Villa Verde

Hi, does anyone here own a property on Villa Verde? Thanks!
@lesleyhumphrey
I know someone that does! What's the reason  you're asking?
@ lesleyhumphrey12 :

How can we help you?

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team
@AJackson1303
Hi, sorry for the late response, I didn't get a notification to say I'd had a reply to my post. My husband and I would like to purchase a property in Cape Verde. Villa Verde properties are nice but when we were in Sal recently, everything on the complex looked closed and a bit like a ghost town. I just wondered what the plan is for getting the complex fully reopen and just general views on what the complex is like. Thanks!
@AJackson1303
Hi, sorry for the late response, I didn't get a notification to say I'd had a reply to my post. My husband and I would like to purchase a property in Cape Verde. Villa Verde properties are nice but when we were in Sal recently, everything on the complex looked closed and a bit like a ghost town. I just wondered what the plan is for getting the complex fully reopen and just general views on what the complex is like. Thanks!
- @lesleyhumphrey
Hi Lesley,

How "recently" were you in Sal. If it was even in late 2021, there were a lot of businesses, including several hotels and properties, closed due to the Covid travel restrictions and inconveniences in European countries. Few tourists and Expats were coming to Cape Verde.

However, when those travel restrictions were lifted, then tourism visits in January and February 2022 immediately jumped to 80% of the 2019 pre-Covid levels. In March we are over 90% of the pre-Covid levels.

In other words, Sal and Boavista are almost back to peak occupancy levels. Everything is open and bustling again, including the hotels and properties.

Cheers,

Angelo

@CVAngelo thank you. We were in Cape Verde 2 weeks ago. You're right, everything was open in Santa Maria, we still found it a little quieter than our previous visits so was even more chilled out 😊 Villa Verde shops, bars & restaurants etc all looked closed (as far as we could see when driving past).

Vila Verde looked pretty deserted to me this week

@lesleyhumphrey Vila Verde looked pretty deserted to me this week

@minniehaha that was our experience too. Very much like a ghost town. It doesn't look very inviting in its current state. This is why I would like to speak to someone who owns a property there to see if this is temporary. I wouldn't want to purchase a property if there is no chance of it being fully reopened. Thanks for your reply 😀

@minniehaha that was our experience too. Very much like a ghost town. It doesn't look very inviting in its current state. This is why I would like to speak to someone who owns a property there to see if this is temporary. I wouldn't want to purchase a property if there is no chance of it being fully reopened. Thanks for your reply 😀

- @lesleyhumphrey
Hey folks! Villa Verde is open and has been open all along. As I was trying to explain, due to the travel restrictions OUTSIDE of Cape Verde, many owners and renters were not able to return. However, it is only within the last two to three months that the tourism visits to CV have increased from near zero to almost 80% of pre-Covid levels.

Thus, even though Vila Verde appears closed, it is very much open for business, and rentals and sales are once again on the upswing. I would expect that by summer, it will be quite obviously open.

Cheers to all,

Angelo

I just went for a run around the complex of villa verde,

went down all the streets and can confirm it is deserted.

could see in the rear gardens and all the plunge pools are empty and not lived in, the apartments I only saw two that looked like someone was living there .

a lot of weeds, over grown gardens , tennis courts looked like they have not been used in years although gardeners were out trying to tackle it.

a lot of security guards and signs there trying to get back on track .

I just went for a run around the complex of villa verde,
went down all the streets and can confirm it is deserted.
could see in the rear gardens and all the plunge pools are empty and not lived in, the apartments I only saw two that looked like someone was living there .
a lot of weeds, over grown gardens , tennis courts looked like they have not been used in years although gardeners were out trying to tackle it.
a lot of security guards and signs there trying to get back on track .
-@kevinadams

Hi Kevin,

There are people living there and the rental/administrative offices are open. Obviously, with such a massive complex which became deserted during the Covid-19 epidemic when all the foreigners returned to their countries of origin, it will take time for the Vila Verde complex to become substantially occupied once again.

And if you know Cape Verde well, you would know that they don't spend money on things considered unnecessary...like maintenance when no one is there. 😂.

Frankly, I don't know why people left to go back to countries that were very restrictive in their public health responses. We had it pretty nice in CV with significantly more freedom to move around. Plus, almost everyone got vaccinated so we came out of Covid restrictions long before most developed countries. The foreign residents should have stayed. Anyway, that's a whole other discussion.

Cheers,

Angelo

I was in Villa Verde this week, december 2023 and it still looks very empty.

Only 4 blocks of 13 aare rented.

For high- season it is very quiet.

I was looking myself for an affordable appartement in Sal.

This is no covid thing, perhaps a builders/selling mismatch.

But i had a wonderful, quiet week.

I was in Villa Verde this week, december 2023 and it still looks very empty.

Only 4 blocks of 13 aare rented.

For high- season it is very quiet.

I was looking myself for an affordable appartement in Sal.

This is no covid thing, perhaps a builders/selling mismatch.

But i had a wonderful, quiet week.

There are very few people. Stand is kind. Garden looks good. Pool is clean and was nice. But very few guests. Maybe 40 ore 50 at all.

When you read the prospectus, one might think this was meent to be a Village of its own  .

Still interested in an appartement here, because of the quietness.

Maybe an organisation that offers mindfull trips could do something here, stad here, do yoga on the beach?

@AJackson1303 hi. I am looking for an unfurnished t1 on villa verde, any ideas? Thanks

@Alex house hunters

hello and welcome !

Please create an advert in the Housing in Cape Verde section so that members can reach out to you to make offers.

Thank you

Bhavna

To rent or to buy? There are many offers to buy on the market, a T1 from about 50,000 euros. But keep an eye on the condo fees, they are also quite high in Villa Verde.