope everybody in cars, busses and trucks will hit the brakes but they also know some are not paying attention. This is particularly bad after sunset. As for car drivers, people are totally enclosed in metal and the speeds are so low that they are almost completely protected so that that would be ineffective as a means for self-termination. As for the quality of their driving I must agree it is terrible but I do believe most car drivers tend to have licenses. I know for sure that most local mc drivers do not have licenses because when going to Siquijor we had to assemble the vax cards and govt id's of our construction crew (people who work fir a living) and 3 out of 11 did not have DL's and had to use a different id like an old student id from high school.

You can see why none here have insurance, we have on the car but bike insurance is more than the car.
Cheers, Steve.
-@bigpearl

Well I had it on my big bike and it wasn't that expensive, but of course limits are only around 1M peso - about $18-20K USD. Still, it's certainly better than nothing and if a motorbike were my primary mode of transportation, I would have it. on that too. Way better than nothing if someone is killed or injured and faces hospital bills.

I sent the contact info of my insurance agency to those who requested above.

The passing on the right is what drives me nuts. It IS suicidal, as that's generally where all the conflicts occur - jeepneys stopping, people pulling in from the right without even looking, cars turning right, etc.

Most people in the PI and other Southeast Asian countries learn to ride a motorbike at an early age and have no formal training, as mentioned above.