Getting Contract Without BSN Number Before Relocate to Netherlands

Hi guys,

Like many highly skilled migrant, before I moved to Netherlands I need to have a contract from the company, that want to hire me, to be able to handle my visa process.

But the company told me, "we can not provide you a contract without BSN number"

In other hand, Netherlands can not provide BSN number before I move to Netherlands.

How your companies provide you a contract without you have BSN number before you relocation?

Can you guide me? According to your guidance I will inform the company. As I understand the company does not know how they can provide me a contract without a BSN number.

Also I have another question.

If the company can not provide me an employment contract without BSN number, would be enough to provide "acceptance letter" or "offer letter" to embassy instead of employment contract?

Companies should provide an employment contract before you get the BSN.

A BSN  number will be required for the company to process wage payments.

Thanks for your answer James. Unfortunately the company told me "we need a BSN to make a contract".

As I understand they don't know that they can provide a contract without BSN number. I want to guide them. But I can not find any official documentation to provide them to show how that is the possible. How can I guide them in this situation?

Hi guys,
Like many highly skilled migrant, before I moved to Netherlands I need to have a contract from the company, that want to hire me, to be able to handle my visa process.

But the company told me, "we can not provide you a contract without BSN number"

In other hand, Netherlands can not provide BSN number before I move to Netherlands.

How your companies provide you a contract without you have BSN number before you relocation?

Can you guide me? According to your guidance I will inform the company. As I understand the company does not know how they can provide me a contract without a BSN number.

Also I have another question.

If the company can not provide me an employment contract without BSN number, would be enough to provide "acceptance letter" or "offer letter" to embassy instead of employment contract?
-@aliarslan10

Something is wrong here.

I was a Ḱnowledgew worker, hired by a Dutch company 23 years ago, and before they would let me 'get away', :)

I had to sign their Work contract .... if I wanted the position.

Of course, I had no BSN number at the time.

You CAN'T get a BSN number UNLESS you have a permit to live here, and you can't get a permit to live here without a Work contract.

I suspect they are not used to hiring foreign applicants, so they don't know what they are doing.

I would contact the government directly - https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/contact

Telephone

+31 247 247 247

The Netherlands Worldwide contact centre can always be reached by phone: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Thanks for your answer Becka. That is problem, I need to break this endless cycle :) Without contract I can't get a permit visa and without permit to live I can't get a BSN. I am aware of this situation :)

The company believes that they do not provide contract without BSN. I need to show them how it is possible to make contract without BSN. But I don't know how I will do it. Because as you said, without contract I don't have a chance get work and visa.

Yes you're right. As I know that they first time hire foreign. Thanks for your guidence. I saved the phone number.

https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpe … werknemers

Read this link, it helps you better to understand the situation. It's in Dutch but using a translation app will get you the headlines.

You can only apply for a BSN number if you live in the Netherlands. After your arrival in the Netherlands you have five days to do so at the city hall of the place where you landed.

Assuming you're a Turk, you need a work permit before you can start working.

Then your future employer can do his side of the process.

Back to square one I guess.

https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpe … werknemersRead this link, it helps you better to understand the situation. It's in Dutch but using a translation app will get you the headlines.You can only apply for a BSN number if you live in the Netherlands. After your arrival in the Netherlands you have five days to do so at the city hall of the place where you landed.Assuming you're a Turk, you need a work permit before you can start working.Then your future employer can do his side of the process.Back to square one I guess. -@PrimadonnaThanks for sharing, I will read it. But I am not live in Netherlands.As you said I need a work permit. But, to be able to have a work permit, the company should provide me a contract.

[link under review]
Read this link, it helps you better to understand the situation. It's in Dutch but using a translation app will get you the headlines.

You can only apply for a BSN number if you live in the Netherlands. After your arrival in the Netherlands you have five days to do so at the city hall of the place where you landed.

Assuming you're a Turk, you need a work permit before you can start working.
Then your future employer can do his side of the process.

Back to square one I guess.
-@Primadonna

Thanks for sharing, I will read it. But I am not live in Netherlands.

As you said I need a work permit. But, to be able to have a work permit, the company should provide me a contract.
-@aliarslan10

Read first and then comment...

P.s, send this link to your future employer, it can be useful to them.