Flat or smallhouse in pedra badejo

as i plan to retire to cabo verde i am lokking for a flat or a small house in pedra badejo.with what costs i would have to count for a 50 squaremeter house or flat in basic condition.thanks in advance. dimitris

as i plan to retire to cabo verde i am lokking for a flat or a small house in pedra badejo.with what costs i would have to count for a 50 squaremeter house or flat in basic condition.thanks in advance. dimitris        -@distabo59

Hi Dimitris,

Pedra Badejo is a very nice rural area in Santiago. I really like it there. Far enough from Praia if you don't want to be in the busy city, But still close enough that you can get everything you need.

You can rent a small apartment in Pedra Badejo for around 15.000 escudos per month (€150). You may have to buy some furnishings but those are cheap and can be sold if you ever decide to leave. Plus you'll probabbly want your own furniture if you deide to change houses.

One thing to look out for is that being an English-speaking foreigner, their with be an incentive for owners to tell you a higher price than the current market price. Therefore you should have a local person go in advance to agree on the real price before you show up.

Cheers,

Angelo