13 year Experienced Forwarder looking for a logistics job

Hello All,

I am an experienced Logistics Forwarder from Middle East. Can you share how to find a job in Netherlands. I am currently in Qatar but have experience in International Freight including Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Whole Europe. 

Hello All,
I am an experienced Logistics Forwarder from Middle East. Can you share how to find a job in Netherlands. I am currently in Qatar but have experience in International Freight including Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Whole Europe. 

-@cmshameer92

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

My advice is to check out our jobs section (top of this page).  If there is nothing there, then try joining LinkedIn and reaching out to your peers already working in the Netherlands to find out who is hiring and where.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@cmshameer92 What Dutch language certificate do you have?

@Peter Lorimer currently leraning the language. but i thought majority speak english in Netherlands . Excuse me for my knowledge if i am wrong.

@Peter Lorimer currently leraning the language. but i thought majority speak english in Netherlands . Excuse me for my knowledge if i am wrong.

-@cmshameer92

As an Indian citizen, part of the process you would go through is called the MVV; this link will take you straight to the Dutch Government website that has the details.  Part of the MVV process is a requirement to pass a Dutch language examination (spoken, reading and Dutch current affairs).  There are some exemptions, the link will take you through it.

As for English, many people in the Netherlands can speak English, but most prefer it if you can speak to them in their own language; the Dutch call it integration and it's an important part of their lifestyle.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

-@cmshameer92

The Dutch government requires that your level of fluency is at least at B1, although many people get around with in, especially in low scaled jobs like waiters and behind a register (mainly in big cities).

Furthermore your future employer needs to proof to the immigration office that he can't find any Dutch or European to fulfill the vacancy and therefore he wants to hire you.

This is in a nutshell about the whole process.