Suggestions for towns in Aguascalientes

Hello everyone !

My wife and I are planning an extended stay in the State of Aguascalientes. We are leaving this September to look for a town that we like. Heat and humidity are difficult for me to handle since I have multiple sclerosis. We are retired and active. Does anyone have suggestions for any towns in Aguascalientes? I know that the weather is cooler in Toluca but the volcanoes bother us somewhat. We are working on learning Spanish and have bought a language translator. I bought Mexican car insurance lasting for a year starting Sept. 6, 2023. It just made sense. Is Cavillo nice? Any others? We will be looking at houses and apartments for rent too. I'm so tired of the political chaos and inflation in the US. We are Catholic. We need friends which seem difficult to find and keep in the US. It's like Satan has been let loose here. I don't want to fight woke anymore. I'm too old. I just want to enjoy whatever time God has left to me. God bless you all!

Fight woke?

I'm transgender and actually love how accepting and humble the Mexicans are.  I came here to avoid the Americans that are hating on my people.  I love it here and if you're hoping for otherwise you'll be sadly disappointed because there is a vibrant LGBTQ culture here, even more so than the states. 

Marijuana is everywhere and so is booze.  Prostitution is legal and there is far less of a racism problem here in Mexico than America. 

I believe Mexico is more "woke" than America in so many ways 😘

My wife and i recently drove to Aguascalientes.  the joshua trees along the way were magnificent.  not much else was though.  we were shaken down for money by soldiers.  not many items were cheap.  nothing is very clean.  most things need repaired.  i never found  a decent small town and a concrete jungle city is just that.  drivers were chaotic.  the cities were huge.  dont underestimate the language barrier either, this is not Europe.  Dont drive at night, the bandidtos will get you.  it never seemed safe.  WE WERE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED