Residence Permit Lost

Hi,

My colleague has lost his Hungarian residence card. Non EU citizen.
We know the procedures. We have an appointment with the immigration office. We have the police report.
But he wants to leave right after the appointment. Does anyone know? Can he leave with the expired visa? He may show the customs his police report and tell them that he applied to the immigration office. We couldn't get a clear answer even from the authorities we could find.

Thanks.

@tolgasonal

Hi,

My colleague has lost his Hungarian residence card. Non EU citizen.
We know the procedures. We have an appointment with the immigration office. We have the police report.
But he wants to leave right after the appointment. Does anyone know? Can he leave with the expired visa? He may show the customs his police report and tell them that he applied to the immigration office. We couldn't get a clear answer even from the authorities we could find.

Thanks.
- @tolgasonal

Why don't you phone the airport police and ask them?
Thank you for your suggestion. I thought it could be a good way to solve my issue. After making many calls and trying to explain the problem to some number of people, they asked me to email them. The email unfortunately hasn't been answered in the last 5 days.
Thank you for your suggestion. I thought it could be a good way to solve my issue. After making many calls and trying to explain the problem to some number of people, they asked me to email them. The email unfortunately hasn't been answered in the last 5 days.
- @tolgasonal

You really need a Hungarian speaker to call. 

Somehow they have secret superpowers that allow them to communicate with each other and get things done. 

Maybe you'll get more results at BMBAH.

@tolgasonal try the number 1818 and go to English they are there 24 hours a day and do not let them go away. They are quite helpful. Good luck

Hi @tolgasonal,

do you have any answers from your research? I am in the exactly same situation. I lost mine, already applied for a new one but I need to travel outside EU in 2 weeks...

I really appreciate any help

thank you in advance

Regards,

Felipe