Exploring a move to Jalisco

Hi. My family and I are seriously considering moving from US to Jalisco. Married couple with with 2 young kids. We own a food truck here in the states and are wondering if that would be something we could do for work in Mexico. And if so what city that would that be most successful in. I would love to hear input. Earning income is obviously a deciding factor on this big decision. Thank you!

First thing you need to do is check and see how you are going to meet residency requirements.  If you cant be approved for temp or perm residency than no reason to waste the time on the rest.  You need 5k+ USD a month for a family  with temp residency and over 7k+ USD a month for perm residency.  Now also large cash in the bank will do it but your talking 6 figure USD in the bank for a year.  Before you start planning you need to see how your going to get down here legally.

Thank you.

@MexicoAfterlife Thank you. We are not  really even in planing stages yet. Still exploring if this is something we want to do.  I have done a lot of research but still have a lot of questions. This was one question i cant just google. we have equity in our home that would give a us a big cushion in the bank. we wouldn't  particularly need to work straight away but i certainly want to line up a way to keep cash flow. this sort of work is our family business and I'd like to know if it would be a way to earn money there is all.

@Kyexpatfoodtruck

they dont count equity in a house for this.  You have to show the amount of money in a bank or investment account for 1 year with proof from the bank or investment firm.  You would have to sell your house and then put the money into a bank or investment account for 1 year before applying for residency.

@Kyexpatfoodtruck

I have visited Puerto Vallarta for 55 years , and living on a permanent visa here since the last administration in U .S.

Puerto Vallarta has many many local and native- owned food trucks for Mexican street food. My suggestion is, in order to try to even make a living on that type of business, you would have to offer a completely  different kind of food. Keep in mind that the Nuevo Jalisco drug carter has taken a strong foothold in Jalisco, with suspected extortion

scenes on top of all the

normally expected frustrating bureaucracy for permit, etc. How to compete against huge carne asada quesadillas for $2 US? Exchange rates going south as well..

Good luck! in spite of it all, life is generally good here.

A coastal Californian