SRRV Payments

I thought the DD 214 had to be apostilled.

Maybe that's only if you start the process in the US.

To avoid going to Manila, I requested the local (Cabanatuan, Central Luzon) NBI office to receive the clearance.  There was a small shipping charge for this, however, it greatly added to the total processing time.

From application to receiving the NBI clearance was four months.

Other SRRV paperwork needing to be notarized was handled through an embassy outreach in Angeles City.  This was a crowded, busy affair being the first outreach since COVID.  Patience was needed, and rewarded.  The embassy outreach manager announcing, "We will make time for every request."

With understanding, patience, and documentation your SRRV application will succeed!

You can't do your application at the Cebu or Davao office? When you submit your application you have to pay the fee. In the Manila office they will take pesos (they go down to the lobby to the BDO there and convert them, or I guess you could stop there and do it yourself. But you never know with the banks here). Don't forget to ask about the Interpol clearance.

I can't envision bank personnel doing that in the US. 1f60e.svg Not even if they messed up your account and had you put in jail for 20 years and realized they made a mistake...probably a form letter saying we corrected the mistake and have put the money back into your account...minus bank charges.

Question; When you did you NBI did they allow you to put your middle name in the middle name block? When I did mine in Manila they said I don't have a middle name and to put it in the same block as my first name. SMH And of course being the PI you can't just change the application, you have to make a new one. And this also means you have to pay the fee again.

As far as dealing with the government (any government) the PRA is easy going and pleasant in my experience.

@Moon Dog why not work with a fixer and all the problems solved. All the people working there were probably fixers. This whole country is corrupt and especially immigration. Fixers seem like the normal process here. I had to pay 10,000 pesos and had everything done within two days. But this was for a 13a married visa. But well worth the money. I had an interview the very next day, then the NBI fingerprinted me right after that same day, No medical exam!! Submitted all the photos and copies the next day (whatever they needed) and then waited for my temporary 13a resident card which took about 3 months. This was during the pandemic so it probably would have been short time if not for COVID. Oh Btw, I live in Cebu.

@NN3M/DU3 I did the NBI clearance yesterday in Tacloban City. The trip to Manila is to have an "affidavit of undertaking" pertaining to my DD214 and Social Security letter notarized at the US Embassy.

@arty5987 If a Philippine Retirement Authority fixer existed I would use them.

@pilotdrh I entered my middle name when I created the account with the NBI.

On the to do list Mary Rose sent me there is nothing about the FBI or Interpol clearance. Were you in the Philippines less than 6 months when you did your SRRV?

@bigstar1208 The US Embassy in the Philippines will not apostille or notarize your DD214 or SS Letter. They will (hopefully) notarize an affidavit of undertaking, whatever that is. My PRA agent says it is acceptable if notarized at the US Embassy.

@ arty5987

Welcome to the forum.

I would question suggesting using a fixer on an open forum as that's illegal, possibly monitored and if the fit hits the shan one could be deported or worse jailed. You don't want to spend years in a jail here,

I have been knocking around here for 13 years and never had a problem with immi nor the process.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

@Moon Dog The embassy will notarize your affidavit but it is not an affidavit if undertaking. It's like this.

On this ____ day of ____________, _____

I, __________________, swear and attest that the attached document is a true, correct, and unaltered copy of my original social security benefits verification letter, to which I am the documents custodian, named therein; and that I presented the original of the attached document (s) to the undersigned notary public as satisfactory evidence.

(Affiant Signature)

The affidavit of undertaking will be notarized at the PRA. Another fee of course. But if you already have your notaries from the embassy you won't need the ones at the PRA.

@pilotdrh I entered my middle name when I created the account with the NBI.
On the to do list Mary Rose sent me there is nothing about the FBI or Interpol clearance. Were you in the Philippines less than 6 months when you did your SRRV?
-@Moon Dog

I had been here about 9 months when I did it. I did the FBI as my police clearance. But I read that you may be able to use an Interpol clearance instead.

@Moon Dog The embassy will notarize your affidavit but it is not an affidavit if undertaking. It's like this.
I, __________________, swear and attest that the attached document is a true, correct, and unaltered copy of my original social security benefits verification letter, to which I am the documents custodian, named therein; and that I presented the original of the attached document (s) to the undersigned notary public as satisfactory evidence.

The affidavit of undertaking will be notarized at the PRA. Another fee of course. But if you already have your notaries from the embassy you won't need the ones at the PRA.
-@pilotdrh

Thanks, that's good stuff. I was asking if I was the one to write the affidavit but she did not answer. Looks like I need one for each document. Mary Rose is not asking for FBI clearance. I will have been here 2 years next month.

-@pilotdrh
Thanks, that's good stuff. I was asking if I was the one to write the affidavit but she did not answer. Looks like I need one for each document. Mary Rose is not asking for FBI clearance. I will have been here 2 years next month.
-@Moon Dog

Police clearance is on the requirements form. You can always do another AoU for it in case they ask. I don't know how their account auditing is to catch missing items. If you're going to print use A4 paper. I think I originally got these from MR.

AFFIDAVIT OF UNDERTAKING

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:

I, _______________________________, of legal age, ____________citizen and a

resident of ______________________________________________________________

after having been duly sworn in accordance with the law, hereby depose and state that:

1. I am applying for a Special Retiree Resident in the Philippine Retirement Authority

2. Such SRRV will be issued under the condition that I will submit my apostille Pension Certification within a period of 1 year from the date of issuance of the SRRV.

3. I agree to make good this promise, to submit the apostille Pension Certification within the period allowed and my failure to do so shall be ground for the cancellation of my SRRV.

4. This affidavit is executed to make known this voluntary undertaking and for any other legal purpose this might serve.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this _______________day of ____________________20________, in the City of __________________, Philippines.

Signature over Printed Name

AFFIANT

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me this _______________________________ at

___________________. Affiant exhibited to me ___________________________issued on

____________________ at _____________________and his Passport No _______________

issued on_____________________________ at ___________________________________

NOTARY PUBLIC

Doc:Page:

Book:

Series of:

AFFIDAVIT OF UNDERTAKING

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:

I, _______________________________, of legal age, ____________citizen and a

resident of ______________________________________________________________

after having been duly sworn in accordance with the law, hereby depose and state that:

1. I am applying for a Special Retiree Resident in the Philippine Retirement Authority

2. Such SRRV will issued under the condition that I will submit my apostille DD214 within a period of 1 year from the date of issuance of the SRRV.

3. I agree to make good this promise, to submit the apostille DD214 within the period allowed and my failure to do so shall be ground for the cancellation of my SRRV.

4. This affidavit is executed to make known this voluntary undertaking and for any other legal purpose this might serve.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this _______________day of ____________________20________, in the City of __________________, Philippines.

Signature over Printed Name

AFFIANT

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me this _______________________________ at

___________________. Affiant exhibited to me ___________________________issued on

____________________ at _____________________and his Passport No _______________

issued on_____________________________ at ___________________________________

NOTARY PUBLIC

Doc:Page:

Book:

Series of:

@pilotdrh Very good stuff, thanks. It does say police clearance is required. How did you get yours?

@pilotdrh Very good stuff, thanks. It does say police clearance is required. How did you get yours?
-@Moon Dog

What I would do is ask MR about the interpol clearance. If that's a no go then you can do it through the FBI online. The only issues with that are getting the fingerprints done here (or you can do them yourself) and shipping the form back to the FBI. I tried to get them done at the PNP office next to the main NBI office after I finished my clearance stuff. They said I need a letter from the embassy. I told them it doesn't have anything to do with the embassy. Then they said the printed fingerprint cards wouldn't work, I have to have real fingerprint cards. So I said the FBI sent these to me and said to print them out. Then they were back to the embassy letter. So I left. Went down to the PNP at the Taguig city hall and asked them to do it, no problem. The FBI said I could do my own prints...too bad they won't just let me print, scan and email.  That's basically what they did at the local cop shop in GA for my weapons carry license, minus the printing. Then once they send the clearance email back to you print it and send it to the State Dept to be apostilled. I actually had someone print mine and send it in the US. Maybe ask MR if the PRA will also accept a notarized affidavit from the embassy for that also. Things were easier before the Hague apostille crap.

@pilotdrh Thanks, I just contacted MR and she told me I was exempt from police clearance from my home country. I asked her a 2nd time to be sure and she said "Yes sir! You are exempted to submit police clearance sir." Maybe it's my age or the fact I've been here almost 2 years but it's good news, one less thing.

I'm on my way to Manila to have some sort of sworn statements pertaining to my DD214  and SS benefits letter notarized at the US Embassy for my SRRV visa. These are the last two things on the list. I will deliver everything to the agent at the PRA office after leaving the embassy. Hopefully that will do it. If you never hear from me again I probably took a wrong turn and ended up in one of the no-go zones and was parted out.

Good luck sir

Usually SRRV is a straight forward process, just bureaucracy involved. It did it myself 2 yearsago - until the program was put on hold an I got stuck.

That way I met the former head of the PRA in Cebu - Sir Rommel - and he is now my preferred guy in case I need any SRRV or VISA things done.

If you like his contact data just pm me.

@Moon Dog

Hi Moon Dog! Long story but I have a fiancée in CDO for years. I might come there to live. I'm retired Navy since 2000 and I'm collecting SS too. I don't have cash money for the $20k or $10k SSRV options. Can I ask which visa option you chose?

thanks, Kent

@Mack McBride

I spent 3 years in the US Army so it was only $1,500.

@GoetzPhil

Hopefully I won't need it but I will keep your offer in mind in case I do. Right now I am stuck in the plane in Manila. Deplaning is on hold due to lightning. Thanks

@GoetzPhil

Hi Phil! I'm weighing visa options. I'm retired military so maybe that one. I don't have $10k or $20k to burn. My fiancée lives in CDO. My tentative plan is to come for two years max and return but not sure yet. I would appreciate Sir Rommel contact because I may need it.

thanks, kent

Besides the 1 time deposit you have a yearly contribution of about 18K₱

Something not mention . . . Maybe you should not apply prematurely for the  SRRV and spending $$$ until you're convinced the Philippines is going to be long term for you.

DodeadSRRV'ers families get partial refunds? Maybe check the actuary tables for your age before you invest.

I'm finally finished the SRRV process. The visit to the Embassy wasn't bad. We stayed across the street in the Bay View Park hotel as always and the most difficult part was crossing Roxas Blvd. The embassy guy saved me 50 bucks by combining the 2  forms so only 1 notarization. He typed something and I scribbled a couple sentences on it and out the door I went .  I handed everything to the agent at the BDO tower in Makati and she said it looked OK. Then I learned the bad news, they don't mail it back to you, it has  to be picked up.  If I had the choice of returning to Manila or sticking a needle in my eye I would have to think about .   I decided to have it sent to Cebu, lesser of the evils.

Just received notice that I can pick up my SRRV visa as early as next Wednesday. The PRA agent said I have to show up in person and take an oath. Appointments for oath taking are Wednesdays and Fridays at 3 pm. Hopefully the SRRV visa will exempt me from having to deal with the ECC exit visa.

Duplicate post

Only what I read Moon Dog but after 12 months in PH you will require an ECCb @ P 2800. Perhaps others can correct me. For me it's P 500 after 6 months on a visitor visa. Think 13a's are the same as the SRRV, silly system but hey the Christmas party.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

@pilotdrh

Hi Pilot

I'd like to apply for an SRRV visa, but I do not want to part with my passport for three or four months , Would it be possible to appoint an agent, lodge all SRRV paperwork , pay all fees and then leave the Philippines say at the end of the second processing month. To do undertake this travel, I would need to retrieve my passport while I travel and resubmit it when I return.

Would such an arrangement be possible ??

Many thanks

RR 

@Moon Dog

It will. Have had mine for 6 years and don't deal with any entrance/exit issues when traveling. Just show id and visa inserted in your passport book.

Paul

@pilotdrh
Hi Pilot

I'd like to apply for an SRRV visa, but I do not want to part with my passport for three or four months , Would it be possible to appoint an agent, lodge all SRRV paperwork , pay all fees and then leave the Philippines say at the end of the second processing month. To do undertake this travel, I would need to retrieve my passport while I travel and resubmit it when I return.

Would such an arrangement be possible ??

Many thanks

RR 

-@rodneyrickard

Welcome to the forum but simply no, 6/8 weeks they will hold your passport and won't process the application without a 2 month visa, 6 months if you can avail.

The PRA have plenty of good agents inhouse and part of the application fee, don't pay extra. US 1,400 bucks. Get your paperwork in order before you even knock on their door, a good process is 5 to 6 weeks at times 7 weeks, things move slowly here. You need to be in PH. to apply for an SRRV and plan on at least 6/8 weeks with no passport.

Only my readings/observations.

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@Moon Dog
It will. Have had mine for 6 years and don't deal with any entrance/exit issues when traveling. Just show id and visa inserted in your passport book.

Paul

-@pbf2828

I would question that based on all my readings with regards to the SRRV and the 12 month rule, over 12 months requires an ECCb @ 2,800 pesos.

Correct me if I misread the Immigration laws.

Cheers, Steve.

@pbf2828

Thanks, I messaged the BI in Tacloban and an agent actually called me this morning. He was confused that I was saying I had an SRRV and an up to date ACR card. The agent wanted a photo of my passport to see if it had the ECC exempt stamp. If it did I would not have to deal with the ECC at all. I will know for sure on Oct. 25 when I pick it up and send the BI agent a photo of my passport.

How much did you have to pay when exiting the Philippines?

@bigpearl I just received a reply from my PRA agent. She said no ECC but there is an exit fee after 12 months.

@bigpearl I just received a reply from my PRA agent. She said no ECC but there is an exit fee after 12 months.

-@Moon Dog

Thanks for clarifying.

Last time we few out in February my ECC A was P500 that I did at the local immi office and at the airport no exit tax after being here for 35 months this time, Ben being a PH. national had to pay exit tax but I can't remember how much.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

good Morning Sir or Madan [I appologise where I am wrong..

serious question: please tell me all about the SRRV what is this

Please how can I apply for this SRRV ''i ASSUME dOCUMENT + FORM IS BE FILLED IN

I know i must fill in the 13A documents to come and live in Philippines [ I am trying to do my best but its hard-no help !

Respectfully

Terence

@mumzy1

Seriously? 13A or SRRV? Aside that's why God made google and the internet.

13A you need to be married to a Philippines national. You can apply in or out of country.

SRRV you need to be in country and have at least a 60 day visa as you will hand over your passport with your application, I would suggest you study hard the PRA site to make sure documents and eligibility are in order before you come.

https://pra.gov.ph/

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@mumzy1

This link may be helpful. This is the agency I used.

https://www.vaningenmanagement.com/

I just spoke with my PRA agent over the phone. The annual fee for the SRRV Expanded Courtesy visa is $10 so if you have a DD214 you save $350 a year. As far as I know the fee is for renewing the ID card. If you're out of the country you can have someone renew it for you. The PRA agent can usually do this and hold the new ID card for you. The visa never expires but the ID card does and it can be renewed for 2 years at a time.

Moondog, thank you for your comprehensive posting on the path you took for your SRRV.  it's very informative and helpful.  You're an excellent gentleman, and a boone to this forum.