Morocco Marriage Process

@didi1998 because I had all the documents and a well connected lawyer basically I was jumping queues.. it took 7 days.. the police report took 3 days even though they told us a a week to 2 weeks.

Please note this is not the criminal record coz this took just 3hrs.

Also I was in casablanca so I don't know about other cities. The lawyer too €1300 which covered everything except the adoul.

@Kasmicm

okay, the police record i will order a week before i arrive at casablanca. i have all my documents ready just waiting for the appointment in embassy and see doctor and will hand in all documents hopefully would all be rdy in a week as i only have two weeks off.

Personally I dont order the police records online.. I went with my lawyer to rabat again here we really literally just worked through because of him. But nothing to be worried about. 2 week or a week and half is good. But be usual u got the documents from the embassy from my experience getting an appointment was the only pain. Otherwise the team at the embassy will help u and give all u need knowing that you plan to get married

@Kasmicm hi, just to be specific are we talking two weeks as 10 working days Monday to Friday or does this include weekends? So if my appointment is on Tuesday the. Inshallah it will be complete h the following Friday?

@Yasmin21 they don't work weekends... I cant emphasis enough how important it was with the lawyer he made it stress free.. you will visit the court twice.

Second time is when the police has basically done their investigation with interpol ( the criminal report) this takes a week or 2 which the police told us but our lawyer made some calls and it was done in 3 days.

I recommend going for 2 weeks just in case however the process can be finished in 7 working days.

@zahidiqbal81Did you translated the payslips?

@Yassim M I dont use payslips (used a letter which was not stamped but had the company details like British gas or national water) also I don't worry about translation because the lawyer did it

@Kasmicm Okay but you paid a lawyer. The majority of us will use an adoul and prepare the paperwork. Thanks for your help all the same.

@jd221279

thanks a lot ,nice to meet you ,i am a londoner and would love to get further help and  advice on this topic..my name i Kash and i would like tou leave my number  if its convent for you to contact ,

thanks again

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@jd221279

i am on ESA AND PIP.

and have all tge documents except payslips and compentency statment

@Kasmicm

hey, I have a quick question. I pretty much have to go to a similar situation I have to do my appointment at the consulate in Casablanca. But I am planning on getting married in Marrakesh so I was wondering, do you know any good lawyers out there because I only have two weeks to takeoff of work to get my marriage certificate then pick up my report get everything translated and then try to get married.

@Kasmicm You can do the process within 10 days yourself. There is no need to pay lawyers.

My process took 10 days and I did everything myself. Aug 7-11 and Aug 14-18.

@dlhayasan1 Its possible just by yourself. Dont pay lawyers for simple things. Just make sure you have all docs.

@Benson Harrison when you say lawyer. Do you mean Adoul?

@Benson Harrison so what all did you accomplish in those days to be able to get it done in 10 days? What did your itinerary consist of?

you dont need lawyers, you juste need to search and have all the papers ready.

mine took around 12 days to get all papers and get married.

if you want some informations, dont hesitate .

Thannk you

Has anybody managed to attend the embassy appointment,  without providing your fiancés Moroccan passport/national card?!!!  Please let me know.

Will you get turned away without them?!!!!

@zahidiqbal81

i have the same question. Do i need to apostille the pay slips and the employment letter? or just translation ?

@Aa.Guest from my experience I dont .. however you will be asked to double check the affidavit that all details are correct before they sign and stamp it. So its handy if you are able to confirm your partners details

hi all has anyone married in imintanout morroco if so what is the time wait after papers have been summited to the court and you have had the first interview

@Xxscotlssxx

its gone to the police also ? if yes around 3 weeks should get everything done

@ave03 hi i done the first interview in the court on thursday and the searches have started as we dont need to go to the police interview there 3 places that the  document are sent for the final checking before the give us the accept for  marriage not sure why they have to do more checked when all the paperwork is in place already

@jd221279 Just got back 2 days ago, we followed a similar process but did it on our own and did it in 7 days. Married now, im glad its over it was intense

@jd221279 Just got back from morocco 2 days ago, it took us 7 days to complete the process. I went via the apostille and certificate of no impediment route. Didnt go to the british embassy in Morocco as there are no interview dates at least none close by. We didnt use a lawyer, but i was lucky my now wife is civil servant who is  very familiar with the court and navigating the offices as she works with them on a regular basis.

@eurekanova Alahumma Barik!

Congratulations

Can you share with us the process to get it done in 7 days following your COI and apostille. Any tips?

@Yasmin21 I would say plan plan plan, me and my wife actually had a google docsheet we shared to write every single thing we needed to do and ticked off green when we get it done. We got most of the tips from this page here to be honest.

UK SIDE ABOUT ONE MONTH TO DO ALL THIS

• Everything already listed here on the forum above is correct so i dont need to rewrite (payslips, employer letter, etc)
  • If you are the one in the UK, make sure that you get all the documents that have been asked for on this forum ready. Things like the ACRO (takes about 2 weeks)
  • Send your fiance your passport details, so they can do the moroccan police report before you even get there ( similar to ACRO) so thats out the way. easy win as its fast.
  • I did the certificate of no impediment (it takes 28 days) after the 28 days, the registry called me to come and collect it.
  • As soon as i got it, i didnt even take it home, i posted it straightaway next day recorded delivery to an apostille. I used this service https://www.hagueapostille.co.uk/
  • They got it back to me in just 3 days with DHL. They are very efficient.
  • Only apostille the certificate of no impediment. Dont waste money on other stuff.
  • Due to the apostille, we somehow bypassed the embassy screening in Rabat, those guys never have dates (i hear people steal appointment dates and sell in the black market)
  • Take about 10 passport pics with you, i took about 6 and it wasnt enough, we had to find a photolab to duplicate one which i had left.

Thats most of the UK side sorted. The tricky one is the moroccan side

MOROCCAN SIDE

• Send all your stuff ahead of time to your fiance before you even go, so they can begin the process of translating each document and doing photocopies, (you will need a lot of this for each document trust me)
  • Buy a folder file, the type with transparent sleeves inside. As you place an original document within each, make sure the translation and copies are right next to it within the same sleeve. This will save you from flipping through files as you run from office to office. So when they ask you for a paper, its easy to find and the translations and copies are in the same sleeve.
  •     Now, if your fiance can do this, he/she can try to head to the family court you will be using ahead of your arrival, see if he/she can find a judge to speak to who can have a look at your files so far. ( My fiance took some things along to show gratitude honey and stuff) she had prepared our file with all the documents she had so far and asked for advice from him. This way, he always recognised us when we came back there and he was the one who gave us the final go ahead to marry.
  • If you are already muslim no worries about conversion, if you are not, you may have to do this over there at an adoul's office which costs some extra money
  • if you were born in the uk no problem, however, i wasn't so i had to take my certificate of naturalisation.
  • (If you are a naturalised citizen like me word of advise, do not i repeat let them hold your certificate of naturalisation stand your ground)they have a habit of wanting to hold uk original documents. Luckily my wife refused to even show them mine which we had,  she told them they had seen the passport, proof of address, what did they need it for?
  • We saw a youtube video giving advise on marriage in morocco where they took someones certificate and never gave it back, so my now wife and i had kept this in mind. Good job we did, they started asking for it but we refused to show it. We pulled it off, but if you do show yours only allow them to take a copy. It is an important uk document, i dont know why the moroccan government wants to keep it.
  • FINAL STAGES: Then there is a police side of things, you will at some point be sent to the police station for another security check. They ask you a few questions, travel history, where you live, work, university etc. They ask your moroccan partner the same.
  • If all checks out, they give us a number i think to take back to the court and this is when the judge gave us the final yes. So we went back to the adoul to officially marry.

We started  Wednesday 2 weeks ago and finished Tuesday last week so it took 5 days in total, couldve been shorter, the adoul was a little lazy and slowed us down a bit by not going to court to hand in some documents.

Even the local photocopier lady was shocked and said this was the fastest mixed marriage she had ever witnessed.

Don't waste any day, as soon as you land, start early morning and begin your mission, office to office, ask for advice from everyone you see in the court, security, lawyers, admin. It was one of the most adventurous and gruelling things ive ever done. But only 3 weeks ago i was on this forum reading notes just like the rest of you, im back in England now, its all done! Good luck let me know if you have anymore questions.

@eurekanova absolutely brilliant advice

Jazakallha khair

We've been busy planning the last week so imshallah all will be smooth for our appointment next week.

Can my fiance collect my criminal record from the embassy? Or has to wait for me to collect it?

Hello

I am in the process of being married and I am sorry to say this but really if you are not well informed of the process while you are here or in the UK, it is not as simple as people have written here, it has been a nightmare from start to finish, does not matter how organised you are, things change just like that, I have been here for 2 weeks and still not married, due to cancellation of embassy, my appointment was on a Tuesday, they cancelled the day before I was due to fly out and re-arranged for the Friday, all documents translated, tests done from the Dr, an adoul hired, due to go to the court Tuesday and now they are on strike, within one day things change just like that, so unless your very lucky that it goes smoothly, as mine certainly has not.  Good luck to all.

Hi all ,

I have my appointment with British consulate in Marrakech tomorrow to get my affirmation of marital status and the certified copy of my passport.

I know that I need to take my Moroccan partner's ID card/passport with me but does any one know whether if he needs to attend the appointment with me or am I okay to attend by myself?

Btw, we went to family court few weeks ago and talked to different Adouls and they keep telling us that we can get things done in 2-3 days after submitting all documents to the court if we do all the running arounds between the court and the police ourselves. A bit stressed now reading that it has taken some people 7 days recently 1f600.svg

@reihane I'm sure you don't as long as you have your fiancé's physical id and passport with you. Our appointment is tomorrow inshallah. Is yours in Morocco or Rabat?

@Yasmin21 our adouls say 15 days! This us Marrakech.

@Yasmin21 ah, I see it's Marrakech!

@Yasmin21 , Thank you for your response. Yes my appointment is in Marrakech. Regarding the process time, we asked the lady working at the mixed marriage section of the family court and two Adouls and they all said 2-3 days but we need to put our "trainers on" to run around 1f604.svg We planned according what they told us and I really hope that we can make it in time as I have my siblings coming over next week from all different parts of the world.1f602.svg

All the best lucks with the whole process and your marriage 1f60a.svg

@reihane inshallah, I really hope it's quick for us. I wish you the very best.

Hi all and @Yasmin21 ,

I just came up with another question. How did you get the doctor certificate for both the "good health" and "no pregnancy" result?

Can the laboratory do both the test and certificate or need to still go to a Dr. too?

Or is there any doctor that can do the test too?

Please can anyone advise on the health certificate and if they just ask you questions or if they do a blood and urine test ?

Has anyone completed the marriage process with a CNI and certified copy of passport as we couldn't get an appointment in August but have been told by the court that this is sufficient 

Thank you 

@Vakil

hey!

Please can you advise on the health certificate and if they just ask you questions or if they do a blood and urine test ?

Has anyone completed the marriage process with a CNI and certified copy of passport as we couldn't get an appointment in August but have been told by the court that this is sufficient 

Thank you 

@jd221279

hey Jav,

please can you elaborate on the doctors appointment. Did you both have this check together and was the pregnancy test a non negotiable ?

thanks 

@jd221279 hello how are you? I was wondering if I can get your translators information? These people are trying to railroad me and charge me twice what they should literally have 17 pages to be translated and they're trying to charge me 4000MAD.