Lease land- how and where to find options

Lotus Eater said . . . . To quote Donald Rumsfeld ' there are knowns, unknowns & known unknowns' lol.

Rumsfield was responsible for bad advice to Lyndon Johnson to expand the Vietnam war.

Rumsfield was one of the chief advisor for the long extended wars under President Bush in Iraq & Afghanistan.

Rumsfield never found a war he didn't like.

I wonder how Donald Rumsfeld came into leasing land/property in the Philippines.

While I have seen for lease signs on properties over the years they are usually commercial or industrial sites and not where one would choose to live, residential leases are scarce/non existent. Beachfront property never, only for sale. Purchase the property with a partner if applicable or a third party you can trust implicitly for a 25 + 25 year lease and a wrapped up legal lease and encumber the title with the lease, a long road but some have little choice,,,,,, like me.

Cheers, Steve. 

@bigpearl Recently I saw a FB post on "Siquijor forum" where an owner was advertising lots to lease though I couldn't easily dig it up again. But it makes sense, people who own land in high tourist areas may want to lease rather than sell due to quickly rising land values and also foreigners often live at those locations and cannot buy land.  I auppose there may be owners in Boracay and other tourist areas willing to lease. I have found by experience that most real estate activity here is conducted over FB marketplace. That is where I would start, perhaps accepting that tourist locations where lots of foreigners are also resident may offer the most options. I am not sure if FB marketplace gives you an option to focus on certain marketplaces.

@bigpearl Recently I saw a FB post on "Siquijor forum" where an owner was advertising lots to lease though I couldn't easily dig it up again. But it makes sense, people who own land in high tourist areas may want to lease rather than sell due to quickly rising land values and also foreigners often live at those locations and cannot buy land.  I auppose there may be owners in Boracay and other tourist areas willing to lease. I have found by experience that most real estate activity here is conducted over FB marketplace. That is where I would start, perhaps accepting that tourist locations where lots of foreigners are also resident may offer the most options. I am not sure if FB marketplace gives you an option to focus on certain marketplaces.

-@danfinn

Thanks Dan, good info for others as we are already set up here now for 7 years.

Cheers, Steve,

@bigpearl Yes, sorry, the message was for others, not @bigpearl👍

All good Dan, the message needs to be out there for the unwary to not fall into the traps, that's what expat sites are for, sharing. taking the piss and the odd disagreement. We are all adults.

Cheers, Steve.

danfinn said to big pearl... Yes, sorry, the message was for others, not @bigpearl👍

Same thing with me Dan, your message #39 was directed to me, for what reason I do not know.

danfinn said to big pearl... Yes, sorry, the message was for others, not @bigpearl👍
Same thing with me Dan, your message #39 was directed to me, for what reason I do not know.

-@Enzyte Bob

Where you said in message #31 that I've been digesting this thread. . . ., it seemed to be an opportunity for me to relate another unsual experience 'to digest' but again, my content was focused on the group and not directed at you. I can see that "using" comments like that to contribute to the thread can be very confusing and bad etiquette so I will not do that anymore. Sorry about that.

@coach53

is the lit still for sale ?

@coach53still have  each lots ?

@rlmcar55that is a foregnier rich region so like  akati snd other highly thought out areas prices will be high .

yet i seen sone 70p per meter lots in ilocus norte