The company I work at is removing my role

The company I am working at decided ( without any notice) to dismantle my role and the team I work with. Not because of performance or anything but more because of restructuring.

Now they are offering me another job, but it is like going back to point 0 for me and the advancement I had to acheive during my career. Not suitable for me. Or the other option is that we will depart away and they pay me 2 months notice. I have a contract of 1 year with them and 6 months is left on the contract. would love to hear advices on the 2 months notice proposal?

Aren't they supposed to pay for the remaining of my contract if the role they proposed doesnt match my abilities at this very moment? Is it legal to push people to accept that role they proposed even tho it is like a downgrade for me? I am really lost and would love to hear from you. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm assuming your contract or CAO makes no provision for redundancy (check).

The statutory notice period If employed for less than five years is one month.

Statutory severance pay is 1/3 of the gross monthly salary for every year of service. It's currently capped at €89,000 gross or the employee's full year's salary, whichever is higher.

If I've understood you correctly, it looks like what they have offered you is reasonable.

If your current residence permit is sponsored by them, then you will have to notify the IND of your change in status.  Perhaps you should consider staying in the new role they have offered you, it then gives you some breathing space to look elsewhere.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team