Menu
Expat.com

Moving ahead with our move to Cyprus

Last activity 18 February 2023 by Alvaro G.C.98

MacGeorge8035

We have now committed to moving to the Larnaca area of Cyprus on the 1st of November 2022. We have booked flights and secured a short term holiday let for 6 weeks in Oroklini. I suspect things will start to accelerate quickly now and I seem to have a to-do list as long as my arm.

But I would like  some help with the following:

1. Letting Agents in the Larnaca area for long term lets of at least 12 months

2. Reliable second-hand car dealerships in the same area

3. Anyone (solicitor\faciliator) who could help us with the red tape of getting a Cypriot bank account and applying for residency status in the Larnaca area.

4. A good insurance broker in the Larnaca area to organise, medical, house, pet and car insurance.

5. Good removal company to ship my furniture over.

Thanks in advance
MyCandyGirl
There is only one good insurance broker in the whole of Cyprus .. speak to Scott at Abbeygate insurance.. for a no nonsense approach and polite service .. but even better really competitive .. and you can tell Scott I said so .. I'm over the moon with my policy .... 
MacGeorge8035
MyCandyGirl, I was seriously considering Abbeygate, thanks for confirming. Do you think it is worth contacting them now for Medical Insurance.
Toon
Abbeygate have a very good reputation.. we've used them for all our insurance needs for the last 8 years..
jakemurphy
.1. Letting Agents, would recommend cypruslife.net. They have an office in Orokilini village, very helpful, George and Rachel are the contacts there.

2. Reliable secondhand car dealers. Most main dealers have garages in Larnaca, for Ford we used Michaels Automotive and for VW we used Unicars garage. both very good, sell new and second hand cars. also worth checking bazaraki.com for cars.

3. Cypriot bank account  Larnaca area. All major banks have branches there, We went with Helenic Bank, found them good.

4. A good insurance broker in the Larnaca , There is Anytime Insurance brokers, in the town which a lot of locals use, although we got our car, house and medical insurance through topquotes.com.cy/. They are based in Paphos but everything can be done over the phone or by email. found them competitive and efficient.

5. Good removal company to ship my furniture over. Try local offices of DHL in the town centre,
Toon
Thanks Jake as I can't advise for the area of Larnaca .....

But can certainly vouch for top quotes and anytime ....also for Michaels automotive albeit at the west end of the island
MacGeorge8035
Jake

Thanks, that was really helpful.

Does anyone have any experience with Andy's Motors they seem to deal with the Military a lot
MacGeorge8035
Toon

I was keen on the Paphos area, but my wife prefers the Larnaca area. No idea why, every married man knows how these things go.
ridata2001
Have U seen the latest info as regards moving too the Island Mac...?>

compliments of Toon..smile.png

MacGeorge8035
Yes I have, it does present us with a dilemma. Another website indicates that this is  linked to the “Golden Visa” program. If it does present a problem I will go down the route of a Category F Visa, rather than temporary residency. If we have to go with the new rules we could probably manage it. Though I really want to rent first.  I await Toons update after he has spoken to the immigration office.

Reading the rules in the article this is going to cause problems for anyone wanting to retire to Cyprus.
ridata2001
@MacGeorge8035  Totally agree, would spanner our plans as well, could manage, but original action plan out the window..

Steve.
Toon
Well If it doesn't impact on the annually renewed pink slip with no impacts on its financials all will be ok....  but and right now it's a big but..  we shall see what immigration say
MacGeorge8035
There is nothing on the Cyprus Immigration website about these new rules. On another point I know the new rules have been agreed by ministers, does that mean it becomes law immediately.
jaggardcarol

Hi Macgeorge, we are doing the same flying out to Cyprus 27th February, did you find a company to help with the red tape in the larnaca area I.e applying for residency.  We contacted Gwynnys red tape services but she only covers Paphos.

Kind regards

Carol

MacGeorge8035

Sorry, I ended up in Paphos and used Melanie Osborne who also only does people in the Paphos area. Sadly Mel has died since she sorted out our documentation. Have you tried this forum that deals with the Larnaca area.

http://www.easterncyprus.com/index.php? … 2236e63297

Toon

@jakemurphy can you help with this one

Femacy

It's really nice to know that people are willing to assist.

Well done 👏 guys.

Toon

Try Foda Charalambous Larnaca .. will send number on pm

Alvaro G.C.98

Good guys, I have seen that some of you might need an accountant. I attach the company I currently work with, they are serious and do everything digitally!

Best regards! smile.png

[link moderated]/

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Articles to help you in your expat project in Cyprus

All of Cyprus's guide articles